Notices
Forced Induction Turbochargers and Superchargers..Got Boost?

Top 10 FI Z's

Search this Thread

Old 12-20-2003, 02:30 AM
LSs1Power

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I stand corrected about the dyno chart after doing some reaserch....The best example was dyno sheets for S2k because their HP and TQ numbers are way apart......... Here is what i found http://forums.s2ki.com/imagecatalog/imageview/46033/6/
.....Sorry noahbuddy for questioning ur dyno sheet
Old 12-20-2003, 08:07 AM
Dr Bonz
Charter Member #19

Received 8 Likes on 3 Posts

4. Jesse, Bonz is in the top 10 with a lost dyno and a Gtech?
Oh for the love of God, please take me off "the list"!!!

Far be it from me to drop another "bombshell" on Max!

I didn't post those numbers in hopes of getting on any list. I'm sure there are far more than 10 cars with more power than mine. I realize the G-tech numbers are rough 1/4 estimates but from what I have read they are fairly accurate.

Please forgive my blatent attempt to defraud the Z community (just like I have always done this last one and a half years). Geeze, the next thing you know, Max will be calling me out for getting the TS ECU reflash or something!
Old 12-20-2003, 09:24 AM
350Zzzz
Professional

Justin,

Could you also include the type of dyno used to obtain those numbers?

I was just visualizing, imagine if all of us high achievers, of a super competitive nature with “must-win or else” humongous egos streaks; with "out-of-wack" neurotic needs existing in the same city; what a riot it'll be the ultimate chaos

Guys, guys, it is only a car, some mods. and numbers.......be happy

Originally posted by SirMikel1
pssst.. just a little secret, but ATX Motorsports will have 3 Z's in that realm of rwhp you're talking about, hopefully more actually. As of now, my engine's apart and being rebuilt with forged internals and other goodies 1 Z will be supercharged, 1 single turbo, and 1 twin turbo. We'll give out more details and pics as the projects are underway. Stay tuned!
O Holy-Mother-of-God, we’re now really in trouble……and we’ve only got a river in between. That’s wild Mike, so do you expect to be ready for 2004?

Now I get it, that’s why I have not heard from you guys on my NISMO body, you fellers don’t want anyone snooping a round the big secret….huh

Maybe, I should build up on my bottom end and raise my boost levels

G
Old 12-20-2003, 10:49 AM
jesseenglish

Originally posted by 12SecZ
Jesse claimes some % numbers for lbs of boost with a TS setup but refuses to cite his source for those numbers.

No one will say if they can duplicate my 2 lbs of boost in 2nd gear while not at WOT. These are good questions going ignored!
My numbers were wrong, ignore this post.

Last edited by jesseenglish; 12-20-2003 at 04:15 PM.
Old 12-20-2003, 10:53 AM
jesseenglish

Default Re: The Raw Data

Post deleted, my bad.

Last edited by jesseenglish; 12-20-2003 at 04:16 PM.
Old 12-20-2003, 12:46 PM
elektrik_juggernaut

Default Re: Re: The Raw Data

Originally posted by jesseenglish
The numbers are proven by a simple mathematical equation

(Max boost / RPM) * Actual RPM = Boost SC is creating
Your formula is wrong, which is what i was getting at the whole time.......it ignores atmospheric pressure, which the centrifugal supercharger needs to overcome before it starts producing boost.......and that atmospheric pressure will vary with elevation, depending upon what elevation you are at in the atmosphere's air column.......on top of that, the increase in boost pressure is more exponential, than linear as you would suggest.........but don't take my word for it.........do some research.......and please quit making stuff up
Old 12-20-2003, 01:29 PM
zand02max
350Z-holic

Rodney King once said:

"Can't we all just get along"

Old 12-20-2003, 01:57 PM
rouxeny

After reading the first two pages, I was going to sticky this thread. However, now that I've read the last two pages, I've decided that it isn't worth it.

This started as an interesting thread idea, one I'm personally glad to see. It has, as happens to many good threads, gone completely and totally to ****.

Good job.
Old 12-20-2003, 04:12 PM
jesseenglish

Default Re: Re: Re: The Raw Data

Originally posted by elektrik_juggernaut
Your formula is wrong, which is what i was getting at the whole time.......it ignores atmospheric pressure, which the centrifugal supercharger needs to overcome before it starts producing boost.......and that atmospheric pressure will vary with elevation, depending upon what elevation you are at in the atmosphere's air column.......on top of that, the increase in boost pressure is more exponential, than linear as you would suggest.........but don't take my word for it.........do some research.......and please quit making stuff up
You're right, sorry about that.

About atmospheric pressure, there was a caveat in my post that said assuming that your SC produced a true 9PSI at 6500 RPM, doesn't matter though because it was wrong anyways.

Good catch EJ.

I'll have to come up with some right "theoretical" numbers now.

Last edited by jesseenglish; 12-20-2003 at 04:17 PM.
Old 12-20-2003, 06:30 PM
Juztin

Received 29 Likes on 23 Posts

Updated! 9:18 PM 12/20/03

Congrats to Ravaz who's now on the list! Awsome numbers bro! Much thanks out to Zimbo for contributing!!

Michael has gone back to the top of the list! Congrats on that blue beast bro! Can't way to see the potential for your kit in the future! I will happilly add Max to the list when and if he desires to post his dyno sheet. I'm sure if he posts it or not he wouldn't care in the first place because HE's the one with the ATI monster. That's all that matters... Enjoy that wicked azz ride bro! I'll have to come down to Cali and run w/ ya sometime so you can smoke my Le Mans lol. Point is, this thread is dedicated to anyone willing to contribute, there are going to be a few Z's out there that our going to be leaps and bounds more powerful than what will be on this list. But that's the beauty of it, we will never quite know the potential for our cars, but hell, atleast we can get a good idea of whats out there on the roads right now ready to hand out a$$e$ lol .

Thanks 350Zzzz for the great recommendation! I will be updating as info & time allows to fit that very important idea.

--justin

Last edited by Juztin; 12-20-2003 at 06:57 PM.
Old 12-20-2003, 08:04 PM
LSs1Power

Originally posted by rouxeny
After reading the first two pages, I was going to sticky this thread. However, now that I've read the last two pages, I've decided that it isn't worth it.

This started as an interesting thread idea, one I'm personally glad to see. It has, as happens to many good threads, gone completely and totally to ****.

Good job.
I have a suggestion for u. To make such a list work u have to do two things. First make a new thread and post the dyno numbers with the graphs if avaliable. Second, close the thread so no one can post on it and leave the access to the moderators only so they can add new numbers or edit existing numbers. U can do the same for 1/4mile runs too. Dont leave it open to the public to ruin it. If u do it this way its going to be a good refrence for people just to view and if they wanna talk about a certain dyno sheet they can make a thread about it and ask their questions there. Thats just my opinion.
Old 12-20-2003, 09:07 PM
RIVET

Default ATI dyno sheet anomaly?

I've been noticing a weird anamoly on every ATI dyno sheet that I've looked at in my searches. It seems the ATI cars have a weird 10-20 hp spike at redline, almost like a false reading when bouncing off the rev limiter, anybody else notice this? Should this really be counted in final HP numbers when it seems to only occur for a split second at redline?

Last edited by RIVET; 12-20-2003 at 09:09 PM.
Old 12-21-2003, 08:16 AM
Juztin

Rouxeny, I have an opinion as well. Just don't bother reading the posts that don't have a dyno image, or any post past the very first one. If you want proof of a dyno result, PM me, I'm saving all the dyno's I see onto my system so I'll be more than happy to PM you back with the official dyno. This is a public thread, therefor the public feedback is most valued regardless.

That's an interesting piece of info Rivet, could it be because of the a/f getting leaner up top in conjunction with the ECU's standard timing advance?
Old 12-21-2003, 08:23 AM
LSs1Power

Originally posted by Juztin
If you want proof of a dyno result, PM me, I'm saving all the dyno's I see onto my system so I'll be more than happy to PM you back with the official dyno. This is a public thread, therefor the public feedback is most valued regardless.
My susggestion wasn't for me. I dont need a proof since i know what the 350 Z engine is capable of. I'm not questioning anyone i was really making a suggestion that could make it easier for people to find information about Boosted 350 Z. I mean it would be a great idea if one of the moderators did it. The public can always make a thread asking about a certain dyno sheet.
Old 12-21-2003, 08:32 AM
Juztin

Updated! 3/21/03 morningish

Anyone2u is now on the list! Congrats bro! EJ, thanks a ton for contributing man!

LS, thanks for the suggestions b.t.w., I had the name's mixed up there lol. I didn't mean that thread to come off as an attack or anything either, just being upfront about it and of course trying to lookout for the well being of this thread

peace bro,
--justin
Old 12-21-2003, 12:34 PM
GaryK

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Have any of you guys with Dynopack numbers been on a Dynojet? I'm just curious how your numbers compared, because they are normally a bit higher on a Dynopack as compared to the Dynojet....
Old 12-21-2003, 02:01 PM
elektrik_juggernaut

Originally posted by Juztin
EJ, thanks a ton for contributing man!
No problem bro.....i'm sure i'll be back up there once i cure my detonation problems with a Technosquare reflash.......my current dyno only goes up to 6488 rpms due to that little detonation thing
Old 12-21-2003, 03:17 PM
350Zzzz
Professional

Originally posted by GaryK
Have any of you guys with Dynopack numbers been on a Dynojet? I'm just curious how your numbers compared, because they are normally a bit higher on a Dynopack as compared to the Dynojet....
Where did you get that bit of info from, GaryK This is the first time I've heard of that If you ask me the Dynopack is more accurate that a Dynojet.

G
Old 12-21-2003, 03:19 PM
LSs1Power

Originally posted by 350Zzzz
Where did you get that bit of info from, GaryK This is the first time I've heard of that If you ask me the Dynopack is more accurate that a Dynojet.

G
What gary said is true. Dynopacks usually dyno 9-11% higher than a dynojet. A Stock Z06 will dyno 383rwhp on a dynopack while it did put down 350rwhp on a dynojet.
Old 12-21-2003, 03:44 PM
GaryK

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally posted by 350Zzzz

G
Easy G...I'm not doing anything but asking a question. If you do compare numbers between the two for the same car, they are always higher on the Dynopack from what I've seen. I don't want to get into an argument about what dyno is better, although I would say a Dynopack may be more repeatable...not necessarily more accurate. The Dynopack uses a hub attachment, so the mass of the wheels/tires and the rolling friction don't come into play, nor do you have to worry about tire slip on a roller. If you consider those facts, then you would really have to expect the Dynopack to dyno a little higher.

Anyway, I was just curious if anybody here had been on both with the same car/setup...

Quick Reply: Top 10 FI Z's