Notices
Forced Induction Turbochargers and Superchargers..Got Boost?

Engine parts needed to support boost.

Search this Thread

Old 01-15-2012, 04:48 PM
binder

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by jerryd87
just a fyi on more upgrade options for sashas kit, in addition to the big turbo he is working on turbonetics just released a f1-65 1.52 a/r divided turbine housing. i was told by precision 1.32 flowed about the same as the .96 open so a bit more flow there and minimal if any spool delay if using a qsv, they make it for the 68mm turbine wheels too, SOL on the new 66 though 1.32 is the best you can get.(the turbonetics housing fit on the precision turbos)
Reid tested the precision turbos on his supra without changing anything but a/f's. Sasha should have the thread somewhere. I think it's on supra forums. The new 6266 out performed the old 6765. It spooled faster and put down more power and torque. It almost broke 700hp. It was about 30hp more than what the 6765 put down for the same boost level. Those new 66 turbine wheel precisions are amazing.
Old 01-15-2012, 06:23 PM
STL 350Z

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Well.. I guess I wont be looking into the Momentum ST Kit as an option.

https://my350z.com/forum/2003-2009-n...ce-closes.html

Old 01-15-2012, 07:18 PM
Sylvan Lake V35

If I did it again I would get the Boosted Performance kit. You already solved this but OEM bore is 95.5mm 0.020 over is 96mm.

Good luck, let us know how it goes.
Old 01-17-2012, 05:22 PM
STL 350Z

Something I was wondering about today. Will I need a return fuel line?
Old 01-17-2012, 05:26 PM
Ruthless18x

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by STL 350Z
Something I was wondering about today. Will I need a return fuel line?
I wouldn't boost without it. CJM has great options.
Old 01-17-2012, 07:11 PM
STL 350Z

Thanks Ruthless... educate me. What happens if you don't run a return?

Would this be sufficient?
http://shop.cj-motorsports.com/CJM-S...m-DEstage0.htm

Last edited by STL 350Z; 01-17-2012 at 07:21 PM.
Old 01-17-2012, 07:34 PM
Ruthless18x

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Thanks Ruthless... educate me. What happens if you don't run a return?

Would this be sufficient?
http://shop.cj-motorsports.com/CJM-S...m-DEstage0.htm
The stock fuel system just uses a regulator that can't be adjusted, can't increase / decrease fuel pressure based on boost, and can't "regulate" an aftermarket pump. Therefore as boost increases you can hit lean spots. I think it's a must have with any amount of boost.

A return system adds an adjustable regulator and a return line that can do all these things. The more you can eliminate lean conditions and detonation the better off you are.

Yes the Stage 0 is great and can be upgraded with your needs.

Last edited by Ruthless18x; 01-17-2012 at 07:36 PM.
Old 01-18-2012, 06:54 AM
STL 350Z

Thanks! Makes sense now...
Old 08-24-2012, 11:24 AM
buffhulk

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

old thread dont know if youre are still building it or its done but there was a guy that did a turbonetics kit with the fuel return line and still blew his engine after 3k mikes :/
Old 08-24-2012, 12:13 PM
binder

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by buffhulk
old thread dont know if youre are still building it or its done but there was a guy that did a turbonetics kit with the fuel return line and still blew his engine after 3k mikes :/
doesn't mean the fuel return kit was the issue. Probably shitty tune that caused the problem. It's almost never a problem with the physical parts.
Old 08-24-2012, 01:42 PM
superchargedg
Damn Noobs

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by buffhulk
Alberto he had the crappy tn reflash i do believe.He was going to a meet and we couldnt figure out what happened till the next day.
Old 08-24-2012, 01:45 PM
buffhulk

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by superchargedg
Alberto he had the crappy tn reflash i do believe.He was going to a meet and we couldnt figure out what happened till the next day.
so what is the crappy reflash that blew his motor then.....dang that shiet cray!!
Old 08-25-2012, 08:48 AM
STL 350Z

The build is on hold for now thanks to our wonderful economy... I was laid off from my job at the hospital just as I'd started saving for parts. Sucks, but gives me more time to do my research.
Old 08-29-2012, 05:14 AM
Nismo350z#0310

Received 562 Likes on 441 Posts

I want the piece of mind that forged internals provide as it opens doors to many upgrades down the road and more boost too. Plus I don't care to spend the money doing it and it should be fun for a summer project.
I don't think you understand. 400-425whp is nothing on a stock block / stock internals. It does absolutely O harm. Buying forged internals to only do that much horsepower would be like putting money in a paper bag and throwing it off a cliff. You know what, just give me the money. I could use it. PM if this is a possibility.

Listen, there are plenty of other things that will screw your numbers up once you start hiting the 425 whp mark. One of the biggest things is the fuel system. If you want a build that has a reliability and no harm to the engine you need to look into a full return fuel system and an oil cooler. GTM sells both that are quality products. THESE TWO are your most important items to go with a FI system.

And p.s. remember to PM me about giving me the money.

Last edited by Nismo350z#0310; 08-29-2012 at 05:22 AM.
Old 08-29-2012, 06:06 AM
RudeG_v2.0
でたらめ検出器

Originally Posted by Nismo350z#0310
I don't think you understand. 400-425whp is nothing on a stock block / stock internals. It does absolutely O harm. Buying forged internals to only do that much horsepower would be like putting money in a paper bag and throwing it off a cliff. You know what, just give me the money. I could use it. PM if this is a possibility.

Listen, there are plenty of other things that will screw your numbers up once you start hiting the 425 whp mark. One of the biggest things is the fuel system. If you want a build that has a reliability and no harm to the engine you need to look into a full return fuel system and an oil cooler. GTM sells both that are quality products. THESE TWO are your most important items to go with a FI system.

And p.s. remember to PM me about giving me the money.

I don't think you understand. There is so much wrong with your NOOBish post...

I see more wasteful and frivolous spending in your suggestions than in the OP's desire for a built bottom end. If you're going to shell out $$$ to GTM for basic parts that can be bought anywhere else for cheaper, you're the one who should be PM'ing the OP to give him your money.

Last edited by RudeG_v2.0; 08-29-2012 at 06:31 AM.
        Old 08-29-2012, 06:39 AM
        Nismo350z#0310

Originally Posted by RudeG_v2.0

I don't think you understand. There is so much wrong with your NOOBish post...

I see more wasteful and frivolous spending in your suggestions than in the OP's desire for a built bottom end. If you're going to shell out $$$ to GTM for basic parts that can be bought anywhere else for cheaper, you're the one who should be PM'ing the OP to give him your money.
              My bad. I have partnered with GTM as well as National Speed in my build and I was just going off information they have delved into with me over the past months. Maybe they are clueless and complete idiots. I hope the thousands of #winning builds they have created will make it through. GTM is only one of the most leading Z shops in the northern hemisphere.

And to rebuttle, it is only a FACT that one of the biggest hinderences of horsepower *after* the 425 is the fuel system. Also, a quality build with the right parts and the right tune, by the right shop can EASILY have 425 whp and beat on it all day. Do not fack with my experience on this.

There are so many words enlaced with hate I would like to give to you, but on the fact I could be suspended I will hold my tongue.

And before you call me a noob, know who it is you are talking about and their experience. I have been researching, partnering with both GTM and National Speed, saving, and completing my build for almost 4 years now.

Last edited by Nismo350z#0310; 08-29-2012 at 06:52 AM.
              Old 08-29-2012, 07:07 AM
              STL 350Z

Play nice boys
              Old 08-29-2012, 07:25 AM
              RudeG_v2.0
              でたらめ検出器

My bad. I have partnered with GTM as well as National Speed in my build and I was just going off information they have delved into with me over the past months. Maybe they are clueless and complete idiots. I hope the thousands of #winning builds they have created will make it through. GTM is only one of the most leading Z shops in the northern hemisphere.

And to rebuttle, it is only a FACT that one of the biggest hinderences of horsepower *after* the 425 is the fuel system. Also, a quality build with the right parts and the right tune, by the right shop can EASILY have 425 whp and beat on it all day. Do not fack with my experience on this.

There are so many words enlaced with hate I would like to give to you, but on the fact I could be suspended I will hold my tongue.

And before you call me a noob, know who it is you are talking about and their experience. I have been researching, partnering with both GTM and National Speed, saving, and completing my build for almost 4 years now.
              LMFAO History on this forum and this platform has proven otherwise. It's quite evident from the dribble you're spewing that you only know what they told you. Your attempt to flame the OP by telling him to send a PM to give you his money was ironic and full of epic fail.

P.S. Did you miss the fact that the OP has over 107K miles on his stock block? Anyone who would advise him that he should slap a turbo kit on that high mileage motor and then be able to "beat on it all day" is an idiot.

Last edited by RudeG_v2.0; 08-29-2012 at 07:58 AM.
              Old 08-29-2012, 07:50 AM
              Nismo350z#0310

Originally Posted by RudeG_v2.0
              LMFAO History on this forum and this platform has proven otherwise. It's quite evident from the dribble you're spewing that you only know what they told you. Your attempt to flame the OP was full of epic fail.
              I was never flaming the OP. I was giving him advise, that unless he is wanting a serious amount of horsepower there is no need to go for internals. There are other things that need to happen in order to maintain with reliability and to help keep the engine safe. There are more ways to get available horsepower than just a turbo and some boost. This is why other people are blowing their engines. I good fuel system will allow for more hp gains without further stress on the engine. And also an oil cooling system is a must if you are beating on the engine alot or for any track days.

What is your rebuttle.
              Old 08-29-2012, 08:09 AM
              RudeG_v2.0
              でたらめ検出器

Check my edit above your post. Then please explain this statement...

I good fuel system will allow for more hp gains without further stress on the engine.
              Also, I never said the OP shouldn't get a return fuel system or an oil cooler. A returnless system is not optimum, but you are grossly overstating the need for a return fuel system on a stock block setup. I also think it's a bit of an oxymoron to promote GTM when advising someone on how to save money.

If the OP builds the block, I would definitely recommend that the OP get the CJM return system. An oil cooler is a no brainer and a given regardless when going FI.

Last edited by RudeG_v2.0; 08-29-2012 at 02:17 PM.

Quick Reply: Engine parts needed to support boost.