Notices
Forced Induction Turbochargers and Superchargers..Got Boost?

Ati-procharger Or Vortech?????

Search this Thread

Old 05-14-2004, 09:59 PM
LSs1Power

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Do u guys know what type of head unit is used on both the vortec and the ATI?

I would like to add.... Self contained oiling for the SC is better because if u blew a head gasket or something the dirty oil wont mess up ur blower. Also self contained ATI blowers comes with a speical type of oil that keeps the blower spining freely with no problems and no heat is going to affect it. In the LS1 community Prochargers proven better in every aspect than vortechs.

Last edited by LSs1Power; 05-14-2004 at 10:01 PM.
Old 05-16-2004, 11:05 PM
Vic N

Originally posted by LSs1Power
In the LS1 community Prochargers proven better in every aspect than vortechs.
Not exactly true. It is still a matter of opinion. Both kits produce good numbers, but the Vortec kit has a much more solid mount and belt tensioner setup.
Old 05-18-2004, 10:25 AM
Eagle1

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

they are both good kits. I have 10,000 miles on my Procharger without any problems at all so far. That includes three track days (Laguna Seca, Buttonwillow and Sears Point).
Old 05-18-2004, 06:27 PM
LSs1Power

Originally posted by Vic N
Not exactly true. It is still a matter of opinion. Both kits produce good numbers, but the Vortec kit has a much more solid mount and belt tensioner setup.
Go do a search on any LS1 Forums and see how much Porchargers are there and how much Vortech are there.
Old 05-18-2004, 08:30 PM
Vic N

Go do a search on any LS1 Forums and see how much Porchargers are there and how much Vortech are there.
And what does this have to do with you saying "In the LS1 community Prochargers proven better in every aspect than Vortechs"? That is no different than saying that Honda's are the best since everyone drives one.

I did not say that Vortech's are better than Prochargers. For a LS1, I would actually rather get a Procharger, but that is not the point here. It is proven that a Procharger has a a mount and belt setup that is more prone to flex than the Vortech, and every LS1 Procharger will admit that.
Old 05-18-2004, 11:00 PM
LSs1Power

Originally posted by Vic N
It is proven that a Procharger has a a mount and belt setup that is more prone to flex than the Vortech, and every LS1 Procharger will admit that.

That was with the old 6 rib setup. Now they are using 8 rib setup with ATI super damper. So far people did 11-12psi with no slippage. The nice thing about the procharger is that it generates more power per psi based on gathering dyno information and taking an avg. If u would like to see the thread tell me.
Old 05-18-2004, 11:25 PM
Sharif@Forged
Sponsor
Forged Performance

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I would like to add.... Self contained oiling for the SC is better because if u blew a head gasket or something the dirty oil wont mess up ur blower.

sorry...i almost fell out of my chair..>LOL

If you blow a headgasket.....a liittle water in your Vortech housing is the LEAST of your troubles. It will do no damage to your unit....at least for the 5 seconds that your car is actually still running.

As Eagle said...they are both great units, as long as you take care of the timing on the ATI. That said, if I was in the market for a brand new SC, I would go with the Vortech. But that certainly doesnt make the current satisified ATI users any worse off than the Vortec units.

I've heard both the ATI and Vortech in person....the Vortec is significantly quiter at idle, But the ATI is cog driven belt, which technically should eliminate belt slippage...but it just also makes it louder.
Old 05-18-2004, 11:29 PM
LSs1Power

Originally posted by gq_626
If you blow a headgasket.....a liittle water in your Vortech housing is the LEAST of your troubles.

Every little thing counts