Notices
Forced Induction Turbochargers and Superchargers..Got Boost?

SOHO Single Turbo Kit: My Honest Review!!

Search this Thread

Old 02-13-2013, 09:19 AM
Kevin@SOHO

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Also if anyone one on here has any further questions after my long winded response feel free to ask and I will address them to the best of my knowledge. I will leave no stone unturned in fixing this problem. We really do have an impressive kit, last week we made 400hp / 400tq with just a Motordyne spacer at only 4.7 psi! (We will be posting about that later this week, as this issue is my number one priority currently). I dont want this cluster**** that we have unfortunately created to take away from how good the kit itself really is. Im overly honest to a fault sometimes so I can assure you I will tell you anything you would like to know guys. I will be monitoring this non stop to answer questions as quickly as they come. Thanks everyone
Old 02-13-2013, 09:25 AM
Nismo350z#0310

Received 562 Likes on 441 Posts

Originally Posted by thatv35guy
A good turbo kit should be able to be installed by anyone, not just the manufacturer… that’s just poor manufacturing. And the fact that it was a “partial” kit means absolutely nothing, the turbo they use is just an off the shelf Garrett, same with the BOV and Wastegate, nothing special there…
Absolutely, I agree with you. But that doesn't mean companies like S&R or SOHO agree. I wish I could give SOHO the benefit of the doubt because I know a cluster F it can be starting a new business and having more on your plate than you can handle. It's unfortunate because it seems like they are working hard to create something good within the Z community. I think this is just the case of a new company diving head first into the platform. Also might still be lacking processes and procedures to insure things like this don't happen.

Last edited by Nismo350z#0310; 02-13-2013 at 09:30 AM.
Old 02-13-2013, 09:27 AM
Nismo350z#0310

Originally Posted by Kevin@SOHO
Also if anyone one on here has any further questions after my long winded response feel free to ask and I will address them to the best of my knowledge. I will leave no stone unturned in fixing this problem. We really do have an impressive kit, last week we made 400hp / 400tq with just a Motordyne spacer at only 4.7 psi! (We will be posting about that later this week, as this issue is my number one priority currently). I dont want this cluster**** that we have unfortunately created to take away from how good the kit itself really is. Im overly honest to a fault sometimes so I can assure you I will tell you anything you would like to know guys. I will be monitoring this non stop to answer questions as quickly as they come. Thanks everyone
I've spoke with Nick personally as well and you all seem like honest, hard working people.

I hope our community gives you the benefit of the doubt as it seems you have many positive things to add to our platform and very good services.
Old 02-13-2013, 10:10 AM
Kevin@SOHO

As a result of this issue we are implementing a system of checks not only when packaging and shipping a kit but also in procedure to insure that all of our kits are complete and that our customers are much more well informed with more regular emails and contact to keep them up to date as much as humanly possible. We will never let this happen again, that I am sure of. Thank you for anyone who understands that we are working hard to resolve these issues and hopefully in the future this may be a mere speed bump in the past, with Anthony having a perfect kit like we expect him to want and expect ourselves to deliver. Our customers and our product quality are at the utmost importance to us as you can tell by reading out long winded turbo write up here - http://sohomotorsports.com/turbo.php We are implementing changes so that way all of our customers from our online or forums sales, to in shop customers, to turbo kit and engine customers in an effort to make sure nothing like this could possible ever occur again and to make sure our customer service is perfect. Thank you, and please as I said feel free to ask any questions or concerns.
Old 02-13-2013, 10:44 AM
Resmarted

Received 64 Likes on 49 Posts

Originally Posted by Nismo350z#0310
Having put funds in FI as well I understand how much this must suck, but I have to say I saw it coming a mile away. Guy buys "partial" kit from new company because for some reason already had various parts and wanting it to fit headers not meant for kit. First customer more than likely will be trial by fire. This kit is like S&Rs, it was meant to be installed in-house by SOHO so they could deal with all the bull. They shouldn't have told you it fit the headers though. That's a little sketchy. I feel bad for you man. There's another member on here that got the kit installed by SOHO and everything is doing great.

Give us some updates on what transpires. I was gonna have some work done by them, may rethink that.
The irony of your post is soo immense it's awesome

OP call the BBB. Or at least tell SOHO you will.
Old 02-13-2013, 11:15 AM
Nismo350z#0310

Originally Posted by Resmarted

OP call the BBB. Or at least tell SOHO you will.
They've already said they will do what it takes to make him whole. Or maybe you didn't read.
Old 02-13-2013, 12:33 PM
datboyvinh

This is my response to the email sent this morning.

I texted Nik directly because that is who I have been talking to this whole transaction.

Please understand where I am coming from when I tell you this, it is a little too late for an apology. You basically lied to me when you first said the kit will fit momentum headers. In actuality you never have test fitted the kit with the headers.*

In the end you wasted my time and money. And some more because time is money. *Am I correct?*

I have asked you multiple times prior and during the transaction, because I could tell it just did not fit. You could have at least been honest once and told me that we are not certain because we currently do not have the kit fitted with momentum headers. Instead u used a PAID customer's car as a guinea pig to test fit, just because you had a hunch it will fit.*

Truly not a great way to do business.*
And yes I want a refund.*

Idk why you are even mentioning another company's turbo kit. This is about your company and your kit. I not once said anything about momentum single turbo kit let alone compared the two.*
Old 02-13-2013, 12:43 PM
2004Black350z
Exhaust Whore

Received 17 Likes on 15 Posts

Popcorn in the microwave
Old 02-13-2013, 02:01 PM
str8dum1

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Never try to install a SFR or SP kit then. I wish my install was as straight forward as yours

Basically any 1 off kit like S&R, Soho, SFR, etc needs to built on the car. What you experienced is the same fitment issues that GTM kits still have as well as early greddy and turbonetics. BP has had a number of iterations in his piping as well. Sucks you were the guinea pig, but its not uncommon for 1st production run kits straight off the jigs.
Old 02-13-2013, 02:05 PM
Resmarted

Received 64 Likes on 49 Posts

They've already said they will do what it takes to make him whole. Or maybe you didn't read.
LOL

No noob. The GTM kits fit this poorly sometimes worse.

Originally Posted by str8dum1
What you experienced is the same fitment issues that GTM kits still have as well as early greddy and turbonetics.
The very post above me.

EDIT:

Because I know you won't understand what I was saying... It's ironic you "saw it coming a mile away" because you bought a kit that you refuse to believe will fit like crap.

Last edited by Resmarted; 02-13-2013 at 02:07 PM.
Old 02-13-2013, 02:20 PM
Nismo350z#0310

LOL

No noob. The GTM kits fit this poorly sometimes worse.

The very post above me.

EDIT:
Because I know you won't understand what I was saying... It's ironic you "saw it coming a mile away" because you bought a kit that you refuse to believe will fit like crap.
No, I'm aware of the complaints it's not a well fitting kit.
Old 02-13-2013, 03:14 PM
tbruner

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Ouch sucks to hear it. Hope everything goes your way OP
Old 02-13-2013, 06:53 PM
RudeG_v2.0
でたらめ検出器

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Having put funds in FI as well I understand how much this must suck, but I have to say I saw it coming a mile away. Guy buys "partial" kit from new company because for some reason already had various parts and wanting it to fit headers not meant for kit. First customer more than likely will be trial by fire. This kit is like S&Rs, it was meant to be installed in-house by SOHO so they could deal with all the bull. They shouldn't have told you it fit the headers though. That's a little sketchy. I feel bad for you man. There's another member on here that got the kit installed by SOHO and everything is doing great.

Give us some updates on what transpires. I was gonna have some work done by them, may rethink that.
Originally Posted by thatv35guy
A good turbo kit should be able to be installed by anyone, not just the manufacturer… that’s just poor manufacturing. And the fact that it was a “partial” kit means absolutely nothing, the turbo they use is just an off the shelf Garrett, same with the BOV and Wastegate, nothing special there…
Absolutely, I agree with you. But that doesn't mean companies like S&R or SOHO agree. I wish I could give SOHO the benefit of the doubt because I know a cluster F it can be starting a new business and having more on your plate than you can handle. It's unfortunate because it seems like they are working hard to create something good within the Z community. I think this is just the case of a new company diving head first into the platform. Also might still be lacking processes and procedures to insure things like this don't happen.
ZOMG...
Name:  lmao.jpg
Views: 2394
Size:  10.3 KB

+1
Old 02-13-2013, 07:31 PM
rcdash

Received 65 Likes on 56 Posts

Decent response from vendor. Gotta follow through with refund if the customer no longer wants to deal... Lose-lose for you both but could be worse.
Old 02-13-2013, 07:42 PM
RudeG_v2.0
でたらめ検出器

Originally Posted by rcdash
Decent response from vendor. Gotta follow through with refund if the customer no longer wants to deal... Lose-lose for you both but could be worse.
Old 02-13-2013, 07:48 PM
Nismo350z#0310

Rude, bring something relevant to the topic or GTFO.
Old 02-13-2013, 08:32 PM
RudeG_v2.0
でたらめ検出器

Rude, bring something relevant to the topic or GTFO.
Touché. Nobody has put their foot in their mouth more often than you lately in the FI section. Your comments here in this thread are laughable after seeing how you nuthugged the GTM TT kit. Your 2 cents about turbo kit fitments is worthless and should be disregarded. Sit back and have a nice hot cup of STFU while others with some meaningful experiences and opinions have a discussion.

As for the thread topic... str8dum1's and rcdash's posts were on point. Hopefully things get resolved to the OP's satisfaction and SOHO will resolve their issues prior to further sales of their kit.

Last edited by RudeG_v2.0; 02-13-2013 at 08:44 PM.
Old 02-14-2013, 11:03 AM
Z33Garage

Received 26 Likes on 18 Posts

I don't have experience with boost on my car. I feel for OP for being a paying test subject and although SOHO's response was very professional, mechanically speaking that mistake is too costly, and the assumption that it would fit is even a greater mistake.
I think any company that actually stands behind their products would have noticed the red flags being raised by the several conversations OP had with SOHO about fitment issues(especially since THEY KNEW that op was the first buyer) or lack of parts in each shipment.
Old 02-14-2013, 06:29 PM
boostedmaxima

Unfortunately the vendor told you ( OP) wrong information, so they have to fix that. On the other hand, aftermarket headers aren't all the same so to make a kit that fit stock headers they can say yes this will fit whatever years 350z. The vendor would have to make a business decision to engineer a kit that will fit various headers (extension pipes, etc). I don't know/think this will be a good decision though, they are better off making a kit with their own headers than trying to fit the tolerances of various other aftermarket headers.
Old 02-14-2013, 08:14 PM
jomamahama

From what i've read, this experience is about par for the course when going FI. That doesn't make the upset response any less justified, and thanks to OP for keeping it factual. SOHO's kit is marketed as a premium product (and priced accordingly) so I think OP's expectations were in line.

Last edited by jomamahama; 02-14-2013 at 08:16 PM.

Quick Reply: SOHO Single Turbo Kit: My Honest Review!!