Notices
Forced Induction Turbochargers and Superchargers..Got Boost?

Greddy 18g Hardware Question

Search this Thread

Old 03-15-2018, 02:16 PM
Conway_160

Received 341 Likes on 280 Posts

When you pull the transmission/engine be careful on the angle when you pull the engine or your going to have to change your tranny fluid since Most of it will either be on your helper if the floor
Old 03-15-2018, 08:27 PM
louisville13

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by Conway_160
When you pull the transmission/engine be careful on the angle when you pull the engine or your going to have to change your tranny fluid since Most of it will either be on your helper if the floor
I really wish I saw this sooner... I would say about 90% of the tranny fluid ended up in my hair

Well I got the engine/tranny removed. Just want to say that having an extra set of hands would have made things go sooo much smoother and also having the right equipment would help. Everything was going well until the rope (probably going to get flammed for that) I had snapped while the engine was above the car. Its supposed to hold 2000lbs but I will DEFINITELY be investing in a chain before doing that again!

The engine and tranny ended up coming out of the car at pretty close to a 90 degree angle. Then I had to try and move it while fluids were going everywhere and while I was scared to death that the whole thing was going to fall. Why the hell are engine hoists so hard to steer? Anyways, long story short, I spent most of my night trying to clean oil out of the garage. Hopefully it worked because my dad will be pissed if its stained.

I am about 99% sure that everything came out of the car unharmed, but I will have to check everything a little more closely in the morning. The only thing I saw tonight was that I may have damaged the clutch line. Tomorrow I am also going to start on the fuel system and see how far I can get. This has been quite the process.

Luckily I had a piece of 4000lb rope laying around that I tied to the engine as a backup

Last edited by louisville13; 03-15-2018 at 08:33 PM.
Old 03-15-2018, 09:21 PM
bealljk
350Z-holic

Received 1,282 Likes on 1,007 Posts

Is this an older pic of your engine? or do you have two engines on-hand?

If you wanna add a task to your list that'll help down the road - consider having a 1" aluminum pipe welded to the end of pipe that reaches behind the engine or put a nipple on it and run a longer rubber hose to the radiator.

That 2 piece design sucks - it's a botch to reassemble in the car, the turbo-to-IC pipe runs up on it, and it's susceptible to leaking.

post #63 and #116 - I used a AN -20 hose and had fittings installed on the ends.
https://my350z.com/forum/forced-indu...n-build-2.html

only 350z member who owns a unicycle...

Last edited by bealljk; 03-15-2018 at 09:30 PM.
Old 03-15-2018, 09:44 PM
louisville13

Originally Posted by bealljk
Is this an older pic of your engine? or do you have two engines on-hand?

If you wanna add a task to your list that'll help down the road - consider having a 1" aluminum pipe welded to the end of pipe that reaches behind the engine or put a nipple on it and run a longer rubber hose to the radiator.

That 2 piece design sucks - it's a botch to reassemble in the car, the turbo-to-IC pipe runs up on it, and it's susceptible to leaking.

post #63 and #116 - I used a AN -20 hose and had fittings installed on the ends.
https://my350z.com/forum/forced-indu...n-build-2.html

only 350z member who owns a unicycle...

this is pic of the engine i just pulled. The engine youve seen beforei s a second engine i picked up to start building. Not really sure what else was said as im fighting my ambien right now but if you wanna come get that unicycle feel free haha i never could figure it out
Old 03-16-2018, 11:33 AM
louisville13

Anyone got any advice on installing a twin fuel pump? I guess I need to cut the connector off the car and replace it? I wish all this stuff was plug and play or at least came with directions....

I found this:
https://my350z.com/forum/forced-indu...all-pix-4.html

But theres got to be an easier way? Theres wires going everywhere...

Last edited by louisville13; 03-16-2018 at 11:38 AM.