Notices
Forced Induction Turbochargers and Superchargers..Got Boost?

Poor idle w/ FI and other, FIXED!

Search this Thread

Old 03-21-2004, 07:36 PM
swinke

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Poor idle w/ FI and other, FIXED!

Interesting thing today.....

I decided to move the FJO WB-o2 tach pickup wire from an individual coil wire to the shared location where the E-Manage picks up its RPM from. I have had an ocassional cough/stutter at idle since the install of the Procharger/FJO (asumed it was normal since the Z's idle funny anyway). The FJO instructions tell you to hook to an individual coil trigger. Well, no more cough. Wonder how much HP that was costing me? Had to have been dropping out at high R's. Its quite a bit smoother in low/mid rpm partial load situations now also. Could have been part of my nasty det' problem?
Old 03-21-2004, 08:26 PM
Enron Exec

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: Poor idle w/ FI and other, FIXED!

Originally posted by swinke
Interesting thing today.....

I decided to move the FJO WB-o2 tach pickup wire from an individual coil wire to the shared location where the E-Manage picks up its RPM from. I have had an ocassional cough/stutter at idle since the install of the Procharger/FJO (asumed it was normal since the Z's idle funny anyway). The FJO instructions tell you to hook to an individual coil trigger. Well, no more cough. Wonder how much HP that was costing me? Had to have been dropping out at high R's. Its quite a bit smoother in low/mid rpm partial load situations now also. Could have been part of my nasty det' problem?
I had a simular problem about 2 weeks ago when my dealer installed some new cooler plugs but didnt fully connect a few coil packs. I was getting multiple cylinder misfires and had the awefull idle/ruff ride. I was only putting 257 to the wheels with the ATI and aggresive settings. If i was missing 2 cylinders then, i should have been making around 385 if everything was done correctly.