Notices
Forced Induction Turbochargers and Superchargers..Got Boost?

supercharger vs turbos

Search this Thread

Old 01-25-2012, 07:19 AM
bmccann101
350Z-holic

Received 399 Likes on 227 Posts

i think its funny that the vets are getting called out as post count ****** haha.

Id surely take the challenege to search threads for them.. and in that said search, youd find half the posts are in needless threads just like this one.. im sure they started out as nice redirectingm sticky li8nk sharing, welcome to forum bro threads.. in 2007... then as time went on, id say the replies would get more and more frustrated... and inevitably they move to this..

" i used to be disgusted....now Im just amused" mentality.

point being is that the'yve been around long enuff and have politely helped enuff to be rightly frustrated that these threads continue to not only exit , but that they are getting worse and worse.

It is what it is man.. and Ruthless is right, we hate the threads because these new ppl ask opinions and then argue when you tell them their budget idea is bunk. Hence the youtube video.

Were not re inventing the wheel here.. these threads are what they are.
Just like in high school, a little bit of social bullying will tell you what is and isnt acceptable behavior.. one or two angry threads will move ppl to watch thier threads more than some posting rules ever would. Embarrassment works wonders haha.. call it tough love, no internet tough guys..

the OPs may walk away saying " fawk these guys" but will next time indeed be more cautious and search, i bet you ten to 1.

and now for something completely different:

Last edited by bmccann101; 01-25-2012 at 07:22 AM.
Old 01-25-2012, 07:25 AM
Cux350z
hatersgonnahate

Received 959 Likes on 724 Posts

4shizzil you are the most annoying fi member as of late.
Your ricer math in your thread was ridiculous.
Old 01-25-2012, 07:33 AM
Cux350z
hatersgonnahate

GZILLA put down 560rwhp and 460rwtq at 7350rpms! Thats a whopping 700 crank HP at 20% loss. Since you Turbo folks always like to point out that it takes more HP to turn a blower vs a turbo. You are correct so add 5 to 10% more drivetrain loss especially above 15psi at you no yeild 800 at the crank at 30% parasitic loss!

From your thread.

You saying you got 500+ crank with 15psi? Did you make 600whp with 10k?

You're just as bad as the op.
Old 01-25-2012, 08:06 AM
Junkster

Received 17 Likes on 8 Posts

This thread blows more than a supercharger
Old 01-25-2012, 09:00 AM
Arvin89

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by 4SHIZZIL
Superchargers are way easier to drive than turbos, especially on moderate pedal to full throttle predictability.

Turbos have a surge that is way more fun, but harder to control, and gets annoying imo.

In general turbos make more power, but ive shut them up with my 600rwhp Supercharger!

plus i made 600rwhp under 10K cant do that with turbos even on a used kit installed.

if funny how these dumbazzes have time to talk about your post and your newness to the platform and the forums or whatever.

I bet if you search these SMARTAZZes that are responding, they dont even have turbos, never had a supercharger and cant reply respond effectively anyways, but they are internet gangsters that want to respond.

Mods should band folks who post off topic, with rude comments. Once it has been posted once that the guy should search or whatever. It should be done and any further JACKAZZ comments should yeild a warning.its a waste of space to post 80,000 times that the person should of done A or B.

come on people grow up. if you have that much time reply with a thread where you searched the topic to share with the OP.

point him in the right direction, not waste server processing time by posting waisted efforts in trying to be cool or prove that you know something about the topic.I have had engines with 4, 6, 8 pistons, turbo GLI, Supercharged G35 and guess what!? I am not an expert! But at least I can provide meaningful post without being rude.
INTERNET GANGSTERS!

teenaged muntant ninja pozzers!

lol
coming from the expert with 500 post!

Youre the moron thinking you actually have some pull with youre post count.

400 post count expert too?
how do you know this man?

he could have a highend in the garage thus not wanting to daily drive that, bought a cheap as Z but has the itch for speed.

yall make uneducated opinions just because of a low post count.
Thats not fair and you are not showing your experience on the forums by posting crap.
again help him out by posting a link, which I have yet to see anyone do.

Im not the post police, but you all spend more time wasting by consitently posting crap.

JUST IGNORE THE POST, not encourage the 50 million kids to follow suit because you have been on here so long.

high post count doesnt mean maturity either, im just saying you can help keep down the traffic, since you have the experience? NO?
^

I agree man!
LETS SEE HERE. 4176 (The posts you have currently) Divided by 5 (the number of times you say useless/irrelevant things.)

Equals.. 835 4176/5=835
For such a troll, im disappointed.

Also, learn how to spell. People should get "BAND" for too many spelling mistakes. Talk about "uneducated".

I have highlighted the many condradictions of your rampant posting in bold lettering. I did not elaborate on how they are contradictory to your statements as it should be quite clear. If you should choose to have me do so, just ask.

Last edited by Arvin89; 01-25-2012 at 09:01 AM.
Old 01-25-2012, 09:45 AM
anthony87

Originally Posted by Arvin89
LETS SEE HERE. 4176 (The posts you have currently) Divided by 5 (the number of times you say useless/irrelevant things.)

Equals.. 835 4176/5=835

Also, learn how to spell. People should get "BAND" for too many spelling mistakes. Talk about "uneducated".

I have highlighted the many condradictions of your rampant posting in bold lettering. I did not elaborate on how they are contradictory to your statements as it should be quite clear. If you should choose to have me do so, just ask.
hahaha amazinggg
Old 01-25-2012, 09:56 AM
2008_hrthree50z

I almost forgot why i love this forum
Old 01-25-2012, 10:17 AM
Vivid Racing
Sponsor
Vivid Racing

I was gonna leave this fread alone, but then I saw this...

Originally Posted by J 0 K 3 R
original post needs to read> "I have 10k at my disposal, I have huge sticky tires, and expensive coils, I love to ______ at the track, what would be a better setup for me?"

how about hitting that rev limiter once in a while? I know you dont need a turbo.

and why do you think you deserve to have a turbo on your car? Your a honda fan huh. go trade for an si you would be happier. lots of them have useless 2k turbo setups. car will go wooosh!

edit. BTW turbos are for going fast, not looking cool to your friends with red sideways hats.
good to see you watched the vid below.
Why do people (ESPECIALLY Nissan owners) rag on Hondas so much? I know a couple guys with Civics and Integras running 1/4 miles with single digit ETs.

Here's a Civic with a useless turbo kit that just goes whoosh. Must be the 1.8L VTAKKK that gets it across the 1/4 mile in 10 seconds. He may have broken into the 9s by now. btw- I typed this with my hat kinda sideways

http://www.flickr.com/photos/nelsmar/5691504000/http://www.flickr.com/photos/nelsmar/5691504000/ by http://www.flickr.com/people/nelsmar/, on Flickr

Originally Posted by terrasmak
I really think it would be possible to do both.
It is. I seent it.

Last edited by Vivid Racing; 01-25-2012 at 10:20 AM.
Old 01-25-2012, 10:32 AM
4SHIZZIL

Received 9 Likes on 4 Posts

Haha I love the fact that the O Geez are not chiming in. Its funny when a group of girls all PM/text one another and say.

Ohh no he didnt!

yall are all funny.

Love my350z!

Ill take the time and quote each one of you yahoos and reply.

I type most of this on my phone, i dont care to spell check internet post. You all understand when I call you out so apparently my English and spelling is well enough for you girls respond.

lol

SMH

stay on topic please.

and about the superchager driveline loss. It wasnt me who initially made that arguement it was you dumbazz turbo people claiming turbos are god.

at the end of the day whenever yall get done. I have tons more fun for half the price.

And at the end of the day I did make more hp per dollar than ANYONE else on running a VQ platform.

Obviously I did this by not listening to the EXPERTS all of claim to be.

SMH Again.
Old 01-25-2012, 11:01 AM
4SHIZZIL

Originally Posted by Arvin89

Equals.. 835 4176/5=835

Vancouver. I forgot, who the hell is afraid of compton when Vancouver is where the true internet gangsters are.

Like I said. Turbo cars take more effort to drive, thus IMO, superchargers are easier under load, heavy driving.

Can you stay ontopic or is the idea of me too much for you to forget.
Old 01-25-2012, 11:04 AM
4SHIZZIL

Question

Originally Posted by Cux350z
GZILLA put down 560rwhp and 460rwtq at 7350rpms! Thats a whopping 700 crank HP at 20% loss. Since you Turbo folks always like to point out that it takes more HP to turn a blower vs a turbo. You are correct so add 5 to 10% more drivetrain loss especially above 15psi at you no yeild 800 at the crank at 30% parasitic loss!

From your thread.

You saying you got 500+ crank with 15psi? Did you make 600whp with 10k?

You're just as bad as the op.
so how much parasitic loss does a blower yeild at 21psi smartazz?
You dont know nor does anyone else on this forum, because your stuck sucking turbo fumes, and not providing usable content as the rest of the posters in this particular thread. From other centrifugal set ups, it is estimated at 5 to 10% more driveline loss over stock!

But since you think I am SOOOOOOO off base, please respond with the correct calculation Subject Matter Expert?

here ill answer for you

I have no effing idea, i just like to jump on the bandwagon and never do anything no one else has. When other kids post about topics, I just ride the wave because I am a follower.

what about your build is unique and different?

Last edited by 4SHIZZIL; 01-25-2012 at 11:28 AM.
Old 01-25-2012, 11:09 AM
4SHIZZIL

Question

Originally Posted by Spork
Easier to drive? You mean "foot-modulated traction control?" Not if you're not a retard. My HKS twin plate is harder to cooperate with than traction in RWD mode. Then again, I find controlling my car harder in AWD mode.

Of course, your 600rwhp in under $10k is subjective... as it'll take $1k to get me there...

I'm not an expert either, but I'm not shy enough to not tell someone something is a stupid decision. Roots-type blowers are a waste on the Z/G platform.

My remark still stands... Lol @ Stillen and Godspeed.

roots style blowers are great for a daily driven car. its perfect for light to light with goobs of usable tq dowb low, no one is hitting top speed going to work everyday.

Please explain why it is not good for a daily driver like the OP asked?

Have you ever driven a roots style blown vehicle? I have 350z and Mustang Cobra.

Stay on topic man.
Old 01-25-2012, 11:17 AM
TheWan

^ Well 4SHIZZIL... Not trying to argue, but your case it a bit special. When people say "something makes more power than that", it's mostly based off of bolt-on number. As in, when you bolt on a supercharger WITHOUT any upgrade, it will MOST OF THE TIME make less power than a single turbo, and single turbo will always make less power than twin turbo without any upgrade to the turbo itself. Nobody is doubting you made great financial decision with your supercharger. Like you said, "I did make more hp per dollar than ANYONE else on running a VQ platform." You are FEW of people who made great amount of power from supercharger for such low budget. That's all you, and not a very common amongst other VQ drivers. As in you're the outlier. YOUR supercharged VQ is fast for cheap price. There are PLENTY of turbo VQ's who made your kind of power, with less money than majority of supercharged VQ's. That's all I am trying to say. Your case does not fit into every other VQ drivers. That's just not the case. When people say turbo makes more power than supercharger, it's just spurting of the MOST COMMON high hp# VQ platform they see, which are turbo chargers. You will find that very obvious when you look at the top # hp thread. Top dogs are ST/TT. Just saying.
Old 01-25-2012, 11:17 AM
4SHIZZIL

Thumbs up

Originally Posted by bmccann101
i think its funny that the vets are getting called out as post count ****** haha.

Id surely take the challenege to search threads for them.. and in that said search, youd find half the posts are in needless threads just like this one.. im sure they started out as nice redirectingm sticky li8nk sharing, welcome to forum bro threads.. in 2007... then as time went on, id say the replies would get more and more frustrated... and inevitably they move to this..

" i used to be disgusted....now Im just amused" mentality.

point being is that the'yve been around long enuff and have politely helped enuff to be rightly frustrated that these threads continue to not only exit , but that they are getting worse and worse.

It is what it is man.. and Ruthless is right, we hate the threads because these new ppl ask opinions and then argue when you tell them their budget idea is bunk. Hence the youtube video.

Were not re inventing the wheel here.. these threads are what they are.
Just like in high school, a little bit of social bullying will tell you what is and isnt acceptable behavior.. one or two angry threads will move ppl to watch thier threads more than some posting rules ever would. Embarrassment works wonders haha.. call it tough love, no internet tough guys..

the OPs may walk away saying " fawk these guys" but will next time indeed be more cautious and search, i bet you ten to 1.

and now for something completely different:

I agree 100% but one or two smartazz comments followed by a link would of prevented all of this garbage and name calling.

Its like highschool all over.

We remember the countless threads because we have been here. I had a diff screen name. Ive been here since DEC 04, but whatever.

Im just doing this to amuse myself and see who will get so upset they get themselves banned for not being able to have as thick of skin they expect someone thats ONLY been on here 3 days! I mean really people. If youre going to be an azz, be a smartazz as in educating the person you are trying to humiliate.

If they want to control this, then BEFORE you account gets activated, there should be a tutorial to provide examples of how to search, where to look. Not everyone is forum savvy right out the gate. I remember trying to post a pic in 2005, made a post and everyone made a big deal. I dont know HTML. I build servers but not web servers. I dont know JAVA or any coding languages but I can build an exchange server. Point is. we were all noobs at one point.

And for the record I didnt call out a vet as a post *****, I just said that lots of post doesnt equal smart or expert.

most on here can not stand alone without their "Special Cars" the cars are secondary in the MidA /National G Club, but at the same time its the cars that brought us all together.

still entertaining to see so much drama when the shizzil flings back in their faces!

Last edited by 4SHIZZIL; 01-25-2012 at 11:27 AM.
Old 01-25-2012, 11:25 AM
4SHIZZIL

Originally Posted by TheWan
^ Well 4SHIZZIL... Not trying to argue, but your case it a bit special. When people say "something makes more power than that", it's mostly based off of bolt-on number. As in, when you bolt on a supercharger WITHOUT any upgrade, it will MOST OF THE TIME make less power than a single turbo, and single turbo will always make less power than twin turbo without any upgrade to the turbo itself. Nobody is doubting you made great financial decision with your supercharger. Like you said, "I did make more hp per dollar than ANYONE else on running a VQ platform." You are FEW of people who made great amount of power from supercharger for such low budget. That's all you, and not a very common amongst other VQ drivers. As in you're the outlier. YOUR supercharged VQ is fast for cheap price. There are PLENTY of turbo VQ's who made your kind of power, with less money than majority of supercharged VQ's. That's all I am trying to say. Your case does not fit into every other VQ drivers. That's just not the case. When people say turbo makes more power than supercharger, it's just spurting of the MOST COMMON high hp# VQ platform they see, which are turbo chargers. You will find that very obvious when you look at the top # hp thread. Top dogs are ST/TT. Just saying.

very well stated thanks man.

I always get this: Supercharger take more power to use, turbos are more efficient, well that comes at a parasitic loss. Now that I made the same power as a turbo, doesnt that mean im running more power at the flywheel?

the guy above took my post out of context as an attempt to discredit me.

SCs do make less power that ST, ST make less than TT. But each has a respective dollar increas associated also.

Im no internet gangster nor to I go after folks for no reason, however the random posting is so out of control on the forums you cant find good information. No one has yet to bring up a thread that would help the OP. I have 3 of them saved already but people rather bash than to help.

You post help clarify what I was trying to communcate more effectively,it also helped the OP make an educated decision, but what is the rest of this drama doing.... wasting space and making all of us look like kids.
Old 01-25-2012, 11:26 AM
J 0 K 3 R

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

400 post count expert too?
you dont have to be an expert to know this dude doesnt need a turbo. he gets flamed for bringing honda expectations to the forum, it actually offends me and my car.
and wtf does post counts have to do with anything? (your the one that posts 4 times in a row in threads.) If you know cars, you know cars. maybe not FI, but a good general knowledge of cars, which is obviously subjectable. in this case most of the posters in this thread have valid points. and i personally dont give a crap about what someone with a user name of 4SHIZZLE has to say, or any one that idolizes gangstars, real or fake. Good day.
Old 01-25-2012, 11:47 AM
Cux350z
hatersgonnahate

Txstyle you're as annoying as 4shizzil

Jtgli had a great hp/$$

I know of another vortech build and I hope he stomps yours.

FYI I owned a vortech 350z for several years.

U mad?
Old 01-25-2012, 12:05 PM
xzotklr

Originally Posted by Johnking
sorry dont got 10k to drop on a greddy bro
On a serious note, if you're going to add forced induction with EITHER a supercharger system; a single turbo system or a twin turbo set-up beware right now....you've gonna to pay to play!!!!

Speed costs and all the "oldtimers" here who've taken the plunge will tell you the same thing. Trying to half *** your way to king of the hill ain't gonna cut it!!!!
Old 01-25-2012, 12:07 PM
SE5spd

Mr race car driver has spoken lol

I mean he does "4 wheel slide" his Z when he brakes into corners

Originally Posted by J 0 K 3 R
you dont have to be an expert to know this dude doesnt need a turbo. he gets flamed for bringing honda expectations to the forum, it actually offends me and my car.
and wtf does post counts have to do with anything? (your the one that posts 4 times in a row in threads.) If you know cars, you know cars. maybe not FI, but a good general knowledge of cars, which is obviously subjectable. in this case most of the posters in this thread have valid points. and i personally dont give a crap about what someone with a user name of 4SHIZZLE has to say, or any one that idolizes gangstars, real or fake. Good day.
Old 01-25-2012, 03:51 PM
Spork

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

roots style blowers are great for a daily driven car. its perfect for light to light with goobs of usable tq dowb low, no one is hitting top speed going to work everyday.

Please explain why it is not good for a daily driver like the OP asked?

Have you ever driven a roots style blown vehicle? I have 350z and Mustang Cobra.

Stay on topic man.
So turbos aren't great for DD? I DD mine, and I stay out of boost most of the time. What point are you trying to make?

I'm not saying it's not good, I'm just LOLing at your reasoning... and Stillen/roots on the VQ.

Yes, I have driven a few roots blown vehicle. My impression? Meh.

I currently DD my GTR at .7-1 bar of boost for the daily commute to work, even in the rain while in RWD mode. Hell, I could DD it at 1.3 bar in RWD mode. How can I do this crazy task you say? Because I own a turbo car, have driven many, and I know how to drive/handle it. You do know how to stay out of boost, right? Your argument is sh*t.

DERP.

You're a dumbass who obviously can't control a car.

Quick Reply: supercharger vs turbos