Notices
Forced Induction Turbochargers and Superchargers..Got Boost?

Twin Turbo System completed! 402 WHP @ 6.4 Lbs

Search this Thread

Old 04-01-2004, 12:35 PM
booger

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally posted by SSR Engineering
Oh and when we dynoed, we dynoed in 3rd gear, not 4th where there is the 1:1 ratio and the most power. So theoretically this kit could still produce another 10-15-20WHP in 4th gear @ 6.4 PSI
Every time I have dynoed my car [g35 AT5] I got a couple less whp in 4th gear than in 3rd gear
Old 04-01-2004, 01:12 PM
SSR Engineering

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally posted by MIAPLAYA
Bump for melted pistons
As I stated previously, your purpose must only be for trolling here, as many of the things you stated were non-factual. JWT is right down the street and they wanted to see the block. catastrophic rod failure was the cause not melted pistons (which is a result from detonation), which you can ask the techs at JWT as being a result from prior nitrous use. Catastrophic rod failure can stem from stress fractures from Nitrous abuse. Like I said to you in other posts, if you want to talk about a sentra make a new post in off-topic, or call us, or PM us, or e-mail us, or fax us or whatever.
Old 04-01-2004, 01:13 PM
SSR Engineering

Originally posted by booger
Every time I have dynoed my car [g35 AT5] I got a couple less whp in 4th gear than in 3rd gear
It could be rising ambient air temperatures from running consecutive runs. But it's a fact that you will get the most hp when the ratio is 1:1
Old 04-01-2004, 01:15 PM
SSR Engineering

Originally posted by spazpilot
SSR Engineering

I see that you enjoy bashing other companies. Not smart if you ask me. Greddy did not blow up an engine, they ended up destroying the wire harness throughout there R&D by trying to use the timing feature on the emange, which I heard some companies have it working. Not bad for a company who was one of the first to build a turbo kit for the car. Top Secret on the other hand lives on the edge, and that is what they do. They pushed there OWN CAR to the limits to see what the motor can handle. PE only runs there car at 4psi because of lack of timing out of the box. these companies have been building and working on these kits since the car came out. It took greddy a year to come out with the kit since we first heard of it. If you were to call greddy and ask about raising the boost above the 5.7, the first thing they say is that you might want to invest in some kind of timing control.
We aren't bashing on any companies, or saying any of them are wrong. Greddy's standard turbo kit DOES NOT have timing control, and they are running .7 less boost then we are.
Old 04-01-2004, 01:17 PM
SSR Engineering

Originally posted by spazpilot
SSR Engineering

I see that you enjoy bashing other companies. Not smart if you ask me. Greddy did not blow up an engine, they ended up destroying the wire harness throughout there R&D by trying to use the timing feature on the emange, which I heard some companies have it working. Not bad for a company who was one of the first to build a turbo kit for the car. Top Secret on the other hand lives on the edge, and that is what they do. They pushed there OWN CAR to the limits to see what the motor can handle. PE only runs there car at 4psi because of lack of timing out of the box. these companies have been building and working on these kits since the car came out. It took greddy a year to come out with the kit since we first heard of it. If you were to call greddy and ask about raising the boost above the 5.7, the first thing they say is that you might want to invest in some kind of timing control.
We aren't bashing on any companies, or saying any of them are wrong. Greddy's standard turbo kit DOES NOT have timing control, and they are running .7 less boost then we are. If I compared to any other companies I was just pointing out the fact that we have addressed the fuel supply issue completely and made an alternative which in result is more expensive but there is alot more security in the kit.
Old 04-01-2004, 02:09 PM
RIVET

We aren't bashing on any companies, or saying any of them are wrong. Greddy's standard turbo kit DOES NOT have timing control, and they are running .7 less boost then we are. If I compared to any other companies I was just pointing out the fact that we have addressed the fuel supply issue completely and made an alternative which in result is more expensive but there is alot more security in the kit.
Trust me, dumping more fuel in is not the solution and frankly makes me question your methods. Don't you think companies with a lot more experience in the industry(Greddy/Trust, Vortech etc. ) would have figured that out by now? You'll see.
Old 04-01-2004, 02:13 PM
SSR Engineering

Originally posted by RIVET
Trust me, dumping more fuel in is not the solution and frankly makes me question your methods. Don't you think companies with a lot more experience in the industry(Greddy/Trust, Vortech etc. ) would have figured that out by now? You'll see.
Greddy/TRUST is NOT retarding timing at standard boost.
Old 04-01-2004, 02:19 PM
MIAPLAYA

As I stated previously, your purpose must only be for trolling here, as many of the things you stated were non-factual. JWT is right down the street and they wanted to see the block. catastrophic rod failure was the cause not melted pistons (which is a result from detonation), which you can ask the techs at JWT as being a result from prior nitrous use. Catastrophic rod failure can stem from stress fractures from Nitrous abuse. Like I said to you in other posts, if you want to talk about a sentra make a new post in off-topic, or call us, or PM us, or e-mail us, or fax us or whatever.
Non-factual...I ask any board member here to go to B15sentra.net and do a search on your screen name if they doubt one OUNCE of what I am saying. As for your "right down the street" comment. Last I saw you were in Az not Cali. Oh yeah thats because you actually dont do ANY of the work yourself. You, how did you put it on b15 "outsource" the work. So pretty much you claim to have engineered and produced this kit but have not touched the car and then make claims about the work you did not do. Not to mention that the work that IS done blows up. And I will post anywhere I f@cking want to. You do not own this board and you are not an admin. I am not post whoring. What I AM doing is making sure that these board memebers know your rather shady history before the waste their money and loose their motor. I NEVER said the Sentra melted the pistons. not once. If you could read I said you would soon be melting some VQ35 pistons. the other motor simply blew the F@ck up. i saw pictures of the rods. Your tuning on that kit just as this one was sub-par. i now count AT LEAST 4 posts in this thread of people other than myself questioning your tuning method. You what decided that if you dump enough fuel into the motor timing wont matter. Sounds like a good idea. But then again putting wheels on a refrigerator and driving it down the f@cking street sounds like a good idea to someone I'm sure but it doesn't mean it is. By the way, good job addressing the integrity of your company. I'm sure next you'll tell me how Greddy blew up a motor and swore up and down it didn't until a third party confirmed it did. Oh yeah, you can't. Thats cause those kind of companies are REPUTABLE.
Old 04-01-2004, 02:21 PM
SSR Engineering

Greddy/TRUST is NOT retarding timing at standard boost.
Old 04-01-2004, 02:28 PM
MIAPLAYA

Looks just like the dyno shop in Santee. Further proof that the car is in Cali while you are in AZ. i guess there are no dyno shops between here and there. That or what I'm saying is true....you did NO work on this.
Old 04-01-2004, 02:29 PM
MIAPLAYA

Oh BTW I know the dyno shop does A/f readings. how bout showing those WITH the dyno chart.
Old 04-01-2004, 02:31 PM
JonathanG35

appreciate the dyno, we want to see af as well.
Old 04-01-2004, 02:33 PM
SSR Engineering

Looks just like the dyno shop in Santee. Further proof that the car is in Cali while you are in AZ. i guess there are no dyno shops between here and there. That or what I'm saying is true....you did NO work on this.
Just because we have a retail location in Arizona can't mean we do our fabrication in California?
Old 04-01-2004, 02:34 PM
MIAPLAYA

Just because we have a retail location in Arizona can't mean we do our fabrication in California?
dude seriously, you want me to link the thread from B15 where about 4 billion board members asked you where you were and questioned some of the other work you CLAIMED you did and all you could say was you outsourced. Don't get clowned
Old 04-01-2004, 02:36 PM
SSR Engineering

Well you seem to repeat yourself alot, and this arguing is going nowhere. Our g35 Dynoed 402WHP.

Last edited by SSR Engineering; 04-01-2004 at 02:41 PM.
Old 04-01-2004, 02:44 PM
SSR Engineering

dude seriously, you want me to link the thread from B15 where about 4 billion board members asked you where you were and questioned some of the other work you CLAIMED you did and all you could say was you outsourced. Don't get clowned
Everyone starts somewhere, we have only been open to the public for about 8 months now. Sorry we couldn't open up and have a million dollar budget.
Old 04-01-2004, 02:46 PM
MIAPLAYA

Yeah, you caught us we are guilty of the ultimate biblical sin. Blowing up a sentra motor . It seems you avoid my questions as do those on other forums. If sub-par tuning resulted in a blown motor why did it blow up on the first run at a 10:1 a/f ratio. If you know a thing or two about cars you'll realize that 10:1 is extremely rich and detonation would be as likely as getting struck by lightning. Enough arguing about it.

The reason I can tell your here just to troll around and be an ***, is because you didnt give us any credit for making a 402WHP G35. The facts are in front of you, it made 402WHP theres a chart, and it's still running.
WHAT?! Dude all I saw was videos of what you said was a completed turbo kit ON THE SENTRA doing ricer burnouts in a parking lot. than your next thread was that you were going to be tuning it. Then you posted dyno results that you CLAIMED were from "initial tuning". Then next thing we hear the motor blew. So now you're going to tell me that it blew on the FIRST dyno run. Thats not what you said on b15.

Heres the thread with videos of the completed "turbo" Spec V http://www.b15sentra.net/forums/show...sr+engineering

Heres the thread that claims this was the FIRST dyno run; http://www.b15sentra.net/forums/show...sr+engineering

Heres the thread where you claim its ready to go:
http://www.b15sentra.net/forums/show...sr+engineering

Heres the thread where it blew up and you tried covering your @ss: http://www.b15sentra.net/forums/show...sr+engineering

Oh and this thread says IT ALL: http://www.b15sentra.net/forums/show...sr+engineering
Old 04-01-2004, 02:47 PM
slay2k

Sounds like a good idea. But then again putting wheels on a refrigerator and driving it down the f@cking street sounds like a good idea to someone
rofl... MIA you bein a little too aggressive maybe ? Take it easy man..
Old 04-01-2004, 02:49 PM
zimbo

Ok, MiaPlaya you've made your point.

To the topic at hand... That dyno doesn't say SAE corrected and I've never heard of a Dyno Dynamic dynamometer. But that's really beside the point.

The real point is that there have been *several* documented cases of professionally tuned cars blowing up motors at 7 psi and at least one I know of that blew up at 6 psi. One can speculate as to the reason--but I'm not alone when I opine that an A/F ratio of 11.5 without any timing retard seems insufficient conservative protection all by itself.

Also, not all dyno machines get better HP results in 4th gear (or 5th for the manual tranny).

--Steve
Old 04-01-2004, 02:49 PM
MIAPLAYA

Originally posted by slay2k
rofl... MIA you bein a little too aggressive maybe ? Take it easy man..
Read some of the threads I linked. ESPECIALLY the last one. It says it all.

Quick Reply: Twin Turbo System completed! 402 WHP @ 6.4 Lbs