Notices
Forced Induction Turbochargers and Superchargers..Got Boost?

Sell turbo kit?

Search this Thread

Old 01-22-2019, 06:38 AM
Wet feet

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Sell turbo kit?

A couple years ago I took a ride in a friend's turbo Z and then shortly after went off and impulsively bought some used plumbing and pieced together a bunch of other stuff to make a "kit", and now a couple years later I just don’t want it. Went the NA route, mods, tuned, done. Without a good 50 hours of turbo research and reading first, admittedly it was a foolish purchase. To complicate things further I paid probably $300 to get it down to CR, and will probably have to pay the same to get it back to Florida. Then to throw salt in the wound, the plumbing is Turbonetics (before I really knew about it). The rest is all good, Turbosmart accessories with a K27 BW turbo, oil pan spacer, DW fuel pump, Mishimoto IC, etc. I never purchased the Osiris thank god, or I’d be further down the hole.

So long question short, do you guys think it would sell back up in the states for maybe $2500-3000 to recooperate a part of the cash? Or does that sound outrageous? I could piece it out here in CR, or even piece it out up there.... just trying to figure out what to do with this big box in my garage

I know some will just say install it, but I just don’t want the headaches, and I’ve since done a turbo motor swap on another vehicle and that is definitely taking up funds and time. I did realize, once you go turbo, you never stop wanting/needing to tweak things!

Last edited by Wet feet; 01-26-2019 at 04:45 AM. Reason: spelling error
Old 01-22-2019, 06:55 AM
bealljk
350Z-holic

Received 1,282 Likes on 1,007 Posts

You're probably looking at $1000-$1500 for a partial kit. I sold a complete with extra items greddy twin kit for $2700. I would look to part it out. With that being said - I might be interested in the oil pan spacer and IC.
Old 01-22-2019, 07:12 AM
Wet feet

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Wow. Well that’s pretty helpful, and unfortunately low so probably not worth the hassle. Just the turbo, IC, wastegate, blowoff etc all that was 2 grand... I’ll chalk it up to an expensive life lesson
Actually could’ve been way worse with the install. And in the end I wanted to do it "right", with a motor build, so it just gets out of control money-wise.
I’m doing a pretty crazy off road turbo Samurai build, and it’s turned out to be twice the time and twice the cost. My advice to all vehicle mods including motorcycles, stick to bolt-on unless you’re ready to bleed out copious amounts of cash.

Well I’m going back up there soon, will post in for sale thread lots of little items.