Notices
Forced Induction Turbochargers and Superchargers..Got Boost?

Greddy + Technosquare for timing

Search this Thread

Old 04-10-2004, 12:43 PM
PhoenixINX

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: Re: Re: TS Flash for 440 injectors

Originally posted by Mike@Altered
Tasdashi definatly deserves much credit, he basically pioneered/spent time researching/figured out a starting parameter which enabled me and I beleive one or two more people in the United States to have a reference point with a known definition in the factory bit code. After that, its all up to the tuner to figure out the addresses, what they are, and values.
You still haven't answered my question...

Why do you think you already have the 440s figured out? ... More so, why can't he control them?
Old 04-10-2004, 04:13 PM
mjedens

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default "jesseenglish"

You are correct about the fuel map. I just added fuel while N/A to finally get the A/F where I wanted it. I use the same map for n2o, just fine tune with the fuel jet. After sending my ecu to California "many times" and getting answers like "I don't know why we can't adjust the A/F below 14.5", I decided my car had a "personal problem"! I don't know if I had created the problem with the Tomei 268's or what but felt I had a shortage of fuel and no control! The best answer for me has turned out to be larger injectors and the emanage. This has also given me the capability to have timing maps for both N/A and n2o. It might be a false sense of security, but it feels good to have some control of things locally. If Maryland had been there in the beginning, that would have been a logical choice. After spending over $900 for flashes, spending that same amount again without knowing it was a sure thing was out of the question. Ultimate Racing guranteed me the fuel and timing could be adjusted and for less money. They were right! I am pleased with my TS rev limiter increase but haven't seen the need for the 156 speed limiter removal in 1/4 mile runs yet!!
Old 04-10-2004, 04:38 PM
jesseenglish

Oh, I agree with you. That's why I haven't TS'd my ECU yet. I can do my own tuning, so why pay someone else to do it, when I can do it more accurately to my conditions.
Old 04-10-2004, 09:31 PM
350Zzzz
Professional

From what I understand, the issue with the coils is due to improper harness connections; and apparently the Canadian group has resolved the harness connection question.

But what baffles me is that the Greddy tech. themselves are clueless about the proper application for their E-manage

I am leaning towards the Greddy E-Manage myself.

G
Old 04-11-2004, 01:08 AM
swinke

Originally posted by 350Zzzz
From what I understand, the issue with the coils is due to improper harness connections; and apparently the Canadian group has resolved the harness connection question.

But what baffles me is that the Greddy tech. themselves are clueless about the proper application for their E-manage

I am leaning towards the Greddy E-Manage myself.

G
Is it just me or does it seem like the Greddy US crew does not have a clue? Thank (insert your higher power here) that Trust of Japan is the parent company and does have a clue and makes a great product. Maybe someday the Trust VP's will stop sending there spoiled brat kids over from Japan to run the Greddy division and send an actual engineer here to deal with the USDM issues with there product first hand.

I can only hope!
Old 04-11-2004, 02:03 AM
spazpilot

Greddy US originally could not get the emanage to work at all at first, so Trust Japan had to send an engineer to get it to work for there TT kit. I wouldn't really trust much greddy US says. I would have to agree they are clueless.
Old 04-11-2004, 02:04 AM
spazpilot

PS: I still do love the turbo kit though
Old 04-11-2004, 11:39 AM
Mike@Altered
Banned

Default Re: Re: Re: Re: TS Flash for 440 injectors

Originally posted by PhoenixINX
Why do you think you already have the 440s figured out? ... More so, why can't he control them?
My flash program for 440cc injectors includes an additional harness to scale back the air meters voltage. Without, I haven't been able to get the factory computer to take out enough fuel at idle with the 440cc injectors - although close, they seem to be outside of the scope of currently known tunability on the factory ecu. I'd like to try a set of injectors around 500cc when I get a chance as, from what I've seen with the 440cc injectors, I don't see a reason they wouldn't work with a different scalled harness and ignition maps.

Mike
Old 04-11-2004, 12:21 PM
350Zzzz
Professional

Originally posted by swinke
Is it just me or does it seem like the Greddy US crew does not have a clue? Thank (insert your higher power here) that Trust of Japan is the parent company and does have a clue and makes a great product. Maybe someday the Trust VP's will stop sending there spoiled brat kids over from Japan to run the Greddy division and send an actual engineer here to deal with the USDM issues with there product first hand.

I can only hope!
Hey swinke

Thank you for all the info. that you shared with me on fine tuning the greddy e-manage.

Happy Easter.

Best
Gerald