Notices
Forced Induction Turbochargers and Superchargers..Got Boost?

Little Update on my 4.15L Twin PT67 Build... Dyno #'s!

Search this Thread

Old 04-29-2012, 05:53 AM
binder

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by MI 35th
Looks like I see a Tilton Triple or Quad in your future.
+1

or the spec clutch that rich (str8) is running if you're broke. He put down around 900 with it and it's holding up and it's not 5 grand like a tilton.
Old 04-29-2012, 10:31 AM
Blackbird CPV35

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

It's probably all the torque from the stroker that's killing that clutch
Old 04-29-2012, 06:37 PM
Sylvan Lake V35

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Congrats Ashton, it must be a nice feeling!!

Let me know if you plan to go bigger I was looking for a triple plate, I get tuned in two weeks. I just cheeped out and bought an Exedy twin I am sure it will be my weak spot but I am in the same boat as you I just want to drive the car and anything over 600 will put a smile on my face.
Old 04-29-2012, 07:30 PM
Alberto
Cranky FI Owner

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Congrats man! Hope it stays in one piece for you.
Old 04-30-2012, 09:24 AM
str8dum1

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

great results!

congrats!
Old 05-01-2012, 09:03 AM
abushong504

Originally Posted by binder
+1

or the spec clutch that rich (str8) is running if you're broke. He put down around 900 with it and it's holding up and it's not 5 grand like a tilton.
Lol, there will be no change in my near future Maybe once I get done with school and am actually making some positive income ha.

Originally Posted by Blackbird CPV35
It's probably all the torque from the stroker that's killing that clutch
Yep, sucks but awesome at the same time haha.

Originally Posted by Sylvan Lake V35
Congrats Ashton, it must be a nice feeling!!

Let me know if you plan to go bigger I was looking for a triple plate, I get tuned in two weeks. I just cheeped out and bought an Exedy twin I am sure it will be my weak spot but I am in the same boat as you I just want to drive the car and anything over 600 will put a smile on my face.
I appreciate it bud! I wish I could go bigger, but as mentioned before it won't be coming out anytime soon. Can't afford it and want to enjoy the car for a bit. It's funny how us big boost guys are like fine, I'll guess I'll have to just take the measly 600hp and enjoy it! How is yours coming along now? Almost done? Still liking the multi-reservoir?

Originally Posted by Alberto
Congrats man! Hope it stays in one piece for you.
Thanks man! I am keeping my fingers crossed cause you know as well as anyone else, I can't just go out and baby it. I gotta enjoy the power.

Originally Posted by str8dum1
great results!

congrats!
Thanks Rich! Hope yours is coming along well too! Thanks for the tips and help along the way.
Old 05-01-2012, 10:12 AM
phunk
CJ Motorsports

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

congrats, nice work!

We are putting together a test twin pump using a 255/485 combo... if testing works out well we could rebuild your pump with that setup so you can ditch the boost-a-pump.
Old 05-01-2012, 10:47 AM
djamps

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

Did Dynosty build the motor?
Old 05-02-2012, 09:16 AM
abushong504

Originally Posted by phunk
congrats, nice work!

We are putting together a test twin pump using a 255/485 combo... if testing works out well we could rebuild your pump with that setup so you can ditch the boost-a-pump.
Ahh, that would be amazing. Keep me updated on it man.

Originally Posted by djamps
Did Dynosty build the motor?
Sure did!
Old 05-06-2012, 07:23 PM
Sylvan Lake V35

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by abushong504

I appreciate it bud! I wish I could go bigger, but as mentioned before it won't be coming out anytime soon. Can't afford it and want to enjoy the car for a bit. It's funny how us big boost guys are like fine, I'll guess I'll have to just take the measly 600hp and enjoy it! How is yours coming along now? Almost done? Still liking the multi-reservoir?
Mine has been running good, new clutch, CD009 trans, the 3.8L in. I went to a meet last night up in Edmonton about an hour and a half drive trying to get some break in miles on the clutch and engine. When i got there i had a nice coolant leak so I need to figure that out i hope it is a turbo feed/return line....

The SFR tank is a total POS it rubs my rad and I was going to bend it so it sat back farther but then the PS line would rub the belts, the coolant draw back line is kinked against my rad, no way to empty the catch can, the coolant overflow will pressure up because it has no vent, the PS on the OEM can has a baffled vent on the lip the SFR tank has no vent but PS fluid seems to seep out of the lid all of the time making a mess and no sight hose on anything is a PITA. Other than that it is great I might have to spend some time "improving it" the idea is great just the execution sucks....not your fault at all and I bought it knowing it never had any of those features. I will say it un clutters my bay and I would buy it again just knowing I need to "rework" a few things.

Did you destroy your clutch?? I was talking to Boosted Performance at the meet I thought he said you had a picture of a chewed up clutch?? I think it was Sasha anyway and I was sure he asked if I seen your chewed up clutch??

Last edited by Sylvan Lake V35; 05-06-2012 at 07:28 PM.