Notices
Forced Induction Turbochargers and Superchargers..Got Boost?

350z HR GTM Twin Supercharger

Search this Thread

Old 06-16-2013, 03:49 PM
A-Town-Z

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Default 350z HR GTM Twin Supercharger

http://www.gtmotorsports.com/product...cat=258&page=1

Anyone on here running this? I was looking around for forced induction goodies, and found this on GTM's page. The thought of having 800hp with superchargers, and retaining more of the VQ exhaust note is really appealing. Especially if you could have PPE longtubes as well. I think it would sound killer. Opinions?

Last edited by A-Town-Z; 06-16-2013 at 03:55 PM.
Old 06-16-2013, 04:37 PM
bmyles

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Holy jeepers, that kit has what looks like almost 100 individual parts. Looks like oil scavenging pumps for both chargers, among other things. Wish they had a couple pics of it installed. If base price is $9800, stage 4 must be close to 11 Gs...
Old 06-16-2013, 04:55 PM
A-Town-Z

They have one installed on the VHR, i think its a g37 on their site. But yeah, I'm sure the price goes up as you get bigger trims, but, with turbos isnt it roughly the same price? Granted, you can make really good power out a 60 trims, but I think it would be badass to retain the VQ note, and have a sharper sound, compared to a baffled sound that turbo'd engines produce.
Old 06-16-2013, 05:05 PM
bmyles

^^^ You are correct, sir. If you search for Supercharger Kits for the G37, they have install photos posted. As the scavenging pumps suggest, the blowers are mounted under the headlights. Man, what a nightmare of an install. Not sure if I'd want it installed on a DD...
Old 06-16-2013, 05:12 PM
A-Town-Z

Old 06-16-2013, 05:55 PM
bmyles

*facepalm* for myself. I don't know why I thought the blowers were under the headlights. When I saw the filters and oil reservoirs, that was my first thought, but it's obvious where they are located based on where the jackshaft pulleys are. S/C oiling systems confuse me
Old 06-16-2013, 06:26 PM
A-Town-Z

Yeah forced induction is confusing to me in general. I'm learning though! gathering info as I search. haha but yeah I would love to hear the stage 4 setup with some LTH's and dual 3" exhaust.
Old 06-16-2013, 07:52 PM
bealljk
350Z-holic

Received 1,282 Likes on 1,007 Posts

Along with their $10k supercharger kit, to get to 800whp you'll need to spend 12 to 15k in engine build & engine support - so now $20k to $25k deep…worth it? maybe?
Old 06-16-2013, 09:38 PM
A-Town-Z

How much do you think a Twin turbo setup with similar numbers cost? The stage 3 twin turbo kit, (900hp) is $8500, and when you're spending~$25,000.. I don't think $1500 for a unique setup is to much of a stretch. I'm not for, or against this setup, just thought it was cool that you could now have the potential to make rather impressive numbers, whilst being supercharged.
Old 06-16-2013, 11:16 PM
jerryd87

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

not really you will encounter the same issues as a large single supercharger. belt slip is caused by resistance aka boost. 2 smaller superchargers or one larger you will have the same thing. your still going to need a 10 rib setup to spin this to anywhere close to the max number, and your 25k number is low anyway that isnt even touching labor.
Originally Posted by A-Town-Z
How much do you think a Twin turbo setup with similar numbers cost? The stage 3 twin turbo kit, (900hp) is $8500, and when you're spending~$25,000.. I don't think $1500 for a unique setup is to much of a stretch. I'm not for, or against this setup, just thought it was cool that you could now have the potential to make rather impressive numbers, whilst being supercharged.
Old 06-17-2013, 04:40 AM
Cass007
350Z-holic

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I would guess that kit may have been built in-house to perfectly fit that specific car. Looking at some of those tolerances, I would expect to have a few test fitting mock ups done and possibly some "massaging" to get everything to fit just right.
Old 06-17-2013, 05:24 AM
bmyles

Oh yeah, you can tell that if you were to try to install that kit, it would NOT be "bolt-on." Lots of trimming and relocating, no doubt. Like I said, not sure I would even want that kit on a DD because of the complexity. Kinda like the custom TT guys who have to drop their motors to adjust their wastegates.
Old 06-17-2013, 08:11 AM
A-Town-Z

Yeah I think it says, "made to order" on their site. Pretty cool though. I wouldn't mind driving to GTM to have the only Twin supercharged HR haha. Oh and shelling out probably $30g's.
Old 10-26-2013, 12:09 PM
A-Town-Z

I emaild GTM a week or so ago, and asked if they had an HR with this kit installed, and how it would stack up to a Twin Turbo setup at similar boost levels.. I haven't received an emial back.

Anyone have any input on this?

I'd think a twin turbo setup would reach boost faster and make more midrange power than a supercharged system.. but twin centrifugal supercharges seem to be more efficient then a roots style. So It may be pretty close?

Maybe GTM could chime in? (OR email me back) lol
Old 10-26-2013, 01:35 PM
ogiehooker

Received 10 Likes on 6 Posts
Default G4m input

Yes, I have input for you...GTM and Sam Coksukerzawahara, are liars and ripoffs. MAYBE 10 yrs ago, they had a decent rep but, through my own personal experience, came to realize that is no longer the case.

Outright lies on built block build time (didn't even have pistons in stock and stated 3 weeks on fully built long block). Called arias and was told 5 weeks to make pistons....

1.5 yrs later, only short block completed...lawyer called...long block finished..took possession of car...crank hitting engine case internally...sound like someone you want to do 30k worth of business with?

I spent 40k and car now needs 1 yr additional work and 15k more to complete...

Paid GTM to internally coat everything, nothing was done!
Paid GTM to ceramic coat all external hot parts, were rattle canned and charged ceramic prices...
GTM tried to charge me for os giken diff oil when they installed a quaife!
GTM kept my custom HR cooling mod setup, refusing to return it (900)...
GTM stole my headlight ballast, turn signal wiring and socket (try buying those separately-you have to buy the whole assembly 6-800 bus.
GTM lost/stole my custom powdercoated IC piping (except for 4 short tubes) 800 bux..

STILL WANT TO DO BUSINESS WITH THAT *******? Go ahead, get fukd like me..hope you have a big as a wallet as ur *******..its gonna hurt.
Old 10-26-2013, 05:41 PM
jerryd87

GTM also dosnt come here anymore after they have scammed so many people they have vanished. considering they have had issues getting a single supercharger to fit correctly would hate to try and think about two. then theres the inherit disadvantages of the system in additional parasitic loss since your driving double the number of superchargers now.

how quickly both a centri supercharger and turbo make boost is how quickly they spin up, the smaller the pulley on the superchargers the quicker it SHOULD make boost as well as more max boost. turbo or centri super charger both flowing the same amount of air they tend to have pretty much the same power bands but the supercharger ill be a little lower on power due to the parasitic losses.
Old 10-26-2013, 06:44 PM
A-Town-Z

Thank you ogiehooker, and jerryd87 for the responses!

I really appreciate the eye opening info you guys have to offer. I was just intruiged by the thought of making 600+ hp while retaining the vq exhust note. I mean think about it, Twin supercharged, PPE lth's 4" single, it would sound incredible. Theres a video on youtube of a white z06 that's supercharged, and it sounds amazing, its what initially inspired me to bump this thread.

Judging from ogiehooker's response, I will no longer be pursuing this dream lol. It's unfortunate that a business would rip people off to save their own asses.. sorry ogiehooker for your troubles, and I hope you car turns out well for you, and you are happy with it. I have a few years yet before I can fully commit to anything, but it's nice to have a plan.
Old 10-26-2013, 07:16 PM
ogiehooker

Received 10 Likes on 6 Posts
Default tKS BUD

Tks bud...I agree the thing would sound awesome..I had a vortech before and loved the exhaust note....If I had to do it all over again, I would have found a knowledgeable person to help me DIY..could have learned a lot and I KNOW I could have completed the car in the 2.5 yrs and growing time I have put in thus far...Hell, half the components are outdated already!

I don't know that I would approach a build or a certain shop for just the exhaust note alone...choose something simple, reliable and easy to work on (possible with FI)?! LOL....

jerry's a smart dude and has valuable info, just don't **** him off (gas tank sensor dude..LOL)! SIC 'EM JERRY!

Last edited by ogiehooker; 10-26-2013 at 07:22 PM. Reason: spelling
Old 10-26-2013, 07:37 PM
jerryd87

the main thing with the domestics is they dont need to push as much boost with a supercharger since they have more power NA, the force to turn the supercharger is exponential to the boost pressure. once that pressure gets up there is when people start running into problems with belt slip, this platform has issues with it trying to get to 600 whp vs the domestics dont encounter the problem till 800+ depending on the vehicle.
Originally Posted by A-Town-Z
Thank you ogiehooker, and jerryd87 for the responses!

I really appreciate the eye opening info you guys have to offer. I was just intruiged by the thought of making 600+ hp while retaining the vq exhust note. I mean think about it, Twin supercharged, PPE lth's 4" single, it would sound incredible. Theres a video on youtube of a white z06 that's supercharged, and it sounds amazing, its what initially inspired me to bump this thread.

Judging from ogiehooker's response, I will no longer be pursuing this dream lol. It's unfortunate that a business would rip people off to save their own asses.. sorry ogiehooker for your troubles, and I hope you car turns out well for you, and you are happy with it. I have a few years yet before I can fully commit to anything, but it's nice to have a plan.

Last edited by jerryd87; 10-26-2013 at 07:38 PM.
Old 10-27-2013, 12:28 AM
mcarther101

Ya... or you could just get a used vortech kit, do some water meth injection, and built block for $10k.... 600whp.

I know I spent $5k for my built block installed, and am pretty sure 500-600whp is attainable easily at 11:1 compression with water/meth for another $5k in used parts/labor/tuning.

Is an 800whp twin supercharger really practical for anything other than bragging rights? I mean, people are just going to start to think you have a small pee pee at that point. Saw a fat guy tonight who "bought" a 1000whp corvette, wasn't even the original owner... my first thought: "this guy's got a small dick." I mean, most people don't even have the ability to drive such a car to it's limits, I am pretty sure I don't even. Also... pretty sure chicks don't give a **** about if it's twin supercharged, or NA - they wouldn't know the difference lmao.

Last edited by mcarther101; 10-27-2013 at 12:30 AM.

Quick Reply: 350z HR GTM Twin Supercharger