Notices
Forced Induction Turbochargers and Superchargers..Got Boost?

Twin Turbo System completed! 402 WHP @ 6.4 Lbs

Search this Thread

Old 04-02-2004, 08:59 AM
exploder

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Alright guys, I have been running a shop for the last 4 years.....so I would imagine that I know quite a bit about cars and tuning. First of all, I realize that many z owners are hesitant about buying sub-par parts for their cars and should likely be wary before they buy these products. TLately, this forum has seemed to turn into a place where all everyone does is bash products....when the company replies someone asks another question about the product.....then between the posts people with hardly enough knowledge about anything that has to do with cars jump on the bandwagon and look for anything to make the product not worthy, hell you guys even go to lenghths to correct spelling. There are some of us that actually know about cars and try to make things better for all members, however you never would find them in this particular post because they know that people like miaplaya or whatever his name is and others are just going to flame him to. STOP POSTING IF YOU DON'T KNOW WHAT YOUR TALKING ABOUT. Who cares if they blew up a motor, do you honestly think that a real shop has never blown up a motor before? It's all part of it, you have to pay to play. People and shops alike learn from their mistakes which I am sure ssr has done, all that I ask is for members who think they know everything about cars because they read it somewhere else on another forum please refreain from making stupid comments. If you have ever owned/run a shop or do real performance fabrication (not hey I can put a motor in a honda or I put my own turbo kit on so I am the ultimate authority) then you know where I am coming from. Lets all just wait and see what comes of this kit and let it be, if you don't like it don't buy it but you don't have to bash everything about it along the way. Vent off::
Old 04-02-2004, 10:32 AM
IceY2K1Max

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

That's simply not true. I know you're just stating what the article said, but that article is wrong.

The VQ35 rods are hot coined vanadium steel making them considerably stronger then VQ30DE rods, which are standing up to 400+whp in more then one Maxima 15+psi in one and 13+psi+NX in another off the top of my head.

The piston speed is considerably more on the VQ35 due to the longer stroke, so maybe that's the fear at higher HP levels.

See ATTACHED below.

Originally posted by ZRAYGO
here is the mag:

DSPORT MAGAZINE
ISSUE 1S

PAGE: 79 AT THE BOTTOM OF THE PAGE IT READS:

"Not-so-Hot" Rod

Greddy Performance Products along with a number of other tuners that offer forced-induction options for the Nissan/Infiniti VQ35 V6 engine, are aware that the factory connecting rods will generaly fail when over 400 horsepower is generated at the wheels (meaning roughly 470 or more hp is generated at the flywheel). For this reason , a number of manufacturers limit the horsepower output of thier f/i ssytems so that th eengine reliability i snot put in jeopardy.

this is quoted strate from dsport magazine (the one with Francine Dee on the cover in front of a Greed 10.36 all-motor CRX). I wouldnt lie about something like this. This is the main reason that I am going to upgrade rods, pistons and cams before boost any thing past 5.6psi.
Attached Files
File Type: zip
nissan_vq2.zip (151.9 KB, 26 views)

Last edited by IceY2K1Max; 04-02-2004 at 10:35 AM.