Notices
Forced Induction Turbochargers and Superchargers..Got Boost?

Turbo build for the z

Search this Thread

Old 01-28-2016, 04:46 PM
dboyzalter
6 inch cawk is my fave!

Received 972 Likes on 759 Posts

Originally Posted by SmoothZ
Name:  Racequeen.gif
Views: 51
Size:  1.92 MB

Old 01-30-2016, 05:14 AM
R6n350GT

Received 9 Likes on 5 Posts

Is is not worth doing cheap trust me.

You have a few options.
1. 300hp keep engine stock and just get a SC and bolt it on if you can get one for 2K and buy oil cooler, afr gauge and have it a bit more fast than normal
2. 400-450HP keep engine stock but it may one day blow - buy boosted performance mid mount kit and find a good tuner
3. Buy a 350z/G35 that has already had everything done to it.

If you try and piece it together yourself its a bad idea. trust me.. look through my threads. i have spent 3x the cost of trying to save money than doing it right once.
Old 02-08-2016, 11:21 AM
copenhunter

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Im new to this forum as well and I am going to be piecing my turbo kit together as well but i agree with everyone else on the whole "know what you're doing before you try slapping a turbo on a z" thing. If you want your z to last more than a month on the road hitting boost you need supporting mods. You already know about needing a turbo and most of the basics but look into what you're getting yourself into. Im looking at $15k already and thats only for 450ish whp. Piecing it together is much more expensive. Just find prices for this and think about if you still want to do it. Keep in mind this isnt everything. Turbo, intercooler, piping, header to tailpipe exhaust, bov, wastegate, WB o2 kit, fuel pump, injectors, oil cooler, oil spacer, better oil pump, clutch and flywheel, exhaust, fuel return sysytem/ fuel rails, a good tune, itnake manifold, any gauges you might want to monitor your engine (water temp, trans temp, boost gauge, a/f ratio). Then account for wider rims, better tires, better suspension, whether you need to get a new trans or if you think the synchros will last. Bigger brakes so you dont kill yourself trying to stop. Then after that look into prices for building the engine so it doesnt blow.