Notices
Forced Induction Turbochargers and Superchargers..Got Boost?

shop that works?

Search this Thread

Old 04-18-2016, 06:11 PM
Resmarted

Received 64 Likes on 49 Posts

Originally Posted by Justin100
SFR twin turbo kit

Wow justin didn't off himself.

Probably just sticking around long enough to vote for trump.
Old 04-19-2016, 06:51 AM
Highway Riding

Received 95 Likes on 80 Posts

I see this all custom show type of work aside from the tune... GL either way..
Old 04-30-2016, 01:20 PM
ogiehooker

Received 10 Likes on 6 Posts
Default soho

Originally Posted by tonyzS/C03
I've always had good experience with SOHO Motorsports... Nothing too crazy beyond normal delays that couldn't be avoided due to parts availability, but when that happened they always kept me in the loop with what was going on.
TKS for that info...Called Dynosty and SOHO...I like the fact that at SOHO, it is the 2 owners doing the work..it's their rep on the line.....I have heard issues with Dynosty's long wait time, and there aren't many engine related issues to deal with except overheating at the moment.

Plan is to ship to SOHO June......just need a shop that will pick up a wrench and turn it.

Last edited by ogiehooker; 04-30-2016 at 01:21 PM. Reason: sp
Old 05-03-2016, 09:37 PM
Juztin

Received 29 Likes on 23 Posts

If your looking in Texas, there is JMS Racing. They did that guy's vq35hr with the 3076R's (in the vq35hr sub-forum) that is doing like really high 9's in HP. The TT kit looked very well done, assume the rest of the work follows the same workmanship.

I personally ended up going with a good buddy that I know did solid work after shitty shop disasters, still took him a long time, but it was worth the wait. Like other's have said, the good shops are likely going to be a waiting affair either way.

Last edited by Juztin; 05-03-2016 at 09:40 PM.
Old 05-04-2016, 05:45 AM
ogiehooker

Default work

I understand waiting 2-4 weeks to get in but when you are told 2 weeks to start and 2 weeks to finish and it's been 3 months and little has been done, you know the car is being ignored.......I may research JM in TX...TKS Justin.

Anyone have experience with their car overheating because the oil filter water cooler was removed to put an oil cooler sandwich in? Thats the latest I have been hearing for 2-3 weeks...should take 1 hr to reinstall I would think.
Old 05-04-2016, 07:37 AM
wisniaPl

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Honestly I know what you went thru...I had same issues building my Evo x

I would do the work myself to save $$ and problems... So many shop stories ending like that
Old 05-04-2016, 01:24 PM
ogiehooker

Default shops

I don't have my house/shop anymore...make more money than I have time...would rather a pro do it but can't find a pro....
Old 05-04-2016, 01:35 PM
rcdash

Received 65 Likes on 56 Posts

Originally Posted by ogiehooker
I understand waiting 2-4 weeks to get in but when you are told 2 weeks to start and 2 weeks to finish and it's been 3 months and little has been done, you know the car is being ignored.......I may research JM in TX...TKS Justin.

Anyone have experience with their car overheating because the oil filter water cooler was removed to put an oil cooler sandwich in? Thats the latest I have been hearing for 2-3 weeks...should take 1 hr to reinstall I would think.
The small round oil "cooler" is more of a warmer. That is not the cause of an overheat. Lots of people remove it. It is not needed. If you have an oil cooler then that is what will keep temps under control.
The following users liked this post:
Resmarted (05-04-2016)
Old 05-04-2016, 05:44 PM
Resmarted

If the car is overheating it's not because of an oil cooler.

There's something else wrong, and I would start in the cooling system, like it not being bled properly.
Old 05-06-2016, 02:04 PM
ogiehooker

Understood..got the HR block and upper piping mod, big rad etc etc...HR mod should make bleeding a snap......every shop says something different....SFR says turbo lines installed by them incorrectly and then they modded them...Jtran says the oil filter/water cooler adapter is missing so it needs that...can't get a solid answer and it's been 3 months going on 4.....**** poor in my book...about to ship it to soho......nobody wants to work.....
Old 05-06-2016, 04:46 PM
Resmarted

Understood..got the HR block and upper piping mod, big rad etc etc...HR mod should make bleeding a snap......every shop says something different....SFR says turbo lines installed by them incorrectly and then they modded them...Jtran says the oil filter/water cooler adapter is missing so it needs that...can't get a solid answer and it's been 3 months going on 4.....**** poor in my book...about to ship it to soho......nobody wants to work.....
Oil warmer cooler should have zero impact here.

No idea why HR mod should make bleeding easier?

SFR turbo lines... Coolant or oil lines?

When you say the car is over heating, is the oil temp going to high or the coolant temp?

If it's coolant, I would consider draining it, and filling it back up with all water and some dish soap (dish soap breaks the surface tension of the water so the water "grabs" the curves of the block better, taking heat out more effectively). Then bleed again. Pay attention to the coolant that comes out. Was it filled enough? Was there debris or oil in the coolant?

I would even consider doing a coolant pressure test too.

How's the compression?
Old 05-07-2016, 10:45 AM
ogiehooker

Well, since I am not close to the car, all I know is what I hear....

HR cooling mod puts rad cap at the highest point, not the bleed valve....bubbles should come out rad cap when using hi funnel.

I was told by SFR that the way that the GTM manual states to install the turbo water coolant lines to the heater core loop was wrong...the fluid was remaining stationary in the lines, flash boiling and purging the system into the overflow can...supposedly, Tim at SFR rigged the lines so that he wouldn't have to remove the engine again to get at the lines....car isn't puking fluid but Johhny at Jtran says they drove the car to the gas station to put in fresh fuel and water temps were 230 and oil 250 degrees...not getting on the car at the time...easy driving.

The tube core support SFR built pushed the fan assembly back about 1/2" so that the GTM dual 14" spal fan setup couldn't be mounted on the shroud but UNDER the shroud against the radiator....

The passenger side fan motor had to be downsized so that it would clear the power steering pump pulley.....From what I have read, the shroud adds about 40% efficiency to the cooling aspect of the fans so.....Maradyne fan setup was supposed to be installed 1 month ago but nothing yet...Johnny thinks it's the absence of a sandwich plate...I say I don't think so....how is cooling the oil with hot water that is overheating going to help? I don't buy it....I say turbo lines which have shown to be a problem or fan setup is the issue....the HR cooling mods should make it easy to burp and cool the heads first....

regardless, 3-4 months and nothing accomplished is too much for me to handle, having been fckd by GTM and SFR...ain't in no mood to repeat that sit around and wait ***** anymore...spoke with dynosty, soho, charles at CJ...heard about JM in san antonio....

it isn't brain/heart surgery as I have to be involved with at times....just need someone to turn a wrench....

Been told about the sandwich plate and fan swap out for 4 weeks...REALLY?? does it take 4 weeks to swap those out? is that freaking brake/clutch/exhaust install worth more than doing 10k of work I WANT someone to do? I really don't get these shops...guess they want the low hanging, easy to pick fruit.

Asked about switching to evans and Johnny defiantly said NO NO NO...

Last edited by ogiehooker; 05-07-2016 at 10:52 AM. Reason: sp
Old 05-08-2016, 03:10 PM
ogiehooker

Default shops

Speaking with Charles at CJ, Nik at SOHO and Dynosty.....hope to have my car shipped out of Jtran by June 1 and on to the next shop.......eventually I should be able to find someone to do the work....
Old 05-09-2016, 04:09 PM
Alberto
Cranky FI Owner

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

What a bum
Old 05-17-2016, 05:09 PM
ogiehooker

Default bumbunm with 5 degrees and 250k salary...right.

I SEE THE FORUM COKSUKKER IS STILL AROUND......

bum with 5 degrees and 250k salary...right.
Old 05-18-2016, 01:05 PM
Resmarted

I SEE THE FORUM COKSUKKER IS STILL AROUND......

bum with 5 degrees and 250k salary...right.
Dude it's fckn alberto. Don't take it personally.

His avatar says it all.
Old 05-18-2016, 01:05 PM
Resmarted

Besides, this is my350z.com. It's like 80% cancer
Old 05-19-2016, 05:47 PM
nomyth46

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

dude take your car to Dynosty......you might have to wait a little long but the car will be right when it leaves and thats straight up truth!!!!!
Old 05-22-2016, 11:50 AM
ogiehooker

Default dynosty

yea, I hear they are good...trijio got burned by them awhile back...took over 1 year to get his finished...ain't looking to repeat that....got maybe 2-4 weeks of solid work to do...shouldn't take 6 months like I am going now and little done...

Dynosty is mainly engine building/tuning...I need a fab shop now then paint shop if I am going to finish it out searching for specialty shops......

ANY FAB specific shops out there?
Old 05-23-2016, 05:28 PM
Escobar

Received 149 Likes on 123 Posts

Nik at soho knows his stuff and his bro turns the wrenches. They are a great team and can get it done for you. Highly recommend them, great bunch of guys!

Quick Reply: shop that works?