Notices
Forced Induction Turbochargers and Superchargers..Got Boost?

Top 10 FI Z's

Search this Thread

Old 12-19-2003, 06:30 AM
Juztin

Received 29 Likes on 23 Posts

I know what you where implying, but I'm unbiased in this thread, and I have my reasons to post the results, you'll see them when Max posts up the sheet.
Old 12-19-2003, 06:31 AM
ravaz

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

OK, I understand
Old 12-19-2003, 06:44 AM
Juztin

However Ravaz, you have proved a crucial point, all dyno's that go on this sheet will need a chart with them, especially for the > #5. Having such high numbers involves scrutiny, so the person posting to be in the chart WILL need to provide me with dyno chart. But I also need permission to post those dyno's. So 12Sec, please publically post your chart within the next few days or I will have to remove you from the list until you do so. I want to provide everyone here with real, proveable, and especially UNARGUEABLE numbers.
Old 12-19-2003, 07:55 AM
noahbuddy

ok
371 rwhp
294 trq
8 psi

detonation over 6000 rpm (but that's another thread )

Old 12-19-2003, 08:07 AM
ravaz

Wow, you guys had the ***** to go above 6600 rpm w/o retarding any timing? From the looks of your sheet, looks like it was Altered Atmosphere...
Old 12-19-2003, 09:45 AM
12SecZ

Flynn,

I'm feeling the love lol, I want to see the dyno's from the J&S guys before I post mine. I always want to reflash so I feel comfotable getting a higher torque number. My car is at Nissan having the plugs changed, the Samco's installed , the fuel pump added and then I need to reflash of course.

You are correct though, I don't put much stock in Dyno numbers other than %gain which is 63% and when the track opens and we post time slips that to me will be the ultimate thread. Our track is closed and G Tech is not the track.

Thanks. I have 48 hours. I await J&S to post one to be fair, after all my setup is flawed right

Bill, you told me your car was running and finished 10 days ago, so is it or isn't it? Who are you to call anyone out Mr. Secret? Keep the hate off the boards!
Old 12-19-2003, 02:05 PM
ravaz

Max, I didn't call anyone out. I just said we should see dyno sheets also, I like looking at dynos and what not, not saying anyone is a liar etc.. As for my car, it's a secret I guess, and there is no hate, be nice
Old 12-19-2003, 03:05 PM
12SecZ

I would rather see track times and A/F #'s not who has the highest HP. I am nice, I am saying that my setup got clowned now you want a Dyno lol? What about base to now %? Search my posts back a year you will find from day one that I have said I don't like Dyno's so I am consitant in my facts. I like this thread but when I go flash for the cats/pulleys/Crawford will my numbers go up or down? Who cares as long as I win at the track. I am a bracket racer bro, not a power monger.

Post your currentDyno, I didn't ask anyone to put me on this list! I was just added! My Crawford ships out Mon-Tues, my fuel system is complete, my plugs are changed and what I think is odd is no one asked what the FI's A/F was at just more of a my number is higher than yours type thing. My secret I guess

You have secrets, so do I now. I will be at TS in about 2 weeks. Till then Merry Christmas to all and to all a good A/F/Timing
Old 12-19-2003, 03:06 PM
flynnibus
Z Flier

Originally posted by 12SecZ
Flynn,

I'm feeling the love lol, I want to see the dyno's from the J&S guys before I post mine.
No worries.. it was just a flip flop from what you had said prior.. and Juztin said it was posted somwhere.. when I couldn't find it. Plus, I hadn't heard of you doing anything to your car since you played with your shifting problem.
Old 12-19-2003, 03:12 PM
12SecZ

Back on topic sorry,

Anyone notice that the Procharger seems to have trouble making torque? Even the 387 at 7 pounds which is dang impressive if you ask me, has low torque. Look at WD's another A5T like mine. Check the TQ.

Watch our TQ numbers go way up when
A. I add my Verter/Cooler
B. WD does the Valve Body Upgrade.

W00t!

Will our RWHP change? Not one bit. Will our ET? Heck YA!

Just trying to have people understand where I am coming from, not trying to be mean.

Old 12-19-2003, 03:13 PM
12SecZ

Plus, I hadn't heard of you doing anything to your car since you played with your shifting problem.
Oh sorry, you are way behind Flynn!

Sorry for the 3x post, I was told not to edit or I would!

Yeah A5T problem fixed, it was in my sig for 2 weeks!
Old 12-19-2003, 03:24 PM
GaryK

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

This is funny. Max has the highest rwhp yet has no dynosheet? So Max, did you already get your car tuned for the new pulleys? You say you'll be at TS in two weeks to get your car tuned, I'm just curious how you came up with those numbers if you haven't had it tuned yet...

BTW, centrifugal supercharged cars will not make the torque that a turbo can because they are limited to lower boost at lower rpms. A turbo can spool up and make more boost in the lower rpms, which will bring the torque up. One advantage to turbos....

Last edited by GaryK; 12-19-2003 at 03:26 PM.
Old 12-19-2003, 03:42 PM
12SecZ

Thank you Gary, My high stall TC will up my TQ. May I see your currrent Dyno with J&S please?

I have nothing but the utmost respect for you Gary K.

Hey, why does it say Nissan sucks in your thing now where it used to say carves sandwhiches or whatever? Are you having Nissan problems.

Anyways Justin is a smart man, he will do the right thing, I have faith in him and this thread. Let's all play nice OK?
Old 12-19-2003, 03:51 PM
GaryK

Originally posted by 12SecZ
Thank you Gary, My high stall TC will up my TQ. May I see your currrent Dyno with J&S please?

I have nothing but the utmost respect for you Gary K.

Hey, why does it say Nissan sucks in your thing now where it used to say carves sandwhiches or whatever? Are you having Nissan problems.

Anyways Justin is a smart man, he will do the right thing, I have faith in him and this thread. Let's all play nice OK?
Max, I'm asking a question. Have you dynoed your car or not? Let's play nice as you say. As far as my dyno goes, no you can't see it. I don't care how much power my car makes, either with or without the J&S, and I don't care if I'm on the list. Besides that, there is no dyno close to where I live. But if you must know, it makes 500 rwhp and 450 rwtq...that J&S just makes all the difference.

Did you dyno your car at 9 lbs. boost?
Old 12-19-2003, 03:54 PM
Juztin

I trust Max as I trust any other Z'er out there, and I will give them 2 days from today before skiddazle goes back to the leader . There are many FI competitors out there coming onto this thread and that's great! Gonna be interesting to see what happens once we get more ppl running 9psi on the ATI's and the TT's comen out. Either way this thread is for fun, and also a way to recognize people's investments, work, and achievements. Let's keep it that way

The 2 day hold will be a one time only thing for anyone else. I'm learning how to best conduct this thread people, so bear with me . From two days from now, the leader will only be de-throned if a dyno is first sent and proven. Just how it should of been, but all of us are human and still capable of too much excitement. I got too excited and hastily posted, but I trust Max's word, as I would any other member. He definately needs to be congradulated on his achievements, awsome work bro! But to keep this thread as smooth as possible, I will run this based on everyone's input, thanks all!

Last edited by Juztin; 12-19-2003 at 04:08 PM.
Old 12-19-2003, 04:11 PM
GaryK

Ok, you wanna go ahead and put me up top then? I'll tell you my setup later
Old 12-19-2003, 04:12 PM
SKiDaZZLe
Charter Member #34

i hope many supercharger guys run 9lbs soon. they shouldn't have to worry about detonation since the j&s will hopefully take the timing out if/when necessary...
the next problem is component failure (like rods, etc..)
if the vq35 looks to hold 9lbs reliably, i will crank up the boost also. (looking at around 440hp/410tq @ 9lbs tuned..)
c'mon guys... keep pushing the envelope!!!

m
Old 12-19-2003, 04:13 PM
Juztin

I'm lazy right now, I'll add you up there tomarrow Gary
Old 12-19-2003, 04:25 PM
12SecZ

Did you dyno your car at 9 lbs. boost?
Yes, that is how dyno numbers are made.

You seem to be a trouble maker of sorts but you are not bothering me at all. Yes, my Crawford was being grinded today, I called LD to TN to verify, yes my fuel system is complete, yes I am going to TS. No I won't buy the J&S. Is that all?

Put me at the bottom of the list at 242 I don't care just take note that my gain is 63% over intake and exhaust and I have all Dyno's all the way back to stock. They are just numbers to me. Dyno's can also be altered and fabricated track videos can't and I have asked for a cam corder for Christmas instead of still for next season!

How that can be spun into a bad thing is amazing to me.
Old 12-19-2003, 04:40 PM
GaryK

Ok Max, so you did dyno at 9 lbs boost.

Since you haven't had it tuned yet, I'm wondering what the a/f ratios were. You are monitoring that I would expect, right? What ratio is it running now as opposed to what it ran at before swapping pulleys? Your peak numbers are quite high for 9lbs on an automatic, but I'd also like to see what the torque curve looks like and where the power flattens out or the throttle was cut.

BTW, I don't know why you're trying to make this a J&S vs TS thing.

Quick Reply: Top 10 FI Z's