Notices
Forced Induction Turbochargers and Superchargers..Got Boost?

Top 10 FI Z's

Search this Thread

Old 12-19-2003, 05:36 PM
elektrik_juggernaut

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally posted by GaryK
But if you must know, it makes 500 rwhp and 450 rwtq...that J&S just makes all the difference.
Thats right folks, you heard it here first!!!.......GaryK has gained 140RWHP from installing a J&S module........be the first kid on your block to get one of these babies.....wire in 140RWHP for yourself........and now, back to our regularly scheduled program
Old 12-19-2003, 05:41 PM
12SecZ

Your peak numbers are quite high for 9lbs on an automatic
Oh good grief Gary, please cite your source for this bombshell.

What other 2003 350Z A5T with a Procharger is running 9 lbs?

Old 12-19-2003, 05:53 PM
Mr Twisted

Max what ever happened to the block you blow up? Couldn't you rebuild it with forged internals? Just wondering. Was anyone built a forged bullet proof block yet. Something in the 600whp realm. How much boost will a forged block hold?
Old 12-19-2003, 06:07 PM
GaryK

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally posted by 12SecZ
Oh good grief Gary, please cite your source for this bombshell.

What other 2003 350Z A5T with a Procharger is running 9 lbs?

My source is me smart guy...it was an opinion, and a compliment. If you're really making that power, it would seem to be above what the average auto would get with the same boost in my opinion.

You always want to talk about how everybody else is "withholding information" and you are so great in your supposed endeavors to help the community. Well, now's the time to walk the walk. I don't have a dynosheet, I haven't dynoed my car in its current form, and won't be because I have no need to. I'm doing all my tuning myself now, and I don't do it on a dyno. You say you have a dynosheet at 9lbs, I'm interested in seeing it as are others I'm sure. I do have other interests besides proof of your numbers though. I want to see how the whole curve has changed.

You apparently want to compare your car at 9lbs boost to a car with a J&S on it, which you can pretty much expect to be running 7lbs boost. Nobody I know of with a J&S is running 9lbs, maybe you have someone in mind that has similar mods to you? Waiting for someone with a J&S is pointless, so why not go ahead and post the dynosheet? Don't you want to help the community? I'd love to see a procharger setup put those numbers down, and I'm truly anxious to see what the dynosheet looks like. But you seem to be hiding something...just put the dynosheet up.

"Please cite your source"
Old 12-19-2003, 06:08 PM
GaryK

Originally posted by elektrik_juggernaut
Thats right folks, you heard it here first!!!.......GaryK has gained 140RWHP from installing a J&S module........be the first kid on your block to get one of these babies.....wire in 140RWHP for yourself........and now, back to our regularly scheduled program
I trust that you detected the sarcasm?
Old 12-19-2003, 06:14 PM
jesseenglish

Max doesn't have a dynosheet because he hasn't dynoed it at 9lbs. Any numbers he's talking about are guesstimates therefore don't count towards the top 10 FI Z's.

Edit: this is me calling Max out like he seems to attempt to do to everyone else. Put up or shut up Max.
Old 12-19-2003, 06:29 PM
12SecZ

What a nice group of people. Why does every thread here eventually result to this?

Here is my suggestion Justin.

You started a great thread. The ones starting arguments and creating noise do o not race, have a dyno or lost it.

Clearly it is just noise.

I would delete everything but Dyno sheets or track slips PM's or emailed to you. Gary says he has a dyno, now he doesn't. He says he doesn't need one, yet I do.

Jesse claimes some % numbers for lbs of boost with a TS setup but refuses to cite his source for those numbers.

No one will say if they can duplicate my 2 lbs of boost in 2nd gear while not at WOT. These are good questions going ignored!

Delete all the crap, and keep this great thread intact and ignore all the crap, I am going to starting right now.

It's turned into a pissing bash Max thread again from the same two people that follow evry other thread I start or post in.

It's clear as a bell to me.

I know who my friends are and who I will share data with. What happened to someone taking up ZED nd I on our data logging offer? Ignored that's what. I refuse to be dragged into another pissing match on this forum just because some think they hav an advantage over me and therefore can provoke me with impunity while I must tow the line.

Anyway, just a suggestion to keep your thread from degenerating into a 5 page nonsens thread with 3 dyno sheets.
Old 12-19-2003, 06:48 PM
GaryK

Max, you have a habit of posting things that you know aren't true. You also tend to ignore logic and start bashing only to come back later and do a complete 180. This combined with the fact that you are so vocal means you will have people who use logic call you out.

As for some of your questions that are supposedly ignored, I have tried to get you to clarify what you are talking about so that I can try to help you, but you always go back to nonsensical rambling. I'm still willing to offer my input.

I have an old dyno sheet, but not for my car in its current configuration. Its not the "J&S dynosheet" that you want posted so badly. So its irrelevant. Nobody cares about it, especially considering that the numbers aren't topping the list.

The reasons we'd like to see your dynosheet are:
- your numbers are good
- the change in power thoughout the run is of interest
- you say you have it, but the magic 8 ball says "signs point to no"

What is there to argue about? Either you have it or you don't.
Old 12-19-2003, 07:32 PM
12SecZ

1. I do not like people who call me a liar
2. Jesse I haven't "bashed" anyone
3. What have I posted that isn't true (a habit at that?)
4. How can you know what people want to see. I am quite sure there are hundreds of people who would love to see a J&S Procharger Dyno yet you speak for all of them?
4. Jesse, Bonz is in the top 10 with a lost dyno and a Gtech?
5. If I am "rambling" please ignore me to lower the noise
6. look up PROJECTION in any psyche book.

I am out of this thread, it is 4 pages long with I think one dyno sheet and my setup was "bashed." Well, it works. You claim your current setup doesn't compare to the top 10 after J&S install. The lowest number is 330rhp. I hope for you this is incorrect.

Guess I will see you in the next thread I post in, unfortunetly.
Old 12-19-2003, 07:40 PM
GaryK

You claim your current setup doesn't compare to the top 10 after J&S install. The lowest number is 330rhp. I hope for you this is incorrect.
I don't feel like getting into your line item list right now. But this is completely wrong. I don't claim my setup doesn't compare to the top ten. I said my numbers aren't "topping the list"...broken down for you, that means the numbers aren't the highest on the list. If I dynoed right now, I'm sure it would be near the top of the supercharged cars, but I'm not claiming any numbers for the simple fact that I don't have them. See how that works?
Old 12-19-2003, 08:20 PM
elektrik_juggernaut

Default The Raw Data

I don't feel like getting into your line item list right now. But this is completely wrong. I don't claim my setup doesn't compare to the top ten. I said my numbers aren't "topping the list"...broken down for you, that means the numbers aren't the highest on the list. If I dynoed right now, I'm sure it would be near the top of the supercharged cars, but I'm not claiming any numbers for the simple fact that I don't have them. See how that works?
This is where confusion comes from.......technical talk without the data that should go along with it

The TS reflash got slammed in another thread due to a theory that the MAF was being maxxed out.......these numbers were going to be investigated, but so far, have not turned up

Nobody that's slamming Max has any dynos or time sheets to speak of, yet his torque numbers are being criticized as too high?......in comparison to what?

theoretical numbers about "boost vs. RPMs" are being posted in another thread, and yet the data used to derive these numbers is still a mystery

maybe to some people it makes sense for someone to say that they don't know their horsepower, and don't need to, but they know they're near the top........but this isn't making much sense to me

as for me, i prefer to look at the data......and i prefer to see it verified by more than just one source, but that's just me, i guess

On that note, here's some more data:
Attached Thumbnails Top 10 FI Z's-dyno2.jpg  
Old 12-19-2003, 08:52 PM
GaryK

1. I do not like people who call me a liar
2. Jesse I haven't "bashed" anyone
3. What have I posted that isn't true (a habit at that?)
4. How can you know what people want to see. I am quite sure there are hundreds of people who would love to see a J&S Procharger Dyno yet you speak for all of them?
4. Jesse, Bonz is in the top 10 with a lost dyno and a Gtech?
5. If I am "rambling" please ignore me to lower the noise
6. look up PROJECTION in any psyche book.

1 & 3
Nowhere did I call you a liar. I should have said "things that aren't true" rather than "things that you know aren't true", my bad. You take one small piece of information and make all kinds of assumptions then spread it around. Recent examples...claiming that Bonz had a TS ecu flash, claiming that the fmu is the cause of all the problems with ATI cars, claiming that using the J&S Safeguard somehow proves there is a problem with the fmu in the kit, etc, etc.

You've bashed just about every one who had something to do with your forced induction installation at some point...before you even understood what was going on. That's a prime example.

I don't claim to know what people want to see. I agree with you that people would want to see a dyno plot for a Procharged z with a J&S installed and tuned correctly. Just because I have a J&S Safeguard on my car does not mean anybody cares to see my dyno plot from way back before the J&S was installed and before it was in its current state of tune. Like I said, I'm not claiming any numbers because I don't know what they are. If everybody thinks they want to see a dyno plot that isn't even representative of what my car does...fine, I can dig it up and post it but it means nothing.

4 (the second one)
I don't know, and I don't care. I agree with others though, this list should contain verified numbers with a dynosheet.

Not going to bother

What? Feel free to explain this.
Old 12-19-2003, 09:02 PM
Anyone2u
Charter Member #82

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

From Vics350's thread: CT Dyno Day Results. These results were recorded/verified by Victor.

350Zzzz (6MT 350Z)
Mods: ATI Procharger, Borla True Dual Exhaust, 1 Degree Colder Spark Plugs
HP: 364.9
Torque: 312.01
First pull read 352HP, 311 ft-lb Torque

SirMike1 (6MT 350Z)
HP: 383.9
I believe max. reading was 386.8HP, 328 ft-lb Torque

Zul8rnj (6MT 350Z)
Mods: ATI Procharger, Stillen Dual Exhaust, 1 Degree Colder Spark Plugs, Random Tech High Flow Cats
HP: 371.9
Torque: 314.7

Last edited by Anyone2u; 12-19-2003 at 09:09 PM.
Old 12-19-2003, 09:05 PM
GaryK

Default Re: The Raw Data

Originally posted by elektrik_juggernaut
[B]
Nobody that's slamming Max has any dynos or time sheets to speak of, yet his torque numbers are being criticized as too high?......in comparison to what?

maybe to some people it makes sense for someone to say that they don't know their horsepower, and don't need to, but they know they're near the top........but this isn't making much sense to me

EJ, I know you can do better than this. Where do I claim any numbers? Once again, I am not claiming any numbers whatsover, and I also do not care to be on the list. Like I said, I can post a dyno sheet but I'm not concerned with my name being on the list, and I will not have an up to date dyno plot any time soon because I personally don't care what my car puts out. Based on further testing and tuning since I had mine on a dyno, I know its putting out at least some amount more than it was when it was on that dyno run. But I do not know how much.

Max's numbers are not being criticized! I said they sounded high. High = good! The only reason I doubt Max's numbers is because he just recently put the 9lb pulleys on, and he said himself that he hasn't had it tuned yet. He claims he has a dynosheet, but I can't see why he'd have it on the dyno running WOT at 9lbs boost to see what it does before he has it tuned. Hey, if you did do that Max, more power to ya...you must be itchin' to put another engine in that car.
Old 12-19-2003, 09:44 PM
LSs1Power

Originally posted by noahbuddy
ok
371 rwhp
294 trq
8 psi

detonation over 6000 rpm (but that's another thread )

This dyno sheet is weird. Any dyno sheet should have the HP and TQ crossing at 5250 or somewhere around that number. Ur HP and TQ are crossing at 6200 rpm which is very strange. Other than that impressive numbers from the TT 350 Z
Old 12-19-2003, 09:51 PM
GaryK

Originally posted by LSs1Power
This dyno sheet is weird. Any dyno sheet should have the HP and TQ crossing at 5250 or somewhere around that number. Ur HP and TQ are crossing at 6200 rpm which is very strange. Other than that impressive numbers from the TT 350 Z
The torque and hp scales aren't the same, and they have to be in order for them to cross at that point. Without doing the math to know for sure, it looks like the graph is ok if you eyeball where the lines would cross if the scales were the same.
Old 12-19-2003, 09:57 PM
LSs1Power

The torque and hp scales aren't the same, and they have to be in order for them to cross at that point. Without doing the math to know for sure, it looks like the graph is ok if you eyeball where the lines would cross if the scales were the same.
What do u mean they are not the same. The dyno run is number 24 and both HP and TQ are saying SAE!
I have aloooooot of dyno sheets and i never saw anything corss at 6200rpm.
Check these dyno graphs to know what i mean:
http://www.msnusers.com/CarsRelatedG...hoto&PhotoID=1

http://www.msnusers.com/CarsRelatedG...oto&PhotoID=10

http://www.msnusers.com/CarsRelatedG...hoto&PhotoID=9

So what do u mean they are not the same?
Old 12-19-2003, 10:48 PM
SirMikel1

Originally posted by Mr Twisted
Max what ever happened to the block you blow up? Couldn't you rebuild it with forged internals? Just wondering. Was anyone built a forged bullet proof block yet. Something in the 600whp realm. How much boost will a forged block hold?

pssst.. just a little secret, but ATX Motorsports will have 3 Z's in that realm of rwhp you're talking about, hopefully more actually. As of now, my engine's apart and being rebuilt with forged internals and other goodies 1 Z will be supercharged, 1 single turbo, and 1 twin turbo. We'll give out more details and pics as the projects are underway. Stay tuned!
Old 12-19-2003, 10:52 PM
D'oh

Originally posted by LSs1Power
What do u mean they are not the same. The dyno run is number 24 and both HP and TQ are saying SAE!
I have aloooooot of dyno sheets and i never saw anything corss at 6200rpm.
Check these dyno graphs to know what i mean:
http://www.msnusers.com/CarsRelatedG...hoto&PhotoID=1

http://www.msnusers.com/CarsRelatedG...oto&PhotoID=10

http://www.msnusers.com/CarsRelatedG...hoto&PhotoID=9

So what do u mean they are not the same?
On the dyno above (the one you questioned) the HP scale on the left tops out @ 400, while the Torque scale on the right tops out @ 325. Therefore the scales are not the same and the graphs won't cross @ 5250.

However, if you eyeball the graphs @ 5250, you see that both the HP and torque have about the same value - about 275 (as long as you look at the correct scale). Therefore nothing is strange about the chart (other than the confusion of the different scales).

-D'oh!

Last edited by D'oh; 12-19-2003 at 10:55 PM.
Old 12-19-2003, 11:19 PM
350Zzzz
Professional

Default Correction

Originally posted by Anyone2u
From Vics350's thread: CT Dyno Day Results. These results were recorded/verified by Victor.

350Zzzz (6MT 350Z)
HP: 364.9
First pull read 352HP, 311 ft-lb Torque

SirMike1 (6MT 350Z)
HP: 383.9
I believe max. reading was 386.8HP, 328 ft-lb Torque

Zul8rnj (6MT 350Z)
Mods: ATI Procharger, Stillen Dual Exhaust, 1 Degree Colder Spark Plugs, Random Tech High Flow Cats
HP: 371.9
Torque: 314.7
Due to multi cylinder misfire at the time of the dyno, it was later discovered that the spark plugs were actually one heat range hotter than stock. The shop mistakenly installed the wrong spark plugs.

Thank goodness I did not blow the block on account of the mistake.

Phew

G

Quick Reply: Top 10 FI Z's