Notices
Forced Induction Turbochargers and Superchargers..Got Boost?

I've got a build or something *PICS*

Search this Thread

Old 07-13-2012, 05:06 PM
Resmarted

Received 64 Likes on 49 Posts

Bumper's not actually on, and that mk3 on the right is ****ING NUTS

We enjoy screwing around i guess

Sometimes we get serious about screwing around...

and then there's the car again. I love the way the lines flow off the top of the trunk now... Wish the fenders fit better. Sticks out all funny at the door jam. Oh well, becuz racecar. (Don't ask about the 5" tip sitting on the factory muffler. I'm sticking with a 4" tip, I think lol)
Old 07-13-2012, 05:38 PM
Resmarted

Build list:
Dynosty stage 1 short block (wiseco pistons in this one, I like them for a higher aluminum content vs silicon, upgraded wrist pins)
Dynosty Billet Girdle
ARP mains and l19 heads
Dynosty headgasket (similar to the hks, at a much better price, contact dynosty for more info)
Dynosty reflashed ecu (idle, auto to manual etc)
Haltech with the fixings (dual wideband etc) off of jason's g35
BC 272's and BC spring kit
Set of bearings which I can't remember that were put together by Eddie for the correct clearances I need
ATI damper
Rev up oil pump
Veyron Pump
1200cc precision injectors
1/2" plenum spacer, and 3/8" dynosty fuel rail spacer
cd0009 transmission
Spec super twin (one with slightly upgraded friction plates, cant remember which one in specific)
RJM pedal bracket
305 r888 rear 245 r888 front (can you say understeer?)
siebon fenders
aerosync front
smoothline removable hardtop (removed oem top for weight savings, and ALL motors)
4" aluminum exhaust vibrant race muffler
7175 .96 a/r thingy with a small air filter (for now)
twin 38mm wastegates
tiny little bov
4x12x32 fmic (not sure if thats with endtanks or not, but its big enough)
Turbo Werx Exa pump for separate filtered turbo only oil system
uhmmm resurfaced heads (they were very clean, only a tiny tiny window on cylinder 3 i think)
pretty much it.
Hope to make power out to 8.5k rpm, if not, we'll fab a aluminum short runner coffin style intake plenum with upgraded TB. (If you are interested in this idea let me know, my buddy wouldn't mind selling a few for a decent price).

goals:
**** ton of power
DD (I don't beat on my cars...)
Standing mile car and highway queen.
Old 07-13-2012, 05:54 PM
RudeG_v2.0
でたらめ検出器

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Interesting header and turbo setup. I'm very curious to see how this performs. Was surprised to see that you're doing this big power project on a convertible. Are you going to cage it so you can track it?
Old 07-13-2012, 06:02 PM
Resmarted

Originally Posted by RudeG_v2.0
Interesting header and turbo setup. I'm very curious to see how this performs. Was surprised to see that you're doing this big power project on a convertible. Are you going to cage it so you can track it?
Yeah. eventually i'll need a cage for the standing mile stuff.

I'll see how much i track the car or if i do otherwise, as currently the turbo sits too low for racing (at least comfortably). if this thing bottoms out at speed, bye bye compressor housing and half the manifold.

But primarily it's a street car. You should see how close the turbo is to the shifter... going to be quite the noise in car lol.
Old 07-14-2012, 11:23 PM
Resmarted

Reclocked the turbo/re angled it a bit.
Have pics of that but nothing too cool.
Re worked the charge piping to avoid wheel contact...
Cool pic of the day
Back Purged And Pie Cut downpipe 3"... going to flare out to 4" right after a bit more bend:
TRANSFORMERS, TURBO IN MY CAR (said in the transformers song style)
Old 07-15-2012, 07:46 AM
Boosted Performance
Vendor - Former Vendor

Received 18 Likes on 18 Posts

Originally Posted by Resmarted
This should answer some questions:

Yes it hangs low, and yes we had to bang on a lot of stuff to get it to fit, but I can live with it.
Just wondering if there is a reason for not making the two banks merge right at the turbo. Right now you have about a 5" (estimating) straight section before the inlet flange. That way the two banks could have gone behind the transmission support brace, and you would have had all the room in the world with the turbo sitting that way.

With that, you would have been able to run the IC pipe between the transmission and the brace, with no clearance issues at all.

Last edited by Boosted Performance; 07-15-2012 at 07:50 AM.
Old 07-15-2012, 10:47 AM
Resmarted

Originally Posted by Boosted Performance
Just wondering if there is a reason for not making the two banks merge right at the turbo. Right now you have about a 5" (estimating) straight section before the inlet flange. That way the two banks could have gone behind the transmission support brace, and you would have had all the room in the world with the turbo sitting that way.

With that, you would have been able to run the IC pipe between the transmission and the brace, with no clearance issues at all.
I see what you're saying, but the issue we're really having is around the driveshaft. Only after clocking the turbo up and making a new mounting bracket did we run into the crossmember. But by the time that be came an issue we had more problems clearing the subframe and the driveshaft. Im happy with the clearances at the moment. No i cant slam the car but i can live with stock height.

I have a coule of reasons for not joining right at the turbo:
1) the turbo isn't a twin scroll, if it was you can see how easy it would be to utilize this design
2) something most people wouldnt know about me is i spend a lot of my free time recording, mixing, mastering my and friends music (im not quite signed yet but the future is promising). So sound/tone is very very important to me. I wanted this kit to sound like a longtube header car crossed with an sts kit, but have the performance similar to what your kit can do. Joining the pulses pre turbo should ensure i get the tone i crave, and was for my own personal reasons.
I understand how it could be seen to hinder flow, but im not worried about it... Plenty of n/a z's out there run similar sized piping and are able to rev out on it.
So yes, cheers to my **** ears!
Old 07-15-2012, 10:12 PM
Resmarted

Forgot to snap pictures of the wastegates mounted, but I'm tired and the car is of the lift.
Video:
Old 07-15-2012, 10:35 PM
kacz07

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Get an Injen hydroshield to protect the intake. Doesn't affect flow.
Old 07-16-2012, 07:48 AM
binder

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by kacz07
Get an Injen hydroshield to protect the intake. Doesn't affect flow.
ever driven a 700hp car in the rain? Smart people won't.

I have on accident and my filter being basically on the ground didn't cause an issue....just fyi.
Old 07-16-2012, 05:07 PM
Resmarted

Originally Posted by binder

I have on accident and my filter being basically on the ground didn't cause an issue....just fyi.
lol!
Old 07-16-2012, 07:31 PM
djamps

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by binder
Depends on where you live. If I had to watch weather reports 24/7 I'd hardly ever drive my car. 99% of the time I'm fine but I have been caught in torrential downpours at least once per year.
Old 07-17-2012, 08:37 AM
ibelonginprison

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by djamps
Depends on where you live. If I had to watch weather reports 24/7 I'd hardly ever drive my car. 99% of the time I'm fine but I have been caught in torrential downpours at least once per year.
Try living down here in the south.

Sunday it was supposed to rain. It didn't.
Yesterday it wasn't supposed to rain. It did for 2 hours.

It's been raining in front of my office building before, and sunny out back. You never know what's going to happen around here.
Old 07-17-2012, 08:53 AM
ace32x

Originally Posted by ibelonginprison
Try living down here in the south.

Sunday it was supposed to rain. It didn't.
Yesterday it wasn't supposed to rain. It did for 2 hours.

It's been raining in front of my office building before, and sunny out back. You never know what's going to happen around here.
u think thats bad, live in the puget sound in washington state with a built boosted z
Old 07-17-2012, 11:27 AM
Resmarted

*doesnt rain here, it sprinkles *
Old 07-17-2012, 01:29 PM
ibelonginprison

Originally Posted by ace32x
u think thats bad, live in the puget sound in washington state with a built boosted z
eff that. It's always raining there.

At least here it's DRY a lot. We just never know WHEN it's going to rain.
Sh*t pops up out of nowhere, dumps water for 30 minutes, then goes away and it's ridiculously humid for the rest... well, the rest of your life.
Old 07-17-2012, 07:48 PM
RudeG_v2.0
でたらめ検出器

I was surprised to see that you're running only a small racing style muffler on that 4" exhaust, especially since you said how picky you are about sound and that this car will be primarily a street car. Do you think that your pre-turbo piping arrangement will eliminate rasp?

The reason I'm curious is because I have heard a local friend's 350Z with a very similar 4" exhaust setup. He has a Precision 7675 turbo with a 3.5" down pipe to a 4" exhaust with a small Burns racing muffler near the tip. It was VERY raspy and obnoxious as hell!!! LOL A larger muffler was added mid-line (Magnaflow IIRC) and it made it a bit less redonkulous. But it's still quite loud.
Old 07-17-2012, 08:06 PM
Resmarted

I was surprised to see that you're running only a small racing style muffler on that 4" exhaust, especially since you said how picky you are about sound and that this car will be primarily a street car. Do you think that your pre-turbo piping arrangement will eliminate rasp?

The reason I'm curious is because I have heard a local friend's 350Z with a very similar 4" exhaust setup. He has a Precision 7675 turbo with a 3.5" down pipe to a 4" exhaust with a small Burns racing muffler near the tip. It was VERY raspy and obnoxious as hell!!! LOL A larger muffler was added mid-line (Magnaflow IIRC) and it made it a bit less redonkulous. But it's still quite loud.
Rasp is 'ok' actually, it's tone that's my issue. infact the longtubes will be raspy for sure, but a different kind of raspy.

I let my inner ricer come out when I ran the car with a 2.5" y pipe and then cut off the stock exhaust before the muffler, and I actually loved the tone.

Eventually we want to either y the wastegates together or recirc them.

And the car will probably be running a silencer on DD duty.

Is your buddy on the board? And is that the 76 kit sasha was talking about?

but yeah I dont mind loud, I care about sound/tone. I'm trying to get the car to sound more like an inline 6 than the usual burble of a tt vq.

Last edited by Resmarted; 07-17-2012 at 08:09 PM.
Old 07-17-2012, 08:20 PM
RudeG_v2.0
でたらめ検出器

Originally Posted by Resmarted
Rasp is 'ok' actually, it's tone that's my issue. infact the longtubes will be raspy for sure, but a different kind of raspy.

I let my inner ricer come out when I ran the car with a 2.5" y pipe and then cut off the stock exhaust before the muffler, and I actually loved the tone.

Eventually we want to either y the wastegates together or recirc them.

And the car will probably be running a silencer on DD duty.

Is your buddy on the board? And is that the 76 kit sasha was talking about?

but yeah I dont mind loud, I care about sound/tone. I'm trying to get the car to sound more like an inline 6 than the usual burble of a tt vq.
I see... Well, as long as you're 'OK' with raspy and very loud.

Yeah, my buddy is on the board. But he isn't very active on the forum anymore. It's a modified PL kit and made over 900whp. I don't remember the exact number anymore.

P.S. BTW, I'm not talking about the Intense widebody G. This is a customer's car that's a 350Z.
Old 07-17-2012, 08:24 PM
Resmarted

I see... Well, as long as you're 'OK' with raspy and very loud.

Yeah, my buddy is on the board. But he isn't very active on the forum anymore. It's a modified PL kit and made over 900whp. I don't remember the exact number anymore.

P.S. BTW, I'm not talking about the Intense widebody G. This is a customer's car that's a 350Z.
I wouldn't have guessed it's the intense car because I'm pretty sure they cracked a sleeve?

So there are powerlab kits making power other than the intense G! That's good.

I'm curious to see how this turbo matches up. I'd like to see it flow out to 8.5k and have decent transient response (although I'll definitely setup the boost to roll in)

EDIT:
tonewise im going for something similar to the mazworx car:

Last edited by Resmarted; 07-17-2012 at 08:27 PM.

Quick Reply: I've got a build or something *PICS*