Notices
Forced Induction Turbochargers and Superchargers..Got Boost?

I need help with horsepower.

Search this Thread

Old 10-23-2012, 11:15 AM
sportbiketed

Received 13 Likes on 13 Posts

Originally Posted by Nice6shot
Ok, thanks for the advise guys lol. If I understand this correctly from your guy's replies, the 350z isn't worth building for mass horsepower. I have about 15k to do it but wasn't sure what internals would be best to buy (I have a spare motor that I was going to enhance). Looks like I picked a bad car to wanna go fast in lol so I'm guessing I'll have to sell the Z and buy something else like Sti, M3 or supra. Thanks for the help everyone, I appreciate the PM I received, the thread has very useful info. N btw, to the guy with the HIV comment, not cool man. I hope your mother and/or sister gets violently gangbanged and inpreganted by your father so you can finally have a real life friend and futute lover. Thanks again to all the replies back
With $15k I would sell the Z for $10k and buy a $25k procharged C5 vette.
/thread

Last edited by sportbiketed; 10-23-2012 at 11:54 AM.
Old 10-23-2012, 11:53 AM
Nismo350z#0310

Received 562 Likes on 441 Posts

Originally Posted by RUNWDVL
T-66 turbo, nos and motech system exhaust.
3 Spoon engines too!!!
Old 10-23-2012, 01:37 PM
DaveJackson
Master

Received 58 Likes on 49 Posts

OP is a glorious, winged "futute lover".
Old 10-23-2012, 03:41 PM
Elperuano

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Ok, thanks for the advise guys lol. If I understand this correctly from your guy's replies, the 350z isn't worth building for mass horsepower. I have about 15k to do it but wasn't sure what internals would be best to buy (I have a spare motor that I was going to enhance). Looks like I picked a bad car to wanna go fast in lol so I'm guessing I'll have to sell the Z and buy something else like Sti, M3 or supra. Thanks for the help everyone, I appreciate the PM I received, the thread has very useful info. N btw, to the guy with the HIV comment, not cool man. I hope your mother and/or sister gets violently gangbanged and inpreganted by your father so you can finally have a real life friend and futute lover. Thanks again to all the replies back
Wow, he came back strong! As Dane Cook said, Your move holy man!
Old 10-23-2012, 03:53 PM
hellman_x

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Might be a Caliber guy in disguise.
Old 10-23-2012, 04:23 PM
terrasmak
Super Moderator
MY350Z.COM

Received 2,298 Likes on 1,655 Posts

If I understand this correctly from your guy's replies, the 350z isn't worth building for mass horsepower. I have about 15k to do it but wasn't sure what internals would be best to buy (I have a spare motor that I was going to enhance). Looks like I picked a bad car to wanna go fast in lol so I'm guessing I'll have to sell the Z and buy something else like Sti, M3 or supra.
450hp can be built sum what reliable on your budget. Our 600 HP sti blew up just about every weekend at the track. m3 I know nothing about , but like a Z they are pretty quick stock. Supra, easy to do but boring, unless your a drag queen.

So what do you want a 600 to 750 HP car for, dragging rights, track, street credit.
Old 10-23-2012, 05:25 PM
jerryd87

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

no, just no, you DID NOT search because this is guaranteed to have at least 3 or 4 threads on the first search page alone unless you are stupid which so far seems viable. if you cant search you cant handle the power so move on and go try rock farming probably be a better hobby for you.
Hello everyone and how are you guys. This is my first post so please don't bash me that hard and yes, I used the search button but couldn't find what I was looking for lol. Anyways, could anyone give me an idea what parts I would have to buy to make the motor that comes in a 2003 350z achieve a horsepower rating between 600- 750hp? I'm not worried about the turbo kit at the moment, just interested what all would I need to make the motor handle that amount of power. Any help or advise will be greatly appreciated and thanks for reading everyone.
Old 10-23-2012, 05:34 PM
jerryd87

again you show stupidity since supra's are not cheap to mod either, sure internals arnt really required(although some over on the supra forums would argue to put some rods and pistons in anyway) but everything else is alot more expensive. m3 im not familiar with but i cant imagine it being cheap either considering the price of the car alone. seems like you have lofty goals with a small budget and choose high priced cars.....................
Old 10-23-2012, 07:43 PM
binder

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

so I'm guessing I'll have to sell the Z and buy something else like Sti, M3 or supra.
Sti will never be fast with any amount of money.

M3 is a bmw and will require tons of money to have high hp. It can be made fast around a track though.

15k is pocket change in the supra world so good luck with that.

so no, the money of your z plus 15k is not enough to make any of those cars fast.
Old 10-23-2012, 09:19 PM
Nice6shot

Ha, I'm not stupid man. Every thread I searched didn't have the information and details that I am looking for. They explain how their particular set up was done and what methods/tweaks that they had to do to achieve their goal hp. If you weren't so stupid to actually have read my question, I was asking advise for a parts list that includes recommend brands and what overall is a must like low compression pistons made by whomever, 600cc or 1000cc injectors, and etc. Just to give everyone a heads up, I really appreciate all the actual post that are usefull to my question. I was only wanting to spend 15k beefing the motor up (just incase any were wondering, 15k in motor only). All together, I have almost 35k saved up including the 15k so I wanted to make the 350z my monster. I really love the car so I wanted to make it special. I have enough money to buy all the cars I stated without selling the Z. I live in the Chicagoland area where I can find an M3 and Supra for under 20k. I would rather not have to go that route because I'm a die hard Nissan fanantic.
Old 10-23-2012, 10:06 PM
jerryd87

bolded is why you will get flamed for being retarded because every single thread actually does answer your question. i mean seriously the exact same parts on every built dosnt give you a clue? my 9 year old sister can look at this forum and figure that out without asking and she dosnt know **** about cars. heck i think im the only oddball running different pistons but i have different goals, theres tons of builds in different power "brackets" on different fuels that if you cannot gather a good parts list then you shouldnt be building it anyway and should just pay someone who knows and trust their advice. 15k wont hit your goal not even close, ive got 25k tied up doing all the worst myself for the goal your after and i should have spent about 1500 on a better clutch to start.

on the m3/supra deal sure, you can get the car for that but lets not forget about the 15k just to hit around 500 to the wheels in the supra mayby not even that since your not considering any of the supporting mods, the 350z and supra are on par for cost to modify so either way you will spend about the same. m3 like i said before i dont have experience with but a quick google search tells me its going to cost you more for that platform then either the 350 or the supra.

so yes you are stupid because you have done NO searching OR research on any platform you have mentioned so far. the best you can do is take the advice from the people who actually do make bigger power on the z(especially since most of us actually run around with the boost turned down that should tell you something right there). the people who are calling you retarded and telling you that you should go die are the people who your asking what parts to use because they are the one who have already done it, its not just random trolls with a stock z.

Ha, I'm not stupid man. Every thread I searched didn't have the information and details that I am looking for. They explain how their particular set up was done and what methods/tweaks that they had to do to achieve their goal hp. If you weren't so stupid to actually have read my question, I was asking advise for a parts list that includes recommend brands and what overall is a must like low compression pistons made by whomever, 600cc or 1000cc injectors, and etc. Just to give everyone a heads up, I really appreciate all the actual post that are usefull to my question. I was only wanting to spend 15k beefing the motor up (just incase any were wondering, 15k in motor only). All together, I have almost 35k saved up including the 15k so I wanted to make the 350z my monster. I really love the car so I wanted to make it special. I have enough money to buy all the cars I stated without selling the Z. I live in the Chicagoland area where I can find an M3 and Supra for under 20k. I would rather not have to go that route because I'm a die hard Nissan fanantic.

Last edited by jerryd87; 10-23-2012 at 10:09 PM.
Old 10-23-2012, 11:12 PM
Nice6shot

Lol, you mad bro? Look Jerry, I have went thru multiple threads and have read what parts they are using and etc. Sure, I could just purchase what someone else used in their turboing thread but you don't seem to be understanding my question clearly. I know you must've heard the term "Damn, I should bought the other one instead of these sh*tty ones!". With knowledge like yours, you could help me with particular brands off parts. I've did my research and know what's mainly needed already but with someone that has experience might tell me the good, bad, and worst manufacturers to go. I buy all parts from eBay and online store so there are multiple brands that could just be a waste purchasing. I'm not trying to be a bother to anyone in case you guys my question is dumb or whatnot. Btw Jerry, your the only person that's called me retarded so far. It's cool tho, no hard feelings

Last edited by Nice6shot; 10-23-2012 at 11:14 PM.
Old 10-23-2012, 11:51 PM
jerryd87

mad? hardly my car runs fine and how i want it to, just gotta swap the clutch for the one sitting on the table during christmas block leave so i can turn the boost back up to 32 psi. but hey wanna know a secret,shhhhhh dont tell anyone but no on is going to repeat the exact same thing thats already in there build thread. the people who wish they bought something else mention it, but guess what? the platform has been around awhile the stuff that people dont like dosnt appear in anyones build threads. see utec in many build threads? no, hmmmmm must be a reason.

nope not the only one others are just more subtle, although ill admit no one is as awesome as alberto at insulting people, god damn art form for him. bottom line this is the FI forum, you can post this thread a million times and you will just get banned the only reason this is still open is because the mods like to let us have our fun insulting people who read and are unable to think "oh well 50 people all use this part and like it, it must be good." or "oh wow people insist on going with this part above this power level, mayby i should use that."

want some knowledge? go read some of my threads and actually learn something, i know learned is a new concept but its no difficult i promise. the people who are running big power did it so can you, know how many parts i asked "which should i buy?" for? none because i used the thing called the search button to find out what people use on this specific platform(such as eagle rods up to certain power levels, domestic guys break them far sooner then say this or a supra does.) awwww look i was nice and spoon fed you some information.
Lol, you mad bro? Look Jerry, I have went thru multiple threads and have read what parts they are using and etc. Sure, I could just purchase what someone else used in their turboing thread but you don't seem to be understanding my question clearly. I know you must've heard the term "Damn, I should bought the other one instead of these sh*tty ones!". With knowledge like yours, you could help me with particular brands off parts. I've did my research and know what's mainly needed already but with someone that has experience might tell me the good, bad, and worst manufacturers to go. I buy all parts from eBay and online store so there are multiple brands that could just be a waste purchasing. I'm not trying to be a bother to anyone in case you guys my question is dumb or whatnot. Btw Jerry, your the only person that's called me retarded so far. It's cool tho, no hard feelings

Last edited by jerryd87; 10-24-2012 at 12:01 AM.
Old 10-24-2012, 12:48 AM
Chadro

Supra, Hands down. Supra Supra Supra!
Old 10-24-2012, 01:19 AM
Nice6shot

Ha, sorry if I'm annoying to you Jerry. I have decided to just keep the Z stock. After doing a little browsing, I've decided that I'm gonna try to put the 35k down on a local GTR and finance the remaining amount. It's priced at 80k tho but hell, at least I'll have a badass car lol. Thanks everyone for the replies.

Last edited by Nice6shot; 10-24-2012 at 01:21 AM.
Old 10-24-2012, 01:56 AM
KingBaby
Hardest Setting

Received 130 Likes on 102 Posts

Shut the **** up...

Please buy a GT-R!

******* idiots these days, you won't be able to afford the maintenance.

Please prove me wrong?
Old 10-24-2012, 02:02 AM
topnotchg

Originally Posted by KingBaby
Shut the **** up...

Please buy a GT-R!

******* idiots these days, you won't be able to afford the maintenance.

Please prove me wrong?
LOL that's assuming he can afford the GTR. Which I'm sure he can't. Wonder if he even has a Z.
Old 10-24-2012, 02:17 AM
Nice6shot

FYi bro, I could just flat out buy the GTR if I wanted to but it would take almost all of my bankroll to purchase it. You'd be surprised what a person that plays poker for a living makes.... I grew up building cars with my father so maintenance wouldn't be a problem unless it HAS to be done at a dealership. Btw, I actually do have a Z lol. Also had an s13&s14 240sx too with an rb25 in the s14 and sr20 in the s13.

Last edited by Nice6shot; 10-24-2012 at 02:20 AM.
Old 10-24-2012, 02:26 AM
KingBaby
Hardest Setting

Received 130 Likes on 102 Posts

You grew up building cars?

Family is disappointed?

Old 10-24-2012, 02:54 AM
Nice6shot

Ya, I'm the black sheep of the family. Their V8 and supercharger only people so once they heard I like imports and what turbos can do, they started speaking nonsense and now consider me a p*ssy for chosing imports over domestics so ya.

Quick Reply: I need help with horsepower.