Notices
Forced Induction Turbochargers and Superchargers..Got Boost?

Top 10 FI Z's

Search this Thread

Old 12-30-2003, 05:30 PM
daking350
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally posted by 12SecZ
Tupac was from San Jose California not NYC right? hahahahaha!
Thats why we busted a few CAPS in his AZZ YO!!!
Old 01-02-2004, 04:02 AM
Juztin

Received 29 Likes on 23 Posts

Updated 1/2/04

Added 12SecZ to the list after seeing the proof, awsome numbers bro! Daking350 has now made the #4 spot, awsome numbers as well bro! Much thanks go out to skk100 & DrBonz for contributing!
Old 01-02-2004, 09:42 AM
carfever

is Whosdaddy's 13.1@105MPH with a Automatic or 6 speed cus those mubers seem pretty low?
Old 01-02-2004, 11:46 AM
whosdady

Originally posted by carfever
is Whosdaddy's 13.1@105MPH with a Automatic or 6 speed cus those mubers seem pretty low?
I have an automatic.

I am assuming you are refering to my trap speed as being low. I actually think a 13.1 @105 is pretty good, all things considered. You may not be aware of this but most autos with FI have issues shifting. They need a valve body upgrade. That will allow me to hit 109-110 MPH. Currently the car has lazy shifts and when I made that pass I did so with 4.5RPM shifting. At 4.5 RPM the car is only making 340 rwhp.

Hopefully this answers your question.
Old 01-02-2004, 11:52 AM
carfever

Originally posted by whosdady
I have an automatic.

I am assuming you are refering to my trap speed as being low. I actually think a 13.1 @105 is pretty good, all things considered. You may not be aware of this but most autos with FI have issues shifting. They need a valve body upgrade. That will allow me to hit 109-110 MPH. Currently the car has lazy shifts and when I made that pass I did so with 4.5RPM shifting. At 4.5 RPM the car is only making 340 rwhp.

Hopefully this answers your question.
WOW with that in mind GOOD JOB! do you have any idea what a 400whp 6 speed could pull 1/4 mile wise?
Old 01-02-2004, 01:37 PM
whosdady

Originally posted by carfever
WOW with that in mind GOOD JOB! do you have any idea what a 400whp 6 speed could pull 1/4 mile wise?
It really depends on the driver. I personally think an auto w/VB upgrade will run a faster time at the track than a 6MT all other factors the same. But given a good driver and 400 rwhp on street tires (daily driven tires)... I would guess low 12's.

PS: If you are looking for a fast Z, mine has recently been put in the for sale section of this forum.
Old 01-14-2004, 07:22 PM
daking350
Banned

Originally posted by whosdady
It really depends on the driver. I personally think an auto w/VB upgrade will run a faster time at the track than a 6MT all other factors the same. But given a good driver and 400 rwhp on street tires (daily driven tires)... I would guess low 12's.

PS: If you are looking for a fast Z, mine has recently been put in the for sale section of this forum.
Why you selling?
Old 01-15-2004, 01:40 AM
12SecZ

WD,

5 runs today at 11PSI added the other pulley. So much for the "9 lb kit ' because my exhaust can't be any more open!) If that is 11 psi on my car what is it on a stock exhaust?

Some I drove some Tadishi drove (just got back from LA for two days.) Great fun. Special shout out (props) to Victor Reyes Hospitality again (RB Motoring) met me at 9pm! Come on only in LA! I need to share this return line fuel set-up it's mor einvolved than stated but lots of inexpensive options. All simple to do.

No tranny sticking at all I even drove a couple times to show him my torque kill switch and driving skills (my car ; no one can drive it better.) It was hooked up to the Techtom. Dead stops and WOT FROM A ROLL down Supevada what fun ha-ha! Flipped a U slideways on Tadahi with TC off, on the main street that was fun lol.

7k rpm's was exactly 11 psi consistant every time, email me I will tell you a few things I got from there about our A5T's and shifting that will help you allot. I think I can help you. I am going back to 9 psi today after sleep it's almost 3am. which puts me between 11 and 12 A/F (safe) 11 psi puts me in the 12's at 5k rpm's! (Bad but fun.) "Your timing on your car is puurrrfect" Tadishi said! Music to my ears. Also got to meet Mr T (Mr. TWISTED) and see his car inperson, I have to say it's the nicest Z I have ever seen in person.

Last edited by 12SecZ; 01-15-2004 at 01:45 AM.
Old 01-15-2004, 02:46 AM
elektrik_juggernaut

damn.......11 pounds.......i guess its not a possibility anymore, its a reality........stepping back to 9 is smart.......thanks Max for pioneering this stuff once again
Old 01-15-2004, 03:33 AM
Mr Twisted

Finally got to Hook-up with 12 sec(Max) at the Z RX (Techno Square) . Guys this is a very sweet monster Z . Definately a go machine.

Thanks for the find words about the Twisted Z. I like it too.
Old 01-28-2004, 07:16 PM
daking350
Banned

Im sorry but I have to call BS on MAX...I still have yet to see a dyno from him..The one he posted looks like a 9year old drew it...Here is mine...
Attached Thumbnails Top 10 FI Z's-dyno.jpg  
Old 01-28-2004, 07:17 PM
daking350
Banned

And my TQ...
Attached Thumbnails Top 10 FI Z's-dyno3.jpg  
Old 01-28-2004, 07:22 PM
shimz350z

daking i swear you need to take that "beavis" dude off your avatar...can't take you seriously and i want to punch it=)
Old 01-29-2004, 01:53 AM
12SecZ

Daking aside from your personal attacks let's get back to reality and the topic of this thread (since you are persoanlly harrassing me with some type of personal vendetta in every other thread.)

I explained you can make 9 pounds at 7 pounds, but I wasn't sold the 7 pound kit I was sold an 8 pound kit, don't beleive me call your alledged "Sponsor" ATI and ask for Eric and ask about my pulley setup. I was sold one more tooth originally than everyone else and they do not know why.

With Borla Headers, Borla True Dual, RT Cats, Crawford Plenum, Grounding Kit, larger injectors and perfect A/F and timing where would you put my RWHP at 7 lbs? At 8 lbs? At 9 lbs?

Seriuosly, I am curiuos, I ran 11 PSI, where do you think my RWHP was at? 250? You are being ridicoulous in this crusade of yours, I am currently at 10 pounds and this weekend EJ is coming over to put me at 9 lbs. I have been making 10 PSI runs, you guess I am about where on my setup with 10PSI? 350RWHP?

It's a number, I didn't ask to be put to the top and I don't Dyno my car into the ground either. I don't have too. The Dyno Machine is a tool, you can see where you are at for a couple runs but it actually stresses your car so I have done some stock ones, 2 N20 ones, and 1 FI one. I do not intend to go do another one at 9 lbs just to have the biggest number or be on some top ten list, but I am curiuos why after 4 or 5 members here can verify my car was at 11 and then 10 PSI and have even driven it what *YOU* think my RWHP is at and why? Check my profile, I bracket race, I want about 12.2 no more no less, I am comfortable at 12.2 and ran it for a full season and one a trophee, I have pics of my entire setup since stock including my trophee and time slips in several different locations. All I need is a constitant properly running fast car, not a 450rwhp peice of paper. Dyno's don't stage with you in the other lane buddy, try bracket racing, maybe then you will understand why I don't care about your dyno harrasement, something tells me you will never understand though because I am getting the feeling you are one of those what I call "Internet Bulliies" who like to pick on people from afar. If you do not believe my dyno it's fine with me, you put a Farenheight A/F gauge instead of a Celcius one and it won't read high enough but worse than that you tore your dash apart to do it and placed it in the stock location! I have read through your posts and consider you to be an idiot when it comes to tuning and racing cars but that is just my opinion, take it or leave it.
Old 01-29-2004, 04:44 AM
Juztin

Received 29 Likes on 23 Posts

*Updated after 5,000 years
Old 01-29-2004, 07:57 AM
daking350
Banned

Originally posted by 12SecZ
Daking aside from your personal attacks let's get back to reality and the topic of this thread (since you are persoanlly harrassing me with some type of personal vendetta in every other thread.)

I explained you can make 9 pounds at 7 pounds, but I wasn't sold the 7 pound kit I was sold an 8 pound kit, don't beleive me call your alledged "Sponsor" ATI and ask for Eric and ask about my pulley setup. I was sold one more tooth originally than everyone else and they do not know why.

With Borla Headers, Borla True Dual, RT Cats, Crawford Plenum, Grounding Kit, larger injectors and perfect A/F and timing where would you put my RWHP at 7 lbs? At 8 lbs? At 9 lbs?

Seriuosly, I am curiuos, I ran 11 PSI, where do you think my RWHP was at? 250? You are being ridicoulous in this crusade of yours, I am currently at 10 pounds and this weekend EJ is coming over to put me at 9 lbs. I have been making 10 PSI runs, you guess I am about where on my setup with 10PSI? 350RWHP?

It's a number, I didn't ask to be put to the top and I don't Dyno my car into the ground either. I don't have too. The Dyno Machine is a tool, you can see where you are at for a couple runs but it actually stresses your car so I have done some stock ones, 2 N20 ones, and 1 FI one. I do not intend to go do another one at 9 lbs just to have the biggest number or be on some top ten list, but I am curiuos why after 4 or 5 members here can verify my car was at 11 and then 10 PSI and have even driven it what *YOU* think my RWHP is at and why? Check my profile, I bracket race, I want about 12.2 no more no less, I am comfortable at 12.2 and ran it for a full season and one a trophee, I have pics of my entire setup since stock including my trophee and time slips in several different locations. All I need is a constitant properly running fast car, not a 450rwhp peice of paper. Dyno's don't stage with you in the other lane buddy, try bracket racing, maybe then you will understand why I don't care about your dyno harrasement, something tells me you will never understand though because I am getting the feeling you are one of those what I call "Internet Bulliies" who like to pick on people from afar. If you do not believe my dyno it's fine with me, you put a Farenheight A/F gauge instead of a Celcius one and it won't read high enough but worse than that you tore your dash apart to do it and placed it in the stock location! I have read through your posts and consider you to be an idiot when it comes to tuning and racing cars but that is just my opinion, take it or leave it.
So in other words..You have no Dyno Graph to prove your story...Thats all you had to say...No need for the personal SLANDER and HARASSMENT..Back on topic..Justin,Great job on this Thread!!Must have been hard work compiling the list!!
Old 01-29-2004, 09:08 AM
elektrik_juggernaut

you can calculate horsepower from a time slip fairly easily
Old 01-29-2004, 10:23 AM
daking350
Banned

Originally posted by elektrik_juggernaut
you can calculate horsepower from a time slip fairly easily
True but its not an exact science.Too many variables..
Old 01-29-2004, 11:38 AM
elektrik_juggernaut

if anything though, it will be a low estimate, not a high one
Old 01-29-2004, 11:48 AM
daking350
Banned

Whatever dude...

Quick Reply: Top 10 FI Z's