Notices
Forced Induction Turbochargers and Superchargers..Got Boost?

Greddy + Technosquare for timing

Search this Thread

Old 04-08-2004, 02:42 AM
mjedens

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default What You Need !!

The $50 rpm harness is a separate item that I purchased first that was used for a shift light and/or window switch!! You do not need this if you are buying the rest of the items from UR to adjust the timing and A/F! As far as TS programming a target A/F for my car, it simply did not work. It's possible that if I had had the 440 injectors at that time and could have taken my car to them, they could have helped.
Old 04-08-2004, 11:00 AM
350Now

Agree we already have the rpm adapter if you have the Greddy TT. So all we need is the ignition harness and some instruction to wire it.
Old 04-08-2004, 11:38 AM
03_ppw350z

in all actuallity the greddy instructions have the wiring pin outs for each number coil you just would have to match coil number from greddy emanage ignition harness to coil number on the rpm harness greddy provides.
Old 04-08-2004, 03:24 PM
PhoenixINX

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally posted by Mike@Altered
I modified the factory timing maps on my 350Z about six months ago and the car has been running like a champ ever sence. Three/Four months ago or so, I installed and made a Flash for 440cc injectors and forced induction. I have litteraly ran the **** out of my car ever sence and she keeps going and going. The car drives like factory with the 440cc injectors. I'd like to try 500-550cc inectors but don't have a need for them on my Z yet.
Are you saying you picked up the Tectom, and you're now reflashing?

If so... does this mean you found a way to control the 440s?
Old 04-08-2004, 05:10 PM
Sharif@Forged
Sponsor
Forged Performance

When reprogramming the factory ECU a tuner can set a target a/f ratio, so the car will compensate (to a sertain extent) automatically.

I modified the factory timing maps on my 350Z about six months ago and the car has been running like a champ ever sence. Three/Four months ago or so, I installed and made a Flash for 440cc injectors and forced induction. I have litteraly ran the **** out of my car ever sence and she keeps going and going. The car drives like factory with the 440cc injectors. I'd like to try 500-550cc inectors but don't have a need for them on my Z yet.

All in all, most forced induction 350Z's/G35's I've reprogrammed have picked up decent power with lower timing. Hopefully people with forced induction, or those considering forced induction, will really put value in the power results I'm sharing and adjust their timing sooner than later. =)

Hope this helps,

Say what??? How exactly to you reflash/reprogram your own ECU. It took Technosquare months of trial/error/R&D to hack the ECU. Please elaborate.
Old 04-08-2004, 05:16 PM
jesseenglish

Altered Atmosphere has had the same software as Technosquare for quite a while now. You don't hear much about them, but they can do it too. I believe there is also a shop in Texas who can reprogram ECU's Fisher Speed I think.
Old 04-08-2004, 05:20 PM
Sharif@Forged
Sponsor
Forged Performance

Originally posted by jesseenglish
Altered Atmosphere has had the same software as Technosquare for quite a while now. You don't hear much about them, but they can do it too. I believe there is also a shop in Texas who can reprogram ECU's Fisher Speed I think.
I understand that you can read it and flash it, but how did they decipher the coding? I thought it was pretty complicate code...but maybe I am wrong here.
Old 04-09-2004, 11:50 AM
IceY2K1Max

JWT also has the "Mighty Map" software and has been working on tuning a 350z with their IHI TT kit.

So, a *SIMPLE* solution then I guess if for SOMEONE to post up the UR INSTRUCTIONS, right?

Can somebody? Pretty sure you didn't sign/swear to secrecy.
Old 04-09-2004, 12:04 PM
mjedens

Default Simple Solution !!

Call Ultimate Racing!! I didn't swear to secrecy but I did buy it from them and it was "not expensive". They are also very helpful and supportive to their clients.
Old 04-09-2004, 01:27 PM
Mike@Altered
Banned

Altered Atmosphere has had the same software as Technosquare for quite a while now. You don't hear much about them, but they can do it too.

Correct, we have similar software. We've taken a real conservative approach and have been testing most of our programs at lenght on my own car before we make them widely avaialble / known. We've currently extend programming, for the most part, to our good/longterm/local customers - many of whom do not participate on the automotive forums.

Currently, I'm using a program on my 350Z for forced induction and 440cc injectors. Car runs like a champ with the stock ATI 7# pulley (which actually runs the better part of 8psi). We also have a customer with the GReddy TT kit with our program for factory fuel pump who, with very safe/conservative timing, makes 345-350hp at 0.4bar and 362hp at .45bar.

See ya,
Old 04-09-2004, 03:57 PM
BigDogJonx

Alright, Im probably going to look like a newbie but might as well chime in here.

I have the eManage installed in my Turbo Maxima. Now when I first wires the ignition harness, I burned the coil on #4 in two days, it caught fire litterally and burned a hole into itself. Also a P1320 (ignition signal) code was always on. So then found out from some people that the problem here is that the eManage is not bringing the coilpack signal wire completely down to ground during revolutions and is causing the coilpack to stay on all the time which causes it to burn up.

So I then put a .7V forward dropping resistor (similar to a 1N4007) on the output signal lines of the ignition harness on the eManage. Ran the car for a few days (with a new coilpack) and didnt burn the coilpacks at all. Now check and dont have the 1320 code anymore, except it shows up in Pending on my Harrison OBDII, so that means ECU believes there is a "possible" problem but not 100% sure yet. But now the problem is that when I go WOT or start boosting at partial throttle, the car litterally starts bucking. So I pull over, disconnect the ignition wires at the ecu (thanks to putting quick connects on it) and put it basically back to stock. Just the ignition harness basically was removed. And drove the car, no problems. Also wanted to add when the car was bucking, NO timing was advanced or retarded anywhere. The entire map was clear. Didnt even have a chance to play with it much. All I did play with it is that when it was sitting in the garage I advanced the timing 3degreed at idle and definetely heard the engine change its tune, so that made me kinda confirm the system was hooked up correctly and works. But still issues.

So till now its still removed and the J&S is in its place for now.

But my question is (maybe I didnt read the thread correctly) but what exactly does this RPM harness do? How does this harness make the timing control work? From what I know sounds like then they are saying that the eManage is not correctly getting the RPM signal as well? Sorry I dont understand what this harness does or how it helps.

Dixit
Old 04-09-2004, 04:40 PM
Guru

BigDog. May want to give Ultimate Racing a call as they have figured out how to use timing harness for the 350 and should carry over to the Maxima as well.
Old 04-09-2004, 07:36 PM
PhoenixINX

Correct, we have similar software. We've taken a real conservative approach and have been testing most of our programs at lenght on my own car before we make them widely avaialble / known. We've currently extend programming, for the most part, to our good/longterm/local customers - many of whom do not participate on the automotive forums.

Currently, I'm using a program on my 350Z for forced induction and 440cc injectors. Car runs like a champ with the stock ATI 7# pulley (which actually runs the better part of 8psi). We also have a customer with the GReddy TT kit with our program for factory fuel pump who, with very safe/conservative timing, makes 345-350hp at 0.4bar and 362hp at .45bar.

See ya,
Mike, I figured you were running such a thing...

... and before I go pointing fingers... could you bring to the table how you're controlling the 440s?

Bottomline, I see ZERO reason the ECU can't be flashed to accept them... or 510+...

Could you perhaps give some of your insight why Tasdashi continues to have difficulties running anything larger than the 380s?
Old 04-09-2004, 07:56 PM
jesseenglish

Yeah, I've been irritated about that for a while now. There should be absolutely no reason why 440's won't work. The only real problem I could see is it might run a bit rich at idle because it's harder to accurately adjust smaller pulsewidths as the injector gets larger.

BTW, how in the hell did you get 6 strikes?

Last edited by jesseenglish; 04-09-2004 at 07:59 PM.
Old 04-10-2004, 02:01 AM
mjedens

Default For What It's Worth !!!

After first switching to 440 injectors, there is a short SW program you run before cranking to make the 440's work similiar to the stock 280's. You can then run the car on a dyno to make your tuning changes , adjusting fuel at the different rpm levels to get your desired A/F ratios. I now have different maps (fuel & timing ) set up so I can switch from N/A to n2o runs. I do have a AEM wideband so you can see the differences without being on a dyno.

For those that might be interested in the above , I'll be @ both the Nashville event on the 17th of April and Fontana Village,N.C. on the 21st of May. I'll bring a laptop so you can actually sit down and make changes and do whatever, I'll hold PhoenixINX responsible for getting my car to run after everyone is thru playing!!!
Old 04-10-2004, 06:19 AM
PhoenixINX

Yeah, I've been irritated about that for a while now. There should be absolutely no reason why 440's won't work. The only real problem I could see is it might run a bit rich at idle because it's harder to accurately adjust smaller pulsewidths as the injector gets larger.

BTW, how in the hell did you get 6 strikes?
I figured since the first one was BS, Doug having Victor give me a second as an April fools joke... I said, why not...

"Victor, how many can you make fit? Strikes R COOL!"

Originally posted by mjedens
After first switching to 440 injectors, there is a short SW program you run before cranking to make the 440's work similiar to the stock 280's. You can then run the car on a dyno to make your tuning changes , adjusting fuel at the different rpm levels to get your desired A/F ratios. I now have different maps (fuel & timing ) set up so I can switch from N/A to n2o runs. I do have a AEM wideband so you can see the differences without being on a dyno.

Mike, what we're wanting ... is for the Technosquare flash ITSELF to utilize the 440s. Instead of having to be run by the eManage.

For those that might be interested in the above , I'll be @ both the Nashville event on the 17th of April and Fontana Village,N.C. on the 21st of May. I'll bring a laptop so you can actually sit down and make changes and do whatever, I'll hold PhoenixINX responsible for getting my car to run after everyone is thru playing!!!
Oh yes folks... I will be tuning Mike's car...

Look for me, I'll be the one of the one's being neighborly... (No worries, we'll teach everyone this terminology.)

... you'll recognize Mike, he'll be the one for letting me tune his car.

Either way Tail of the Dragon (Fontana Village) is going to be a BLAST!
Old 04-10-2004, 09:13 AM
mjedens

Default TS Flash for 440 injectors

The TS flash would still not work for me! With all my bolt on's (and 268 cams) I would not feel confident that they could get it right without my car being there. I would also want separate maps for N/A and n20!!
Old 04-10-2004, 09:21 AM
PhoenixINX

Default Re: TS Flash for 440 injectors

The TS flash would still not work for me! With all my bolt on's (and 268 cams) I would not feel confident that they could get it right without my car being there. I would also want separate maps for N/A and n20!!
That makes sense with you having both... wanting both maps.

Though this round I have to give Tasdashi credit, it sounds like they have got it right for the turbo cars.

Their timing is sitting right where it needs to be, and their AF is 11.4 across the board.

Not too shabby.
Old 04-10-2004, 09:31 AM
jesseenglish

Default Re: TS Flash for 440 injectors

Can't you drive your car up to Maryland to ge the flash done?

Why do you want different maps for N20? You're never going to be driving purely on N20 so you couldn't really use a map for that. If you needed, you could get a timing system such as the J&S safeguard that will automatically retard timing xx degrees when your N20 is activated. The jets should take care of the fuel situation.
Old 04-10-2004, 11:52 AM
Mike@Altered
Banned

Default Re: Re: TS Flash for 440 injectors

Originally posted by PhoenixINX
Though this round I have to give Tasdashi credit, it sounds like they have got it right for the turbo cars.
Their timing is sitting right where it needs to be, and their AF is 11.4 across the board.
Not too shabby.
Tasdashi definatly deserves much credit, he basically pioneered/spent time researching/figured out a starting parameter which enabled me and I beleive one or two more people in the United States to have a reference point with a known definition in the factory bit code. After that, its all up to the tuner to figure out the addresses, what they are, and values.

Quick Reply: Greddy + Technosquare for timing