Notices
Forced Induction Turbochargers and Superchargers..Got Boost?

Have you ever experienced or witnessed this at a shop?

Search this Thread

Old 12-24-2011, 04:32 PM
graffkid732

Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts

Only one thing you can do is not go there. It happens, it does suck, but it happens. It's a part of life.
Old 12-25-2011, 02:33 AM
davidv

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

Same things happens here. Its called ignore.
Old 12-25-2011, 09:39 AM
meatbag

Received 27 Likes on 17 Posts

Originally Posted by IslandZavage
Have you ever experienced or witnessed this at a shop?

I was at a shop and the phone rang and i witnessed the shop employee look at the phones caller ID and discussed who it was calling with another employee/boss and they purposely let the phone goto voice mail. The phone rang again and they did the same and clearly avoided the customer. Thats not the 1st time/day ive witnesses something like that happening at this or other shops, but it really annoyed the S%*T out of me.

If someone has their car at a shop and paid for a service, i think the shop should answer the phone. It makes me wonder if the times ive called and didnt get an answer that they were doing the same to me . And i dont buy the excuse of "they might be busy" because if they were so busy they wouldn't of looked at the phone and tell others who it was.

It just sucks to see that happen.

-End Rant-

Have you ever looked at your cellphone and ignored a call?
Old 12-26-2011, 12:40 AM
Resmarted

Received 64 Likes on 49 Posts

Happens all the time. Is it frustrating? yes. I'm sure I've had it done to me. But it happens in all types of service. Not just high performance shops. Happens in personal lives too. If a shop is really blowing you off, and you can't go in and talk to them in person don't hesitate to take legal action. It's your money, you worked to get it, they should have to do the same.
Old 12-26-2011, 10:07 AM
binder

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by JCITY
Its really none of your business.
I run my own business,there are times when we do not want to talk to a supplier.
Also,individuals are always calling for employment.How do you know that it was'nt a irate ex-wife/girl friend or a bill collector for one of the employees.
How do you/would you know it was a CUSTOMER?

Bottom line,butt out.Be concerned about your OWN service at that shop.

On incoming phone calls in general,IMO...the phone does not control me.
I control the phone.There are many people that think you should pickup on EVERY call no matter what you are doing.I disagree.
this. It could have been someone that was bothering them but not a customer. Just asking for "advice". When i worked at honda that happened all the time. I would get the same kids calling me and they would ask me "hey, my bike is doing this...blahblahblah can you tell me what it is so i can fix it without bringing it in". They would call over and over again and never actually purchased anything from the shop. They just wanted free mechanic advice.
Old 12-27-2011, 08:43 AM
Highway Riding

Received 95 Likes on 80 Posts

I deal with this all the time and i tell my guys to answer on the first ring if they can... If you don't want to answer phones (as help desk) then your time with us will be short regardless of who and what the issue or customer maybe. If it is a guy repeatedly calling then we try to nip it in the bud as quick as possible. The first rule in a public business is the customer is always right.. Now we will not tolerate rude or un-cooperative customers and those cases we will fully refind the customer if they are not satisfied. So in short unless you are working with a skeleton crew there is no reason not to speak to a customer regardless of the situation. Good business is good business and not answering phones is just bad business regardless. I will not recommend guys for promo's etc if i see they purposely do not answer customer calls because this shows they do not know how to deal and shouldn't be in a position to answer said calls anyways.. Guys in this economy there is zero room for the BS that used to go on in this forum and the shops affiliated with Z's and G's! No need to tolerate anything but A+ behavior!
Old 12-27-2011, 10:10 AM
Vivid Racing
Sponsor
Vivid Racing

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by bmccann101

what they did is no worse than you making this thread about it.
DId you expect the same customer service you get at your bank...or froma drive thru where ppl HAVE to smile and serve you?

if you want to complain about that.. just know that people who usually never spend money at their shop will be the ones to complain the loudest over the parts they lowballed the vendors on the most, and will subsequently make the least money from.. and yes, that makes a difference.

ppl want it, they want it the cheapest, and they want it NOW, and if theres a problem, they want a full refund including shipping.. and if not, they write threads, call chargebacks to the credit card companies and trash the shops online.

thats what ppl do these days, and young import car guys are the WORST at this.
were you really curious if we have ever actually seen this?
Try being a real estate agent or in mortgage.. you dont think calls get screened?

Pretty much sums it up. Vivid is the 4th aftermarket/mods shop I've worked at and my experiences span a wide spectrum of the aftermarket automotive industry. Every single time I've seen a customer ignored, it's because they're a crappy customer. If you call somewhere and aggravate every single employee... then it's kind of understandable when they don't want to deal with you. It's also understandable if you choose not to do business with them any more.

That said, we don't ignore our customers here. There's a total of 6 ways to contact us. If you're close enough to come down and see us, then that's 7 ways. Phone, email, AOL IM, Live Chat, Support Tickets, Forum PM, and in person. We like to be easy to reach

Last edited by Vivid Racing; 12-27-2011 at 10:11 AM.
Old 12-27-2011, 10:33 AM
Sylvan Lake V35

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

On the other side, I have been at shops talking business and they say hold on a sec and take other peoples calls it pisses me right off. I took the time out of my day to come down and talk to you face to face yet get blown off to answer a phone call let it go to voice mail and call back when we are done .

On the other hand if I tried calling a shop and they don't get back to me I move on to the next shop. If they don't awnser or call back it is a sign of what's to come.
Old 12-27-2011, 10:44 AM
nathanwl2004

Honestly i had my turbos done at CIN motorsports and never once have i ever called and not got an answer. I've spent a pretty good amount of time there and i've never seen this there. Just sayin.
Old 12-27-2011, 12:20 PM
f150intally

is this thread for real??? This happens in every business and I'm glad it does. If I drove 5 hours and have limited time to discuss build issues with my shop in person, with all due respect, please defer answering the phone until we are done discussing an issue. Especially if we are in the middle of a discussion.
Old 12-27-2011, 03:13 PM
Vince@R/TTuning
Vendor - Former Vendor

First off....I don't understand why this is in the F/I section....so right there it losses some credibility... But being a shop owner I will step in and give ya an answer...

We try and answer every phone call we get, if not...why be in business. However, sometimes I am with a customer and I am trying to explain something and the phone rings. At that point I decide if it is better to answer the phone and take a quick message or let it go to voicemail and finish the conversation with the customer in front of me as it may be somewhat technical and shouldn't be interrupted.

Just today I was talking with a customer and the phone rang....I looked down and then continued with the customer at the desk. he asked "if I would like to get it" and I said "nah, its this ridiculously persistent bank trying to get me to refi my mortgage cause i filled out some paper work online and now i get 5 calls a day"....point is...who knows why they didn't answer the phone...so who cares.

On another note...how about customers that don't leave messages. We return just about every message we get that we can actually understand the phone number that is left... Nothing is more annoying then a guy that calls 3 times in a row and doesn't leave a message. We have 3 service writers and several times a day I can say we each have someone standing in front of us and we are unable to pick up the phone....leave a message and we will call ya back when things slow down and you will definitly get better service at that time....

/thread

Last edited by Vince@R/TTuning; 12-27-2011 at 03:18 PM.
Old 12-28-2011, 05:10 AM
IslandZavage

Everyone is talking about an annoying customer, a customer just calling to ask questions, 1000 hp build hopes with $100 budget dream customers, etc... I understand that and I agree. Im not trying to argue that. Not all customers fall into this category.

Not trying to argue, it just reminded me of when it was done to me. I was deployed and the shop was taking orders on parts and giving other customers parts that were in the shop to the new customer while taking the money. A big reason they never answered the phones when you called in and checked on your car.. (my experience with not answering the phone)

The guy the shop i went too i know personally. They knew it was him calling. They didnt know me as i dont take my car to this shop. So they were talking infront of me and i just happen to hear their convo. His car has been there forever for a build, and everytime he checks its always something else or another car that came in that had an emergency, etc, etc... It just reminded me of my experience thats all. And like i told him if he keeps his car there then its on him. He has witnessed my experience and what i went through.

I posted in FI cause i relate more to this section than any other. If it was wrong then i apologize for my post in this section ruining your day (not sure how it losses credibility because were its posted.. wrong is wrong just like the sticky about RA/Scott posted in the FI section). Not sure why everyone automatically assumes im talking about a customer that calls just too call and be annoying. IM NOT...

Heres some of my experience.. It started with our calls going unanswered. I saw it happen to a friend and it reminded me of my experience.
http://www.twinturbo.net/nissan/300z...SP-Racing.html

And others:http://forums.bimmerforums.com/forum...?t-105241.html

Last edited by IslandZavage; 12-28-2011 at 05:32 AM.
Old 12-28-2011, 10:12 AM
binder

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

ya, each one has it's own situation so this one might actually be a valid complaint but for the most part there are tons of people in this world that call and call and call for no reason.

I leave a voice mail and give them a day to call back. If i don't hear back in a day then i'll call again. I understand the persistance with some people that leave their cars with a shop but at the same time they need to understand that they aren't the only customer and every time they take time out to talk on the phone that is time they "could" have been working on their car.
Old 12-30-2011, 01:02 PM
zerosec

well if the guy calls like 10 to 15 time a day and asking the same questions again and again it becomes quite annoying, but im not surprised , this happens all the time...