Notices
Forced Induction Turbochargers and Superchargers..Got Boost?

SSR Engineering TT Complete Product List and Introductory Pricing

Search this Thread

Old 04-05-2004, 03:25 PM
SSR Engineering

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default SSR Engineering TT Complete Product List and Introductory Pricing

2 - 304SS Exhaust Manifolds -
2 - 2.5'' 304SS Downpipe -
2 - Spearco Intercoolers
1 - 2.25'' and 2'' Aluminum Intercooler Piping
1 - HKS SSQV BOV
1 - 3'' Intercooler piping w/ custom MAF Sensor Fitting
2 - K&N Air Filters
2 - T3 Turbos
1 - Oil Sump Tank
1 - Stainless Oil Lines and Fittings
1 - Mocal Oil Pump
2 - 38mm Tial Wastegates
2 - Wastegate Dump Tubes
2 - Turbo Elbows inlets / outlets
1 - Split Second Fuel Controller
2 - CNC Mounting Brackets for Turbos
2 - 3-an Oil Feed lines, tees and fittings
10 - Silicone hoses and Clamps

Bringing the Grand Total to...... $8,295 Retail Pricing
And For the Introductory Pricing we will be offering the kit at $7,850 with 10 orders.

For Photos of our Kit and Others go here
SSR Engineering TT Kit
For the Dyno Graph Go here
Dyno Chart
And Here
Air Fuel Chart

Last edited by SSR Engineering; 04-05-2004 at 03:33 PM.
Old 04-06-2004, 04:43 AM
PoWeRtRiP

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

a few questions. does the ss box come pretuned? can the buyer opt to buy the kit without the ss box? why doesnt the kit include newinjectors like many of the other kits? what size t3 turbo is it(specs)? all in all looks good, competitively priced in the same range as the pe kit, and likely much better quality than the greddy.
Old 04-06-2004, 06:15 AM
SSR Engineering

Originally posted by PoWeRtRiP
a few questions. does the ss box come pretuned? can the buyer opt to buy the kit without the ss box? why doesnt the kit include newinjectors like many of the other kits? what size t3 turbo is it(specs)? all in all looks good, competitively priced in the same range as the pe kit, and likely much better quality than the greddy.
Looks like I missed

6 - 440CC Injectors

Yes it comes pretuned, but you want to tune it for optimal results. We can't give out specs on our T3s. Thanks for the support. And we accept special orders, so if you wanted no SS unit we can do that as well.
Old 04-06-2004, 01:18 PM
djspeks

is it me or are your links dead?
Old 04-06-2004, 01:22 PM
fluidz

Originally posted by djspeks
is it me or are your links dead?
its you......links work fine.
Old 04-06-2004, 01:23 PM
MIAPLAYA

Click, click, BOOM!!!!
Old 04-06-2004, 01:57 PM
Sharif@Forged
Sponsor
Forged Performance

all in all looks good, competitively priced in the same range as the pe kit, and likely much better quality than the greddy.
The Greddy kit is good quality. Greddy kits with FMIC can be found for $5800, so you could take the extra $2000 and buy yourself a BOV, stainless oil, and fuel lines, and a timing solution, and still come out way ahead.

The Greddy kit is not decidely inferior to any other kit out there, and other kits are not clearly superior to any others. They are just different, and each with it's own pros and cons. Also, I would take cast manifolds over tubular steel any day of the week. The steel ALWAYS eventually cracks due to heat and stress, regardless of how good the welds are. On a Honda, its not a big deal to remove the manifolds for repair, but on the Z, its a HUGE pain and lots of labor dollars.

Ok, now that I have that off my chest, this SSR kit looks very promising. Will there be a 350Z kit using just one intercooler? So the SS box will address fuel and timing...right?
Old 04-06-2004, 02:00 PM
slay2k

Uhm, this is nice and all, but how is this better than the Greddy or the PE, both at about $3000 and $1500 less, respectively ? Not to mention they both had R&D over a year.
Old 04-06-2004, 08:48 PM
SSR Engineering

Originally posted by gq_model_626
The Greddy kit is good quality. Greddy kits with FMIC can be found for $5800, so you could take the extra $2000 and buy yourself a BOV, stainless oil, and fuel lines, and a timing solution, and still come out way ahead.

Well the Greddy kit uses alot of different components (cast iron plumbing, and manifolds) Cast iron isn't the best way to go for manifold design and exhaust plumbing. Especially compared to Stainless (which is what we use). Cast-Iron has a hard time keeping heat in the manifold which lowers scavenging at the collector and normally needs a Thermo-coating in order to provide proper heat-retention and scavenging where as Stainless Steel doesen't need any coatings.
The Greddy kit is not decidely inferior to any other kit out there, and other kits are not clearly superior to any others. They are just different, and each with it's own pros and cons. Also, I would take cast manifolds over tubular steel any day of the week. The steel ALWAYS eventually cracks due to heat and stress, regardless of how good the welds are. On a Honda, its not a big deal to remove the manifolds for repair, but on the Z, its a HUGE pain and lots of labor dollars.
The greddy kit is nice, it's functional and is more then likely the cheapest turbo kit out there. We have no intentions of beating the price of the Greddy kit, mainly because we have a huge difference in our component structure. We are aiming for a different market with our kit.

Ok, now that I have that off my chest, this SSR kit looks very promising. Will there be a 350Z kit using just one intercooler? So the SS box will address fuel and timing...right?
Yes there will be a 350z Kit using just one intercooler, and no the SS Box does not address Timing, just fuel. With our standard issued boost pressure retarding timing isn't essential.
Old 04-06-2004, 08:54 PM
SSR Engineering

Originally posted by slay2k
Uhm, this is nice and all, but how is this better than the Greddy or the PE, both at about $3000 and $1500 less, respectively ? Not to mention they both had R&D over a year.
Well this is the first kit specifically for the G35 (and Priced for the G35), our 350z kit will be a bit cheaper since we only need one intercooler as opposed to two. And alot less intercooler piping, not to mention. Our kit contors to the stock G35 as stock-like as possible. With our kit you dont need to hack away at your bumper support (or remove it for that matter).

One other thing, so far our G35 Kit is the most complete and most responsive kit on the market.

Last edited by SSR Engineering; 04-06-2004 at 08:57 PM.
Old 04-06-2004, 09:01 PM
fluidz

Originally posted by SSR Engineering

Yes there will be a 350z Kit using just one intercooler, and no the SS Box does not address Timing, just fuel. With our standard issued boost pressure retarding timing isn't essential.
Why not just incorperate timing into the SS Box, I mean you have it why not just add a bit more protection for the end user.........is it cost, cant be........R&D?......I dont get it, you sell the kit with a cheaper SS Box or what? Why not just spend a few dollars more and incorperate timing, sounds like a smart marketing move to sell more with a slight less bottom line margin and keep a solid rep.

I would worry about timing if I were you esp with a TT at 6.5lbs of boost, that seems to be the issue with all blown motors minus a small amount. I hope HP numbers and cost are not the reason you dont address timing.

Last edited by fluidz; 04-06-2004 at 09:03 PM.
Old 04-06-2004, 09:14 PM
Sharif@Forged
Sponsor
Forged Performance

I agree with Fluids...on the Vortech, the SS box controls fuel and timing...why not offer some timing retard? I imagine most TT user will eventually want to turn the boost up to 8psi, so why not offer and it? Even at 6psi, there are plenty of people that will agree that you should have a timing solution, just to be safe...especially at the price you offering this kit. That's my $.02
Old 04-06-2004, 09:43 PM
fluidz

After looking over enthuzd SS Box tune to 393rwhp on 93 octane gas.........he pulled timing out .5 degrees at 4,500 rpm, then 1 degree out from 5,000-5,999 and then jumped to 5.5 at 6,000-redline.

I think I will plug in tomorrow and find out what VORTECH has it set at.
Old 04-06-2004, 10:24 PM
o snap its eric

only if i had the money... i would jump on it =(

I'll be the first in my area with a TT G35
Old 04-07-2004, 03:40 AM
Turbo Ed

Well, the kit is interesting, no doubt, however there are number of issues which have me wondering, quite apart from those already mentioned.

1) The manifolds WILL NOT live, quite apart from any other reason, because they are not made from the correct material.

2) Even if they WERE made from the correct material, unless they were also an appropriate wall section, (around 4mm), they will lose substantially more heat energy to atmosphere, ( once the whole system is at operating temperature) than correctly designed cast manifolds, thus hurting turbine reponse.

3) (2) would be bad enough, but one of the locations to which this radiated heat will be lost, particularly in slow moving traffic on a hot day, is the engine compartment. NOT NICE!!

4) While we are discussing heat energy, let's look at the turbos themselves. Why would one build an intentionally high end system around 30 year old turbos? Even the cheaper/simpler Jap kits are using relatively current turbo technology.

I could keep going, however, there probably is not much point. At this price, ( or really at pretty much any price), it offers nothing the Greddy kit does not. I should hasten to add, I am not advocating the Greddy kit, merely drawing a comparison, that's all.
Perhaps that is a little harsh, as the G35 specific intercooler configuration is obviously of interest to those owners. However, I would think you could probably buy the Greddy base kit and have a custom twin intercooler setup fabbed for less money in total than the SSR system,

Ed
Old 04-07-2004, 05:32 AM
PoWeRtRiP

what do you have against garrett turboes? I trust them way more than this new ball bearing fad thats going on.
Old 04-07-2004, 06:06 AM
ether

Originally posted by Turbo Ed
Even the cheaper/simpler Jap kits are using relatively current turbo technology
Ed, could i ask that you choose your words a bit more carefully, in particulary in the sentence above... thanks.
Old 04-07-2004, 07:35 AM
Rayden2001

Originally posted by ether
Ed, could i ask that you choose your words a bit more carefully, in particulary in the sentence above... thanks.
He should of used (Japanese kits).
Old 04-07-2004, 07:45 AM
fluidz

LOL..... ........he is doing better!!!!!!!!!!
Old 04-07-2004, 08:01 AM
IceY2K1Max

He's not knocking Garrett turbos, he's knocking the T-series family of Garrett turbos, since quite frankly, they are antiquated, less efficient, and less reliable then Garretts' new GT-family. HOWEVER, they are ROCK SOLID good performers and the added cost of TWIN GT-series turbos and running two sets of coolant feed/return lines would seriously up the price of the kit. The fact that boost response with twin small T3s appears adequate, if not more then enough, means that UNLESS you're really cranking up the boost, GT-series turbos would only noticeably benefit reliability.

I'm not sure what you mean by BB fad, but I'd take Garretts DBB CHRA over anyones, including Turbonetics single ball-bearing wantabee.

what do you have against garrett turboes? I trust them way more than this new ball bearing fad thats going on.

Quick Reply: SSR Engineering TT Complete Product List and Introductory Pricing