Notices
Forced Induction Turbochargers and Superchargers..Got Boost?

My Dynosty Built 4.15L Stroker Twin PT67 is Completed... for now :D

Search this Thread

Old 07-09-2012 | 05:49 AM
VQpwr03z

awesome build man!!! Disfrutalo!!!!
Old 07-09-2012 | 07:45 AM
OldManZ350

Nice Build.....

what Clutch will Hold 800WHP Plus ?
Old 07-09-2012 | 08:17 AM
graffkid732

Sick build man. In for videos.
Old 07-09-2012 | 08:41 AM
BoomerZ33

nice job man. can't wait to see the next set of mods.
Old 07-09-2012 | 09:00 AM
ImWeeZzel
350Z-holic
Premier Member

long time coming, congrats on your build br0
Old 07-09-2012 | 10:27 AM
Road Warrior

do you have a front strut bar or is it under the rare jdm cover? nice build...congrats..also, beautiful car
Old 07-09-2012 | 11:57 AM
str8dum1

Wish I coulda tried Dynosty's dyno at Zdayz to see how it compared to the 3 other dynos I've been tuned on. Based on my #'s, theirs must really be a heartbreaker.
Old 07-09-2012 | 12:39 PM
Sylvan Lake V35

Originally Posted by abushong504
Ahh, stupid clutches!! Don't they just **** you off? I will see what I have saved up by winter. If some how I have the money I will def let you know and we can set up a deal man. I hope that SRF overflow tank is giving you less problems now haha. I still feel awful about that. But I guess you were right about it not being my fault. Still looks good though :P

I would hang on to the PMu's. My friends tell me the red ST's look better on my car, but I still wish I had the Mu's. Buuuuut, if you ever are really wanting to get rid of them, shoot me a message first :thumb up:

:*(

With the black and grey I have they add some color to the plain look.

Name:  Untitled.jpg
Views: 220
Size:  63.8 KB

Ya I am in no real hurry for the clutch, I was thinking maybe in spring get a race gas tune 700-750whp and I know this clutch wont hold that. I might just leave it as it is I have yet to get to the track and see if it slips there....
Old 07-09-2012 | 01:55 PM
Boosted Performance
Vendor - Former Vendor

Originally Posted by str8dum1
Wish I coulda tried Dynosty's dyno at Zdayz to see how it compared to the 3 other dynos I've been tuned on. Based on my #'s, theirs must really be a heartbreaker.
Here is a good comparison, for what it's worth:

Originally Posted by bryan@momentum
Yeah Hal you have the heart breaker. we took our test Mule on the road for a week to show it to a few of our dealers. The results were as follows:

National Speed 395 rwhp (4 wheel Dyno jet)
Forged Performance 384 RWHP (4 wheel Dyno dynamics)
Z1 409 (2 wheel dyno jet)
Injected/Dynosty 349 (2 wheel dyno dynamics)

We used our car as the control and used pump gas a readily available, all of it 93 octane and our base Map tune out of the box. There was a 60 whp difference from all four dynos, and 24 whp difference between dynojets and 35 whp difference between the dyno dynamics.

Last edited by Boosted Performance; 07-09-2012 at 01:56 PM.
Old 07-09-2012 | 02:35 PM
midz350

Originally Posted by abushong504
Thanks bud, I appreciate it. I am anxious to see how your swap turns out!
The swap is canceled, I had to sell everything.

Looking for a stock VQ35HR at the moment and be a headache free for at least a year.
Old 07-09-2012 | 08:38 PM
binder

Originally Posted by OldManZ350
Nice Build.....

what Clutch will Hold 800WHP Plus ?
os quad, carbonetics triple, and so far rich (str8) has pushed his spec twin up in the 900hp range.

It makes me wonder if there was enough break in time on aston's clutch. I know it was probably broken in on the dyno but how many miles do they really get on just a dyno break in? I would say a good 500 miles on city stop and go would be a solid break in and i see it very time consuming to get enough starts from a complete stop to get that clutch wear.
Old 07-09-2012 | 11:59 PM
Frostydc4

Congrats on the build
Old 07-10-2012 | 05:21 AM
gbaker

Jeff,

Carbonetics triple has seen failures at 850-900rwhp DD with plenty of break-in, but of course you need to measure torque instead. The only clutch I have seen is the Tilton triple to hold above those numbers. For some reason I think the Spec failed as well, as I had a customer switch to a Tilton and he never looked back.

Originally Posted by binder
os quad, carbonetics triple, and so far rich (str8) has pushed his spec twin up in the 900hp range.

It makes me wonder if there was enough break in time on aston's clutch. I know it was probably broken in on the dyno but how many miles do they really get on just a dyno break in? I would say a good 500 miles on city stop and go would be a solid break in and i see it very time consuming to get enough starts from a complete stop to get that clutch wear.
Old 07-10-2012 | 07:08 AM
str8dum1

carbonetics triples have slipped way less than that. XKR and Cass both replaced them under 800whp. I would skip that all together.

i know once my clutch goes, in goes a TH400 with a gear vendors overdrive and a transbrake.

auto>manual if you want to go fast.
Old 07-10-2012 | 07:54 AM
binder

carbonetics triples have slipped way less than that. XKR and Cass both replaced them under 800whp. I would skip that all together.

i know once my clutch goes, in goes a TH400 with a gear vendors overdrive and a transbrake.

Chris (cass) ran a twin, not triple. I know because I wanted to buy his clutch but decided to buy a triple instead since I would have been on the edge of the limit of the twin.

I haven't been in Mike's thread in quite some time but I thought he was either on a carbonetics twin or there was something up with his triple (high mileage or something) when it finally failed.

Found the thread, Mike did 1006 on sharif's DJ dyno before the twin disc carbonetics slipped. He then switched to an OS triple. posted 06-08-2010, 09:59 AM.

I forgot about tilton. Those have held some good hp but of course they charge you for it

Last edited by binder; 07-10-2012 at 08:00 AM.
Old 07-10-2012 | 09:02 AM
Resmarted

tilton>everything. nobody makes a stronger clutch than tilton.
oh wait there is one company... and it would be tilton LOL. quad disk anyone?
Old 07-10-2012 | 09:47 AM
abushong504

Originally Posted by Resmarted
You should change your forum name to awesome ashton, because that car is awesome, ashton LOLOLOLOL im soo full of it.

Anyway that looks amazing! Glad to hear everything's running well and pulls nice etc!

Do I even have to say it!? VIDEOS!!!!!
PS I'm about to bombard you with texts
Hahaha. AwesomeAshton, alliteration aside.... :P I appreciate it man. I will get some videos for sure! Trying to touch up a couple things that I had wanted to get to when I originally started the build, like my gauge wiring, replacement of certain interior pieces etc. But I will def get some. Maybe even a few with some of the Dynosty crew and their "fast" cars ha

Originally Posted by mvp2765
Nice build!
Thanks!!

Originally Posted by BornSlippyZ
Wow, incredible build! Enjoy your beast of a Z!

Appreciate it man. I will!!

Originally Posted by Hal@Dynosty
Looking forward to the next time you get up here to run around. +1 for videos
Me too Hal. I want a video of that silver Z :P Then you can bring out the black one and get revenge.

Originally Posted by VQpwr03z
awesome build man!!! Disfrutalo!!!!
Thanks amigo!

Originally Posted by graffkid732
Sick build man. In for videos.
It hails in comparison to yours! But I appreciate it. Videos will be up in near future! Hope your build is going well. If you think you have too many parts laying around, feel free to send some my way. I will "store" them for ya... no charge

Originally Posted by BoomerZ33
nice job man. can't wait to see the next set of mods.
Appreciate it bud!

Originally Posted by ImWeeZzel
long time coming, congrats on your build br0
Thanks man!! Never thought I'd see the day!

Originally Posted by Road Warrior
do you have a front strut bar or is it under the rare jdm cover? nice build...congrats..also, beautiful car
I have one, just haven't put it on yet. I would love to have a certain one *cough, arc* but having no money and the rarity of them won't allow me to.

Yeah, Dynosty's dyno has always been the biggest heartbreaker I've seen. As Sasha pointed out one comparison. I have gone to different dyno's on the same day up here in Lexington when there have been dyno days and seen differences in 20%. I was hoping you'd get to try it out because I wanted to compare as well!! What are you making on some of the places that you have been?

Originally Posted by Sylvan Lake V35
With the black and grey I have they add some color to the plain look.

Ya I am in no real hurry for the clutch, I was thinking maybe in spring get a race gas tune 700-750whp and I know this clutch wont hold that. I might just leave it as it is I have yet to get to the track and see if it slips there....
I think the mu teal behind the black looks absolutely awful... that means you should sell them :P You know I'm giving you a hard time. They look sick man.

Sounds good about the clutch. You are the first person I'll contact when I'm ready to upgrade!

Originally Posted by midz350
The swap is canceled, I had to sell everything.

Looking for a stock VQ35HR at the moment and be a headache free for at least a year.
Ahh that sucks to hear man. Sorry dude. But, I do understand the headache free. Just want to be able to drive the car and not worry about any issues, especially expensive ones that could arise. I'll let you know if I happen to come across a HR.

Originally Posted by gbaker
Jeff,

Carbonetics triple has seen failures at 850-900rwhp DD with plenty of break-in, but of course you need to measure torque instead. The only clutch I have seen is the Tilton triple to hold above those numbers. For some reason I think the Spec failed as well, as I had a customer switch to a Tilton and he never looked back.

The clutch was actually from Jason (Blackbird). It had definitely been broken in but had never shown signs of slipping on his car. His G35 and was putting down 700+rwhp but only 600ftlbs of torque. My car when it started slipping was making 750+ ftlbs of torque. It was just killing the clutch.

As Greg said, It seems Tilton is the only one that has held constantly above 800tq. Apparently, the OS quad is claimed to handle it, but no one has tried to push it that high yet. I was told if I got the tilton I would never want to drive the car on the street again lol. But it would hold the power for sure.

That or the OS quad are my choices. I have heard too many mixed reviews on the Spec one. If I replace the clutch, I would like to go for as for sure of a thing as possible.

Originally Posted by Frostydc4
Congrats on the build
Thanks man!

^Very true. Def no carbonetics haha. Ahh a TH400. Would be very interesting... Who knows what I will do. It's still quite a time off. We will see how quickly I get used to or bored of the current power level lol.

Chris (cass) ran a twin, not triple. I know because I wanted to buy his clutch but decided to buy a triple instead since I would have been on the edge of the limit of the twin.

I haven't been in Mike's thread in quite some time but I thought he was either on a carbonetics twin or there was something up with his triple (high mileage or something) when it finally failed.

Found the thread, Mike did 1006 on sharif's DJ dyno before the twin disc carbonetics slipped. He then switched to an OS triple. posted 06-08-2010, 09:59 AM.

I forgot about tilton. Those have held some good hp but of course they charge you for it
Tilton is definitely a big chunk of money, but as mentioned before, it will for sure hold. How much tq was Mike making?

Originally Posted by Resmarted
tilton>everything. nobody makes a stronger clutch than tilton.
oh wait there is one company... and it would be tilton LOL. quad disk anyone?
Lol, tilton tilton tilton. Decisions, decisions, decisions.
Old 07-10-2012 | 11:57 AM
str8dum1

you dont have to get the ballar triple carbon tilton. they make a semi-metallic at like half price (~2500$).

I wish I had an auto now. I realize i dont have the focus for mountain driving, etc. I didnt enjoy all the shifting at Zdayz (or also almost running over 5 motorcyclists that stopped in the middle of the Dragon to help another squid that dumped it in the ditch) I rather just put my foot to the floor and keep it there.

How do you feel about the lag? Your powerband is about 200rpms left shifted from mine, so just wondering what you think.

Last edited by str8dum1; 07-10-2012 at 11:59 AM.
Old 07-10-2012 | 01:40 PM
gbaker

I believe the issue is lack of flywheels for the Tilton/VQ35 at this time. From everyone I have spoken to, it would be a minimum of 10 flywheels to make another run.

As far as street driving, it takes some getting use to. I haven't driven the carbon, only the metallic.

The Tilton triple carbon is in my drag car now, but haven't driven it yet.

you dont have to get the ballar triple carbon tilton. they make a semi-metallic at like half price (~2500$).

I wish I had an auto now. I realize i dont have the focus for mountain driving, etc. I didnt enjoy all the shifting at Zdayz (or also almost running over 5 motorcyclists that stopped in the middle of the Dragon to help another squid that dumped it in the ditch) I rather just put my foot to the floor and keep it there.

How do you feel about the lag? Your powerband is about 200rpms left shifted from mine, so just wondering what you think.
Old 07-10-2012 | 04:18 PM
str8dum1

ya i doubt you would want any of those on a street car. supra guys really like the tilton triple carbon, but realistically at that level, its all about compromises.

I think its the stupid light flywheel that the tilton uses that doesnt lend itself to very good street manners.

Pretty sure OS told Forged straight up that their 4 disc would not be good on the street. I would think that their triple would be the best of the rest.

Heck, since Aston's clutch was already used, a refresh would probably fix everything. I had my Spec refreshed when i rebuilt my motor, just for the reason that as he knows, you cant pull the tranny easily anymore.

Quick Reply: My Dynosty Built 4.15L Stroker Twin PT67 is Completed... for now :D