Notices
Forced Induction Turbochargers and Superchargers..Got Boost?

Twin Turbo System completed! 402 WHP @ 6.4 Lbs

Search this Thread

Old 04-01-2004, 05:38 AM
MIAPLAYA

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally posted by SSR Engineering
And greddy blew up a few 350z motors, so did top secret, better put them on your list for no-go's
Difference being that they stuck with and were still around to show everyone they did make it work. You dropped off the face of the earth because you COULDN'T make it work on the B15. If you think I'm going to trust your company with my Z your insane. You couldn't tune a turbo kit a a very non-complex 4 cylinder and you want me to think you can tune one for the much more complex VQ35....you've gone nucking futs. You've already shown that your kits reliabilty is in question with the fact that you have stated you are not reducing timing at all. I tend to believe companies like Greddy/Trust, and ATI that timing is a factor. The proof of timing adjustment being needed is all over the board. Talk to all the people with the ATI kit who blew their motors. But still you insist you know more than a company like Greddy/Trust who has been doing this since you were drving Power Wheels. Get a clue. Good luck to the poor schmoo who you "sponsored". Hope you like ball bearing shaped pistons.
Old 04-01-2004, 06:07 AM
kjbalto

Gurgen, yours won't the first G35 sedan TT either. A guy on g35driver had a sedan TT but he tragically passed away in a car accident. That was a horrible story and I hope his family is okay.
Old 04-01-2004, 06:29 AM
SSR Engineering

Originally posted by zimbo
I sure hope G35SC T.T. doesn't live to regret your naivete.

--Steve
At least, read my whole post.. I simply stated at low boost pressures timing is not an issue, nothing about 10PSI and stock timing thats different. Timing becomes an issue when the static compression ratio is very high and your trying to run on a low octane solution, when you retard timing too much you actually run hotter.
Old 04-01-2004, 06:32 AM
SSR Engineering

Originally posted by MIAPLAYA
I tend to believe companies like Greddy/Trust, and ATI that timing is a factor. The proof of timing adjustment being needed is all over the board. Talk to all the people with the ATI kit who blew their motors. But still you insist you know more than a company like Greddy/Trust who has been doing this since you were drving Power Wheels. Get a clue. Good luck to the poor schmoo who you "sponsored". Hope you like ball bearing shaped pistons.
Why don't you ask the people with the ATI kit what kind of cheap fuel solution they got with the kit.
Old 04-01-2004, 06:54 AM
MIAPLAYA

Why don't you ask the people with the ATI kit what kind of cheap fuel solution they got with the kit.
Yeah and your "black box" is the ultimate in tuning technology right?
Old 04-01-2004, 06:57 AM
SSR Engineering

Yeah and your "black box" is the ultimate in tuning technology right?
I'm not saying it's the greatest thing ever, but we have a complete fuel solution as well, which other kits out there come with a boost dependant fuel pressure regulator, a stainless fuel return line, 6 new injectors, stainless fuel lines etc.
Old 04-01-2004, 06:57 AM
ravaz

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Cheap? That's why 2 of the top HP Z's on this board use the same kind of setup. Right.

Are you going to post the dynos? I'd like to see it.
Old 04-01-2004, 07:01 AM
ravaz

And greddy blew up a few 350z motors, so did top secret, better put them on your list for no-go's
Didn't those companies blow the engines on their own cars, not on a customers car? Not trying to start beef just saying
Old 04-01-2004, 07:01 AM
MIAPLAYA

I'm not saying it's the greatest thing ever, but we have a complete fuel solution as well, which other kits out there come with a boost dependant fuel pressure regulator, a stainless fuel return line, 6 new injectors, stainless fuel lines etc.
And a what point does this tell me that timing has been addressed. People with the Vortech, Greddy, PE kits all still have to use a timing solution and those kits run rich as hell out of the box. So explain to me again how your kit doesn't need timing correction just because you have a solution for fuel pressure.
Old 04-01-2004, 07:03 AM
MIAPLAYA

Originally posted by ravaz
Didn't those companies blow the engines on their own cars, not on a customers car? Not trying to start beef just saying
Exactly. And I already know your response...Oh the guy with the B15 had nitrous before right? Guess what so did fluidz and somehow his boosted Z hasn't blown up. Oh but then again his kit was from a reputable company and installed by another reputable company.
Old 04-01-2004, 08:05 AM
SSR Engineering

Exactly. And I already know your response...Oh the guy with the B15 had nitrous before right? Guess what so did fluidz and somehow his boosted Z hasn't blown up. Oh but then again his kit was from a reputable company and installed by another reputable company.
MIAPLAYA, The guy with the B15 had a Sentra and it was equipped with an NX system. It was his Sentra, not Fluidz Z. The difference there is it's two complete cars and two completely different owners, do you personally know either one of them or their driving styles?

What are you saying, since one guy had nitrous his car didn't blow up that they all won't? I dont understand the logistics behind this statement. If so, it's like saying one guy blew up his ATI Z and so they all will, or since one didn't they all won't.
Old 04-01-2004, 08:11 AM
SSR Engineering

And a what point does this tell me that timing has been addressed. People with the Vortech, Greddy, PE kits all still have to use a timing solution and those kits run rich as hell out of the box. So explain to me again how your kit doesn't need timing correction just because you have a solution for fuel pressure.
Timing is relevant to boost pressures solely, mainly because at a certain boost pressure with a certain compression ratio your going to have something called the static compression ratio. As the static compression ratio rises there is a formula that shows what octane fuel you have to run in order to keep the standard timing. At a low boost pressure like 6.5PSI you do not need to retard timing. We have 11:1 cars pushing 8-9PSI on stock timing and they have been running now for over a year.

I'm not saying timing isn't essential however, when you get to higher boost pressures (8-10PSI) we suggest retarding timing.

We're going to prove it's not essential at 6.5 psi, and so far so good.
Old 04-01-2004, 08:19 AM
SirMikel1

just a quick question.. your 402 whp @6.5 psi.. was that on pump fuel? or race fuel?
Old 04-01-2004, 08:22 AM
SSR Engineering

Originally posted by SirMikel1
just a quick question.. your 402 whp @6.5 psi.. was that on pump fuel? or race fuel?
Crappy California 91 Octane
Old 04-01-2004, 10:11 AM
spazpilot

SSR Engineering

I see that you enjoy bashing other companies. Not smart if you ask me. Greddy did not blow up an engine, they ended up destroying the wire harness throughout there R&D by trying to use the timing feature on the emange, which I heard some companies have it working. Not bad for a company who was one of the first to build a turbo kit for the car. Top Secret on the other hand lives on the edge, and that is what they do. They pushed there OWN CAR to the limits to see what the motor can handle. PE only runs there car at 4psi because of lack of timing out of the box. these companies have been building and working on these kits since the car came out. It took greddy a year to come out with the kit since we first heard of it. If you were to call greddy and ask about raising the boost above the 5.7, the first thing they say is that you might want to invest in some kind of timing control. Not all companies can be wrong. as for over 400 at 6.4 you might want to have your dyno recalibrated. Greddy 8psi 400rwhp, pe 8psi 400, and skiddazles custom 8psi 400, top secret 8psi 400 and that is with a standalone on the fuel and timing side and no mass sensor. I was really looking into your intake manifold but now that I know how you work by bashing other companies I will be looking and waiting for someone elses product.

MIAPLAYA:

I see that you are upset with this company. But its really not worth arguing with them. Time will tell and the first person who will buy the kit and put it on the dyno to realize that there only pulling about 360-370. well will know then or even worse try to get that 400 and raise the boost to 8 just to see it blow because of lack of timing control. My .02 to all no matter what FI kit you get please buy some kind of timing box wether its the J&S or the TS ecu or for the electrical guys the emange if you can get it to work safely.
Old 04-01-2004, 10:49 AM
350Now

Pics of Dyno Please
Old 04-01-2004, 12:01 PM
MIAPLAYA

Timing is relevant to boost pressures solely, mainly because at a certain boost pressure with a certain compression ratio your going to have something called the static compression ratio. As the static compression ratio rises there is a formula that shows what octane fuel you have to run in order to keep the standard timing. At a low boost pressure like 6.5PSI you do not need to retard timing. We have 11:1 cars pushing 8-9PSI on stock timing and they have been running now for over a year.

I'm not saying timing isn't essential however, when you get to higher boost pressures (8-10PSI) we suggest retarding timing.

We're going to prove it's not essential at 6.5 psi, and so far so good.
Hmm only relevant at higher boost. And you're trying to tell me that at 6.5 PSI there is no need to adjust timing. Let me ask you something. How much boost does the Vortech kit make... 7PSI. ATI makes the same. Now granted that different compressors make different anmounts of power but what your telling me is that a T3 at 6.5 PSI can run safely where as a centrif. supercharger at 7 PSI has to pull timing. Furthermore your telling me that PE and Greddy who use smaller turbos were unable to run that amount of boost without pulling timing but you somehow have the magic formula that allows you to do it under the same testing conditions. Well.....let me climb up a little higher on my chair cause it just started floating in bullsh!t. Even people running the Vortech kit out of the box have had to use some form of timing control at 6 PSI. Greddy is boosting 5.6 PSI and they are pullin time. What EXACTLY is it that makes you think you know more than a company that has been boosting imports since you were just a little valve stem on the tire of a port a sh!tter truck. I have seen this song and dance before. And there are a lot of former B15 owners here who saw it to. You did the exact same thing on B15 except there the doubtful one was Niceguy. I watched and read all the posts and thats why I refuse to trust your company and will not let you get away with it here.
Old 04-01-2004, 12:08 PM
MIAPLAYA

MIAPLAYA, The guy with the B15 had a Sentra and it was equipped with an NX system. It was his Sentra, not Fluidz Z. The difference there is it's two complete cars and two completely different owners, do you personally know either one of them or their driving styles?

What are you saying, since one guy had nitrous his car didn't blow up that they all won't? I dont understand the logistics behind this statement. If so, it's like saying one guy blew up his ATI Z and so they all will, or since one didn't they all won't.
That is the EXACT assumption you made on b15. When people started clowning you for talking **** on all the other companies who had turbo kits in the works and then blowing yours up, what did you do? You said "Oh well this guy had nitrous and thats why it blew". Funny how that was never even proved. No one ever said they could anything wrong with the motor that was DIRECTLY related to him having had Nitrous. As a matter of fact I'm pretty sure you had to have JWT do the tear down and I dont ever remember any info saying that the motor had any damage at all from the nitrous. As a matter of fact I remeber that you kept telling everyone it was fine until someone on B15 called JWT and JWT told them your car was there and you had blown it. Real trustworthy company. I think your gonna find it a lot harder to BS the people here. These guys have actually tuned cars before. They're not kids. These guys have been in the game for a while. if you had a half a brain you would take what some of these people who have already boosted their car are saying and use it. Instead of clowning or ATTEMPTING to clown a company like Trust/Greddy. Trust has FORGOTTEN more about turbos than YOU will EVER know

Last edited by MIAPLAYA; 04-01-2004 at 12:12 PM.
Old 04-01-2004, 12:11 PM
GurgenPB
UltimateSleeper

Originally posted by kjbalto
Gurgen, yours won't the first G35 sedan TT either. A guy on g35driver had a sedan TT but he tragically passed away in a car accident. That was a horrible story and I hope his family is okay.
I know , i was talking in the context of the PE kit. I've mentioned it so may times that i fortgot to be specific. I meant the first PE TT G35. (outside of teh one used for fitment testing by PE themselves.)

G
Old 04-01-2004, 12:16 PM
MIAPLAYA

Bump for melted pistons

Quick Reply: Twin Turbo System completed! 402 WHP @ 6.4 Lbs