Notices
Forced Induction Turbochargers and Superchargers..Got Boost?

shop that works?

Old 04-08-2016, 08:46 PM
ogiehooker

Received 10 Likes on 6 Posts
Default shop that works?

Anyone have any ideas on a shop that WILL ACTUALLY WORK ON A CAR? I have been 5 yrs working on a TT build...disasters at GTM, SFR Miami based shops and now at Jtran.....can't get car finished...needs tuning, some fab work and paint if possible....

WHAT SHOP ACTUALLY DOES WHAT THEY SAY? I need someone that can get on this thing as the car usually just sits in various cites with minimal work completed...grasping at straws....
Old 04-09-2016, 01:01 AM
thatv35guy

Received 59 Likes on 47 Posts

Dynosty would be my guess...
Old 04-09-2016, 05:19 AM
tonyzS/C03

Received 12 Likes on 8 Posts

I've always had good experience with SOHO Motorsports... Nothing too crazy beyond normal delays that couldn't be avoided due to parts availability, but when that happened they always kept me in the loop with what was going on.
Old 04-09-2016, 08:53 AM
rcdash

Received 65 Likes on 56 Posts

Dynosty for tuning, but if it needs other work, they are always so busy. Good work but not fast. The good shops all have a long queue and work on multiple projects simultaneously. It's the only way to maintain cash flow in the business when one project runs into a snag. Any shop you take it to now is going to take time to figure out all the custom mods to your car and identify what is working correctly and what isn't. Sorry man.

Last edited by rcdash; 04-09-2016 at 08:56 AM.
Old 04-09-2016, 12:53 PM
Justin100

Received 16 Likes on 15 Posts

Originally Posted by ogiehooker
Anyone have any ideas on a shop that WILL ACTUALLY WORK ON A CAR? I have been 5 yrs working on a TT build...disasters at GTM, SFR Miami based shops and now at Jtran.....can't get car finished...needs tuning, some fab work and paint if possible....

WHAT SHOP ACTUALLY DOES WHAT THEY SAY? I need someone that can get on this thing as the car usually just sits in various cites with minimal work completed...grasping at straws....
LOL.....5 years...........

i finished my entire Twin turbo build with a built motor in 4 months.

From the time i had my bare shortblock sitting on my engine stand and filing down every single piston ring and measuring with a feeler gauge all the way to the very end when it was fully tuned on the dyno.

if you want to finish it quickly do it yourself. shops have to put food on the table for their employees they are not going to wholly devote themselves to only your car they have to make a daily income for their shop.
Old 04-09-2016, 01:01 PM
Pengu

Received 96 Likes on 80 Posts

Originally Posted by Justin100

From the time i had my bare shortblock sitting on my engine stand and filing down every single piston ring and measuring with a feeler gauge all the way to the very end when it was fully tuned on the dyno.

if you want to finish it quickly do it yourself. shops have to put food on the table for their employees they are not going to wholly devote themselves to only your car they have to make a daily income for their shop.
What kit do you have / installed?
Old 04-09-2016, 01:04 PM
Justin100

SFR twin turbo kit
Old 04-11-2016, 02:01 PM
ogiehooker

Default tt kit

NOT an SFR kit, it's an SFR modified GTM kit....GTM fkcd up the motor build, SFR rebuilt it...looking for a shop to finish the last 10%...basic tuning and fab work/body work/paint...or NY portion thereof....

tried Performance Fab in Houston and Hills won't take on anyting they didn't initiate.....sound performance? SOHO? advice needed before I ship it home and do it myself in the garage....I can make more money by working and paying than I can by taking time off and doing it myself...tired of the thing just SITTING!! Doesn't someone want 10k for some easy ****???ANY SHOPS OUT THERE WANT TO FINISH 10K OF BASIC SIMPLE WORK????
Old 04-11-2016, 02:44 PM
KJFire4Life

Received 25 Likes on 21 Posts

It sounds like you will get faster results doing it yourself. Just my 2 cents
Old 04-11-2016, 03:22 PM
rcdash

Received 65 Likes on 56 Posts

What happened at JTran. They seem to have a pretty good reputation in Houston. Too busy?
Old 04-11-2016, 06:13 PM
ogiehooker

Default work

now's not the time....

Last edited by ogiehooker; 04-11-2016 at 06:25 PM. Reason: sp
Old 04-11-2016, 06:27 PM
ogiehooker

Originally Posted by Justin100

I'd say 10k for 2 weeks work would put food on the table...you mean my money isn't as green as the next guys??? WTF???
Old 04-11-2016, 06:29 PM
ogiehooker

Originally Posted by KJFire4Life
It sounds like you will get faster results doing it yourself. Just my 2 cents
Yup, guess I have been under the illusion that there are people that actually want to work on cars....Car will be going home in June when I terminate my work contract.....
Old 04-11-2016, 07:09 PM
KJFire4Life

Received 25 Likes on 21 Posts

I'm sorry I wish I could come help! I love working on cars and have been since I was 8 I'm sorry for your frustration, I know how it feels to watch a project or in my case (my baby) sit in one spot for months and years without getting touched. If you were closer I'd say bring it to me and I'd put it all together for ya. But your a ways away and I'm just a private mechanic, haven't been officially working for a shop in about a year. Let us know if we can help you out at all! There are still quite a few of us on here that believe in making our cars our own through the work we do on it. No matter what anybody else or the retarded mechanics at the shop say!

P.S. Mind telling me where you contract through? I'd love to join up if it's IT related work lol.

Yup, guess I have been under the illusion that there are people that actually want to work on cars....Car will be going home in June when I terminate my work contract.....
Old 04-11-2016, 08:22 PM
Justin100

I'd say 10k for 2 weeks work would put food on the table...you mean my money isn't as green as the next guys??? WTF???
I would have finished faster than 4 months if i didnt make some mistakes here and there. I ordered a lot of parts that were on the other side of the united states and it took a long time to get it. sometimes i ordered engine parts 1 state over and it still took exactly 5 business days to my doorstep which pissed me off.

and you cant move ahead until you get some of the more important parts to assemble the engine for instance the ARP L19 head studs, head gasket kit and the machine shop took roughly 2 weeks to finish cleaning and doing the bore and hone for my block. bore and hone job should take no more than 2-3 days.

Last edited by Justin100; 04-11-2016 at 08:23 PM.
Old 04-11-2016, 08:27 PM
Justin100

i know a guy with a honda and the shop f'ed up on the build he got rod knock a few days later.

the shop of course took responsibility and replaced the entire block with forged internals but guess how long it took them to make it right?

6 months later.....thats when his car was back up and running lol.

that means if you waited ex amount of years then put it on the dyno and it blows up be prepared to wait another 6-12 months for your car to start up again.

Last edited by Justin100; 04-11-2016 at 08:29 PM.
Old 04-12-2016, 12:00 PM
Highway Riding

Received 95 Likes on 80 Posts

For straight shooters you can try Matt @ Import Intelligence in PA or anyone @ RT tuning in PA. I have used Matt on 3 builds so far. I trust him. He is also well versed in Nissan's in general being a X pro drifter who has a TT Nismo with built motor yada yada.. Worth a call. He basically took over for me when i tried 2 different motor swaps myself and got overwhelmed. Both ended up running perfectly and still are running.
Old 04-12-2016, 01:32 PM
350zion
Professional

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Plain and simple....

DYNOSTY!
Old 04-12-2016, 01:54 PM
NissanZcrazy

Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts

Originally Posted by Highway Riding
For straight shooters you can try Matt @ Import Intelligence in PA or anyone @ RT tuning in PA. I have used Matt on 3 builds so far. I trust him. He is also well versed in Nissan's in general being a X pro drifter who has a TT Nismo with built motor yada yada.. Worth a call. He basically took over for me when i tried 2 different motor swaps myself and got overwhelmed. Both ended up running perfectly and still are running.
I would also contact RT Tuning!!!!Paint work can be done at any good body shop IMOP.But for tuning and fab work try RT.What fab work do you have left?
Old 04-12-2016, 04:06 PM
ogiehooker

Default fab work

cutting out the stock rear strut bar and bracing to my roll bar....building AL side panels to replace all plastics in trunk to make a mirrored surround....ditching speaker box.....adding a floored base al plate to mount two polished NOS bottles...just finishing tricking out the trunk area....underbody some cf panels like the plastic ones on 370's to cover up the fuel lines and slick up the bottom of the car...again, cosmetic...paddle shifters, new gauges, new dual fan assembly...minor crap...off course new cf hood, front bumper wing and paint....as someone said, I can have that done closer to home w/o shipping a newly painted car....

AND finish tuning of engine..has base tune at 12 psi....
Attached Thumbnails shop that works?-1-almost-done-trunk-w-m-roll-bar-stock-strutbar-speaker-box.jpg   shop that works?-1-almost-done-w-m-trunk-side-view.jpg   shop that works?-water-methanol-battery-trunk-box-3.jpg   shop that works?-1-370-z-underbody-panels-similar-to-what-im-making.jpg   shop that works?-1-rear-underbody-with-new-paint.jpg  

Last edited by ogiehooker; 04-12-2016 at 04:11 PM. Reason: sp

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: shop that works?