Notices
Forced Induction Turbochargers and Superchargers..Got Boost?

New to this forum

Search this Thread

Old 10-29-2012, 04:48 PM
Resmarted

Received 64 Likes on 49 Posts

Originally Posted by Nismo350z#0310
Looks like you're taking way to much time out of your day to try to post random pics to somehow say I'm being "raped." I see no real information to base any of your arguments, just personal opinion. And everyone has one. Come back kid when you can give me real information. The kit is overpriced. I've not found one Greddy build that has produced more power or reliability than a GTM kit. And I've done a hell a lot of research to just burn 17gs of my own money. You feel me.
a) stfu that was directed to op
b) you need to learn how to search
c) this is how the threads work in the fi section, if you weren't new here you'd know.
d) it takes about 5 minutes of work to post pictures like i did, which is still more time than it would take to search for the answers
e) im not your servant, and nobody here thinks you deserve a free answer so get it yourself
Old 10-29-2012, 04:53 PM
Resmarted

Looks like you're taking way to much time out of your day to try to post random pics to somehow say I'm being "raped." I see no real information to base any of your arguments, just personal opinion. And everyone has one. Come back kid when you can give me real information. The kit is overpriced. I've not found one Greddy build that has produced more power or reliability than a GTM kit. And I've done a hell a lot of research to just burn 17gs of my own money. You feel me.
furthermore, im not the only one who says get the greddy kit. had you done any actual research you could answer the question yourself. at the end of the day, you're always going to get someones opinion regardless what question or part you ask about. if you had actually searched you would have seen gtms track record with parts etc. again if you want more substancial evidence gtfo and get it your self. ive posted my opinions on gtm several times on this board alongside many other people. you are one lazy *** noob
Old 10-29-2012, 06:50 PM
Nismo350z#0310

Received 562 Likes on 441 Posts

Originally Posted by Resmarted
furthermore, im not the only one who says get the greddy kit. had you done any actual research you could answer the question yourself. at the end of the day, you're always going to get someones opinion regardless what question or part you ask about. if you had actually searched you would have seen gtms track record with parts etc. again if you want more substancial evidence gtfo and get it your self. ive posted my opinions on gtm several times on this board alongside many other people. you are one lazy *** noob
I've done about 3 years of research on the FI including read countless reviews on each kit here and a few other sources. Every vendor and shop I have consulted with has pointed me towards the GTM kit for both the quality of their kit and the reliability to make big power. I've got plenty of information and evidence to make my decision nor have I asked any questions in this thread. I'm a lazy noob? You are an illiterate noob. I haven't asked any questions regarding a kit.

Last edited by Nismo350z#0310; 10-29-2012 at 06:54 PM.
Old 10-30-2012, 03:31 AM
Resmarted

I've done about 3 years of research on the FI including read countless reviews on each kit here and a few other sources. Every vendor and shop I have consulted with has pointed me towards the GTM kit for both the quality of their kit and the reliability to make big power. I've got plenty of information and evidence to make my decision nor have I asked any questions in this thread. I'm a lazy noob? You are an illiterate noob. I haven't asked any questions regarding a kit.
Just because I post on my phone, doesn't mean I'm literally incompetent. In fact, I'm technically competent in SAE documents and related texts. I do have a full English college education.
I thought you were asking between the gtm or the greddy kit. Simple mistake. That being said:
Don't point the noob finger, when you have absolutely nothing to show for yourself aside from a factory given number. Furthermore if we want to start talking research, most of these members trump you by many years, me included (started back in 2004, when the only sleeve kit was made by AEBS). And I quickly learned, all that is a moot point. Research gives you a knowledge base, and helps you decide the best way to spend your money, or rather waste it depending on who you ask. Until you start pulling your car apart and making things happen, you're just a bench racer. Like I said, I quickly learned that the hard way. This platform and engine combo exacerbates that notion.

But back to a productive point:
The GTM kit is known to have fitment issues. And on our chassis, if you worked on the car yourself you'd understand, this can become a real nightmare. If you're paying someone to install the kit, it may not be as much of a concern, but to many of us it is a concern. Besides the fact that nobody has actually created the power GTM claims any of their kits to produce.
The greddy kit has been relatively the same since it came out back in 02/03, for a good reason. It works. Turbos are properly sized for the car, the 20gs have proven themselves to make power too. The manifolds are robust, and aside from a wastegate placement mistake that only becomes an issue on high boost levels, the kit is practically flawless.
If you're so keen on the GTM kit being superior, please be my guest, buy it. It's your money, and your decision. If it doesn't fit and suddenly that used greddy kit in the FS section sounds like a much wiser decision, just don't come back crying in the forums about it.
Old 10-30-2012, 04:27 AM
Nismo350z#0310

Just because I post on my phone, doesn't mean I'm literally incompetent. In fact, I'm technically competent in SAE documents and related texts. I do have a full English college education.
I thought you were asking between the gtm or the greddy kit. Simple mistake. That being said:
Don't point the noob finger, when you have absolutely nothing to show for yourself aside from a factory given number. Furthermore if we want to start talking research, most of these members trump you by many years, me included (started back in 2004, when the only sleeve kit was made by AEBS). And I quickly learned, all that is a moot point. Research gives you a knowledge base, and helps you decide the best way to spend your money, or rather waste it depending on who you ask. Until you start pulling your car apart and making things happen, you're just a bench racer. Like I said, I quickly learned that the hard way. This platform and engine combo exacerbates that notion.

But back to a productive point:
The GTM kit is known to have fitment issues. And on our chassis, if you worked on the car yourself you'd understand, this can become a real nightmare. If you're paying someone to install the kit, it may not be as much of a concern, but to many of us it is a concern. Besides the fact that nobody has actually created the power GTM claims any of their kits to produce.
The greddy kit has been relatively the same since it came out back in 02/03, for a good reason. It works. Turbos are properly sized for the car, the 20gs have proven themselves to make power too. The manifolds are robust, and aside from a wastegate placement mistake that only becomes an issue on high boost levels, the kit is practically flawless.
If you're so keen on the GTM kit being superior, please be my guest, buy it. It's your money, and your decision. If it doesn't fit and suddenly that used greddy kit in the FS section sounds like a much wiser decision, just don't come back crying in the forums about it.

I have a problem with the bolded statements. Manly because you have no idea what you're talking about. You don't know me so it's pure assumption. The bigger problem I have is most people (and I'm sure you as well) judge people's understanding based on your amount of time as a member on this forum. Lastly, if anyone had a used Greddy kit for the HR system, seeing the cost would be much lower, I'd purchase it, but I've never seen a used HR Greddy kit yet for sale. And I've heard many rumors on the inconsistencies in honesty on sold used products on this forum.

Last edited by Nismo350z#0310; 10-30-2012 at 04:31 AM.
Old 10-30-2012, 07:33 AM
TopgunZ

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I have a problem with the bolded statements. Manly because you have no idea what you're talking about. You don't know me so it's pure assumption. The bigger problem I have is most people (and I'm sure you as well) judge people's understanding based on your amount of time as a member on this forum. Lastly, if anyone had a used Greddy kit for the HR system, seeing the cost would be much lower, I'd purchase it, but I've never seen a used HR Greddy kit yet for sale. And I've heard many rumors on the inconsistencies in honesty on sold used products on this forum.

In bold Well there you have it. Nobody wants to part with their kit since it doesnt have any issues.
Old 10-30-2012, 12:13 PM
Nismo350z#0310

Originally Posted by TopgunZ
In bold Well there you have it. Nobody wants to part with their kit since it doesnt have any issues.
That or the fact not a lot of people drop 10Gs on a tuner turbo kit.

EDIT: I've went back and looked at the for sales in the turbo section. I found 2 for sale in the past 8 months I searched. Problems are they are either incomplete or there is just sketchy "stories" or parts in the sale. I myself wouldn't take any chances with a used Greddy kit. Or really any kit for sale. Too much unknowns.

Last edited by Nismo350z#0310; 10-30-2012 at 12:16 PM.
Old 10-30-2012, 11:29 PM
Resmarted

I have confidence in the use parts I've bought on this forum. Transmission, driveshaft, haltech, injectors, headstuds, master/slave cylinder. Had a bad block, but that was due to an impurity in the sleeve, which no-one could have forseen/was from nissan.

If you question the seller enough you can get to the bottom of any mysteries pretty easily. If they don't provide the info you want, you don't buy. Simple as that.

I have no idea what I'm talking about because I think you haven't built a z? I see a user with a bunch of weekend job bolt-ons in his signature backing the products of one of the worst shops still in the game, and no build in sight.

Furthermore you advertise getting the momentum kit, which was not a good kit. In comparison to a Boosted Performance kit it's a joke. To me it's like a modern turbonetics kit with better fab.

You don't seem to realize you get what you pay for with these turbo kits...
Old 10-31-2012, 04:38 AM
Nismo350z#0310

I have confidence in the use parts I've bought on this forum. Transmission, driveshaft, haltech, injectors, headstuds, master/slave cylinder. Had a bad block, but that was due to an impurity in the sleeve, which no-one could have forseen/was from nissan.

If you question the seller enough you can get to the bottom of any mysteries pretty easily. If they don't provide the info you want, you don't buy. Simple as that.

I have no idea what I'm talking about because I think you haven't built a z? I see a user with a bunch of weekend job bolt-ons in his signature backing the products of one of the worst shops still in the game, and no build in sight.

Furthermore you advertise getting the momentum kit, which was not a good kit. In comparison to a Boosted Performance kit it's a joke. To me it's like a modern turbonetics kit with better fab.

You don't seem to realize you get what you pay for with these turbo kits...
I'm assuming you're refering to Z1Motorsports? Strong words bro. Not really sure what to say there. That's a pretty bold statement, especially for a shop I'd thought I'd promote do to the extremely well customer attention and good experience I've had with them. Have you, yourself, had prior experience with them? I'd hope you're not just going on heresay for such a strong statement. And as of right now my build is in my bank account. I don't see the point in building a 500-600whp automobile in the dead of winter. Do you, Mr. Experience? It will more than likely be spring time.
Old 10-31-2012, 06:45 AM
Cass007
350Z-holic

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Old 11-01-2012, 01:26 AM
Resmarted

I'm assuming you're refering to Z1Motorsports? Strong words bro. Not really sure what to say there. That's a pretty bold statement, especially for a shop I'd thought I'd promote do to the extremely well customer attention and good experience I've had with them. Have you, yourself, had prior experience with them? I'd hope you're not just going on heresay for such a strong statement. And as of right now my build is in my bank account. I don't see the point in building a 500-600whp automobile in the dead of winter. Do you, Mr. Experience? It will more than likely be spring time.
i clearly was talking about gtm. and most people build in the winter because winter is long and you cant drive the car anyway, thus giving you free time to pull the car apart. then come spring when you can drive the car, its running. you obviously dont have a clue how long a build takes or the amount of work that goes in it. im not mr experience but i stay by my notion that you are not one to speak even in the lightest use of the word.
get back to me when youve done something worthwhile to your vehicle, untill then you're in the exact same boat as the dreamers you try to oppose.
Old 11-01-2012, 06:32 AM
Nismo350z#0310

i clearly was talking about gtm. and most people build in the winter because winter is long and you cant drive the car anyway, thus giving you free time to pull the car apart. then come spring when you can drive the car, its running. you obviously dont have a clue how long a build takes or the amount of work that goes in it. im not mr experience but i stay by my notion that you are not one to speak even in the lightest use of the word.
get back to me when youve done something worthwhile to your vehicle, untill then you're in the exact same boat as the dreamers you try to oppose.
Yes, I do. Just getting the kit and internals will take me months. I will tag your name in my build thread as topic for discussion when this goes down.

Edit: Btw, GTM isn't in my signature. So

Last edited by Nismo350z#0310; 11-01-2012 at 06:34 AM.
Old 11-01-2012, 10:28 AM
Elperuano

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Lol @ one of the worst shops still in the game.. Sounds like one of those oxy morons i.e. pretty ugly!
Find it hard to believe any shop with the word worst associated to it would be as you say "still in the game"
Personal opinion yes, definitely not a fact.
Old 11-01-2012, 11:58 AM
Nismo350z#0310

Resmarted:

I would like to discuss something with you though.

I'm looking through your build thread and I noticed you are running the Spec clutch.

I have been trying to decide on a clutch that could beat around the track with 500-600whp. currently shopping the Spec Twin-disc SS-trim.

What's your take on the spec clutch? Feel, strength, etc etc.

Edit: Also noticed your running long tube headers with a rear mount turbo. Very rare setup. I'm assuming this is a Dynasty kit or your own customized kit? Very nice man.

Last edited by Nismo350z#0310; 11-01-2012 at 12:00 PM.
Old 11-01-2012, 07:49 PM
Resmarted

Resmarted:

I would like to discuss something with you though.

I'm looking through your build thread and I noticed you are running the Spec clutch.

I have been trying to decide on a clutch that could beat around the track with 500-600whp. currently shopping the Spec Twin-disc SS-trim.

What's your take on the spec clutch? Feel, strength, etc etc.

Edit: Also noticed your running long tube headers with a rear mount turbo. Very rare setup. I'm assuming this is a Dynasty kit or your own customized kit? Very nice man.
I can't give you any opinion about the feel of the clutch, because the car isn't running yet. But from what other users said depending on the material/trim of the twin disc it's very street-able/capable of slipping fairly well, but the higher hp trims have a more aggressive material and are less friendly. I'm willing to bet that the lowest trim would be a good match for you (hold the power) and be quite street-able. I'm also willing to bet it could be completely streetable with the RJM clutch pedal modification, which I also can't give any feedback on because my car isn't running, but FWIW I bought one for the sake of drive-ability.

About my kit, it's an odd version of a midmount, not rear mount. The turbo sits about 4ish inches behind the transmission crossmember. It is a custom one off, but has a few potentially serious drawbacks, mainly being the clearance between the turbo and the ground, and the other being temperature of the turbo/proximity to driveshaft etc. There is also a lot of chargepiping that snakes around (but it is full 3"), and I mounted my intercooler behind the crash support (which will reduce cooling for the sake of "crash safety"). But these are compromises I'm willing to make for my goals.

I'm sure dynosty could make something similar if you wanted them too, but you'd definitely be best off just buying a Boosted Performance kit. I guarantee it will perform, and IMHO is the best single turbo kit you can possibly buy.

Anyway, if you search you can find the members who use the super twin and ask them how they feel about it.

@Elperuano, a shop that misleads customers, doesn't deliver a single time on super high cost/high profile builds, flat out lies about what their components do, over charge for many products and services, and then don't readily back up their work to me is a bad shop. They are still in the game because they are the only 350z shop in california that has experience with high hp turbo Z's. Hills garage etc have experience with z's but they aren't nearly as popular, and I'm not sure how deep their experience goes.
I'd much rather get my parts/components from dynosty and go to a well known tuning shop like SP engineering than go to gtm. And yes you are right, that's an opinion, not a fact. But just because a shop is in the game doesn't mean they are good. If you search around this board you will find plenty of (usually poorly informed) customers leg humping gtm and a lot of naysayers/doubters/and "haters"

Now that this thread has been successfully jacked... I think we can just close it up lol.
Old 11-18-2012, 02:17 PM
ogiehooker

Received 10 Likes on 6 Posts
Default poor fitt GTM IC pipes

...down with that..GTM quality is suspect, from their labor to over oriced parts and services to shltty customer service...GTM TT kit at SFR being rebuilt while new from GTM...Am told even with a tube front end the IC piping wasn't right and it is being cut and rewelded to fit-same with the blowoff valves......don't think it's going to work correctly right out of the box...been there, done that......

Having worked with GTM for over 1.5 yrs and nothing to show for it, they can't be trusted to get much right....Tim has a good TT setup at SFR..wish I had gone that route but.......
Old 11-18-2012, 02:27 PM
Nismo350z#0310

Originally Posted by ogiehooker
...down with that..GTM quality is suspect, from their labor to over oriced parts and services to shltty customer service...GTM TT kit at SFR being rebuilt while new from GTM...Am told even with a tube front end the IC piping wasn't right and it is being cut and rewelded to fit-same with the blowoff valves......don't think it's going to work correctly right out of the box...been there, done that......

Having worked with GTM for over 1.5 yrs and nothing to show for it, they can't be trusted to get much right....Tim has a good TT setup at SFR..wish I had gone that route but.......
I've heard from just about everyone that its the fitting that's the problem with GTM. Quality is good, Customer Service is also suspect. I'm going with them because they have proven reliable power, its hard to make 440whp right out of the box on stock engine with 600 cc injectors, fuel pump, and UpRev tune. Which their stage 1 and 2 have proven to do time and time again. Only other option for that ease of power is Greddy and I'm not willing to shell out $2,500 for the same power.
Old 11-18-2012, 02:33 PM
ogiehooker

Default GTM

just sayin'......After the ***** I have been through with them and the 2-3 thousand dollars of my parts that they lost/stole, 26K TT stroker engine build done incorrectly, lazy azz work ethic, and Sam being a LIAR, I won't do business with anyone like that regardless if his ***** don't stink or not.....you want to do business with *******s and thieves, go right ahead..ill open tha door for ya'....keep a hand on your walllet....
Old 11-18-2012, 02:35 PM
ogiehooker

Default TT kit

by the way, if Tim wasn't so far along on my build, i'd sell you my new, never started GTM stage 4 kit and go with SFR but...Im too far down that road..I don't want to have a dang thang on my car by GTM anymore....

There it is.
Old 11-18-2012, 03:52 PM
Nismo350z#0310

Originally Posted by ogiehooker
by the way, if Tim wasn't so far along on my build, i'd sell you my new, never started GTM stage 4 kit and go with SFR but...Im too far down that road..I don't want to have a dang thang on my car by GTM anymore....

There it is.
To all the people I've talked to, and the shop doing my install whose done 3 GTM kits theyve never had any problems except for the pipping not match up well. Sound like a horror story though. Do you have an HR? Because us guys dont have much of a choice and Im not anywhere near a place that can custom make one.

Quick Reply: New to this forum