Notices
Forced Induction Turbochargers and Superchargers..Got Boost?

Best/Most reliable Standalone for Built TT Z?

Search this Thread

Old 03-15-2012, 06:39 AM
ZenkiS14

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by binder
i'm in st louis and i use a haltech on my 650 hp g35.

are you on the stlsr forums?

I rent the dyno from eurotrix and do my tuning down there. He is an uprev osiris tuner so he could do that for you but it's not going to have near the function of a stand alone. No boost control, no wideband integrated, no recording integrated....so you will end up buying more stuff and not having a way to connect them into 1 program for ease of tuning.

Currently haltech or pro-EFI are the top 2 stand alones. If you are local here i can help you with Haltech and we are only about 4 hours away from Dynosty (injected performance) if you want to go have Hal tune it for you.

the newest haltech stand alone is 100% stand alone with no use of the stock ecu. This is pretty sick and I think i will probably switch over once it hits the market.

as for personal interface the haltech is simple to use as an end user product. From what i hear on others the pro-efi doens't have the same adjustability as what a licensed tuner gets and it isn't as user friendly.
Thanks for the info Jeff, I will let him know. I would like to see him ditch the F-Con all together, and just get it tuned by Hal on a Haltech Platinum Pro series, just waiting for it to come out.

I imagine his setup is fairly similar to yours, and I'd love to get him in touch with you somehow, at a meet or something just to get him talking about the car again lol. He needs to bring it out!
Old 03-16-2012, 06:22 AM
Sharif@Forged
Sponsor
Forged Performance

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by ZenkiS14
Ok, I have a friend who has a fully built 350Z, VQ35, with a pair of 18G's. Full build on bottom end, but it hasn't run well in 2-3 years since the build. It was originally tuned in Maryland, but now has issues here in STL. He is running on a HKS F-Con pro, but no one locally seems to be able to tune with that platform. When he had his car built, there weren’t too many options for it out there.

He's been out of the game for a few years, and has since just let the Z sit, well I'm trying to motivate him to get it back up to square and start driving it again. He is considering ditching the F-Con pro, in favor of something more useful/reliable/dependable.

What is the absolute best bang for the buck Standalone Management system out there these days for these cars? The standard in the VQ industry, etc?
You can have your friend contact me at Forged Performance and we can probably help. If he already has the FCON installed I probably wouldn't suggest installing a Haltech. When the Fcon is properly tuned AND setup correctly the car will run perfectly. Those that have experience tuning the HKS Fcon Vpro are few and far between but I'd be happy to do it. Drive down one day, tune it one day, drive back.

Now if he had no EMS, than absolutely the Haltech would be my first choice these days.
Old 03-16-2012, 11:38 AM
psychoballistic

I think what Sharif is saying is probably the best bet/ bang for buck in your friends situation. If leaving the Fcon regardless go to the Haltec, you cannot go wrong with that ems and the support from Hal. The return on the fcon will be negligible to the cost of it. Haltec is a top notch unit if there is to be a change.
Old 03-18-2012, 09:34 AM
binder

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

Thanks for the info Jeff, I will let him know. I would like to see him ditch the F-Con all together, and just get it tuned by Hal on a Haltech Platinum Pro series, just waiting for it to come out.

I imagine his setup is fairly similar to yours, and I'd love to get him in touch with you somehow, at a meet or something just to get him talking about the car again lol. He needs to bring it out!
Do u mean the new full standalone? I'm planning on upgrading so I could make ur friend a deal on my haltech. I think we pm'ed on Stlsr about my friends transmission. Pm me and I'll send you my cell number.
Old 03-19-2012, 06:29 AM
ZenkiS14

Do u mean the new full standalone? I'm planning on upgrading so I could make ur friend a deal on my haltech. I think we pm'ed on Stlsr about my friends transmission. Pm me and I'll send you my cell number.
Yea, my name on STLSR is the same as here. I think he was wanting to just go with the new PRO setup from Haltech if he did, but im sure throwing him an offer for your setup couldnt hurt!
Old 03-19-2012, 06:36 PM
binder

Yea, my name on STLSR is the same as here. I think he was wanting to just go with the new PRO setup from Haltech if he did, but im sure throwing him an offer for your setup couldnt hurt!
Ya, we've chatted on stlsr about my friend's broken zx3.

I'm not sure what all the emissions in missouri are so since it's still a toss up on the haltech full stand alone passing emissions i would at least have him wait to find out. Indiana doesn't have emissions like the dirty whorebag state of missouri so i can do pretty much whatever i want
Old 03-20-2012, 06:05 AM
ZenkiS14

HAHA nice, yea. I have my cars registered in Columbia Missouri = no emissions for me either
Old 03-20-2012, 06:05 PM
binder

HAHA nice, yea. I have my cars registered in Columbia Missouri = no emissions for me either
i thought it was a state law requiring emissions? missouri is so complicated.
Old 03-21-2012, 06:15 AM
ZenkiS14

i thought it was a state law requiring emissions? missouri is so complicated.
Nah, it's per county, or something like that. Boone County has no emissions, too many farm trucks and stuff they figured just not hassle it for the locals.