Notices
Forced Induction Turbochargers and Superchargers..Got Boost?

Wastegate and EBC vacuum lines

Search this Thread

Old 06-22-2013, 07:29 PM
WTFMike

Received 46 Likes on 35 Posts
Default Wastegate and EBC vacuum lines

Ok, so I am a little confused on how to run my vacuum lines for my waste gate/boost solenoid. I am installing my powerlab turbo kit and a proefi pro 48 ecu. My tial wastegate has two vacuum ports. From what I have read, from the bottom port I should run a line to my vacuum block. My question is about the top port. I have the proefi boost control solenoid. And on my powerlab kit, there is a port off of the passenger intercooler pipe after the intercooler and before the throttle body. So, how do I run my lines for the boost control solenoid? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Last edited by WTFMike; 06-22-2013 at 07:32 PM.
Old 06-22-2013, 08:18 PM
jerryd87

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

the shorter the line the better the response is(as in if its way up by the intercooler after it had made its way through all the pipes its will start to open some then snap shut.) best way is to T into the line off the compressor housing, one part of the T goes to bottom port, other part goes to the ebc solenoid(cant remember which but they all use the same mac valve so find a picture of any and it will work) then the port opposite the input on the solenoid goes back to the top port on the wastegate. the front port on the mac solenoid will have the little filter on it to vent pressure.
Old 06-24-2013, 01:25 PM
binder

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

Boost port off turbo should go to the bottom port on wastegate. In that same line you need to put a T adapter and that line goes to PORT 1 of the solenoid. PORT 2 on the solenoid should be a brass filter that just vents to the atmosphere. The top port on the wastegate goes to the PORT 3 of the solenoid.

SOLENOID:
PORT 1= from the T off of the turbo
PORT 2= filter screen to vent to the atmosphere
PORT 3= line to top of wastegate

WASTEGATE:
Top port= port 3 on solenoid
Bottom port= to the turbo boost source
Old 06-25-2013, 08:02 AM
WTFMike

Received 46 Likes on 35 Posts

Thank you for the info, guys. With a little bit of luck, I'll be able to start my car up tonight, for the first time in a year and a half.