Notices
Forced Induction Turbochargers and Superchargers..Got Boost?

Greddy TT Prices

Search this Thread

Old 05-24-2004, 02:07 PM
ZainT

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Greddy TT Prices

Hey guys,
I was quoted for the Greddy TT /w FMIC and gauges.... I was told that I would be getting these at wholesale since he will be sponsoring me in the upcoming Nopi show.... he quoted me 8200. Now that is with a 900 installation/tuning/ and a dyno i think. I am getting the Greddy TT /w FMIC ... egt gauge and boost gauge.. I am also getting the Greddy Turbo Timer.. the guages will also be from Greddy... Is this too much for a wholesale price... I was thinking that this would be a normal price. Please help, any and all info is welcome.. thanks ahead of time!

~Preston
Old 05-24-2004, 03:14 PM
7 eleven

8200 is too much for a "wholesale price". The MSRP for the kit and I/C is about 8200 by it self, how ever anyone can buy it for just under 6000. Most places charge 1k to 2k for install. So 8200 is a fair price for what you described but I wouldn't get excited about it.

Good luck

P.S. Wrong section

Last edited by 7 eleven; 05-24-2004 at 03:25 PM.
Old 05-24-2004, 09:50 PM
ZainT

Originally posted by 7 eleven
8200 is too much for a "wholesale price". The MSRP for the kit and I/C is about 8200 by it self, how ever anyone can buy it for just under 6000. Most places charge 1k to 2k for install. So 8200 is a fair price for what you described but I wouldn't get excited about it.

Good luck

P.S. Wrong section
it's about 1k for install, but the price includes the required gauges and a turbo timer... not sure if you were counting for those.. would it still be too much even if those were included?
Old 05-24-2004, 10:19 PM
bobowah

Install of the turbo kits are at about 2k for a superior job.
Figure on 1k if you want some one just to empty the greddy box and bolt the stuff in.

7 eleven is the installation king!!! Sup Gary..

And he's right figure on the cost of the kit... going price is about 6k via internet sales.

Your gauges probably cost about 300. Install will be like 300 bucks depending on what you guy does on wiring installs.

So what's is that... now... 2k+6k+600. So 8600 is what I'm estimating.

so you are getting a 400 buck discount.

Not bad but could be better... If he's sponsoring you then the labor should be free... And the kit should be at cost.

Good luck with stuff.

-J
Old 05-25-2004, 05:39 AM
PoWeRtRiP

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

my .02 those greddy gauges are more like 400 bucks. the 1k install and tuning is a deal but he should do it for free if your gonna wear his stickers. the deal on the kit is good to, try to negotiate it to about 7500 and that would be a steal
Old 05-25-2004, 07:20 AM
was wesman

Labor should be on the sponsor , if he gave you cost on parts you'd be closer to $6k than $8k

--wes
Old 05-25-2004, 08:08 AM
ZainT

Being that I am not an aggressive person, how would I go about bringing up that he isn't really charging me wholesale... and isn't really sponsoring... and how I found that out? I am affraid he may just say well tough, take it or leave it, or if worse case happens.. then raise the price.. any help.
Old 05-25-2004, 08:27 AM
zimbo

If you're afraid to speak frankly with your tuner then RUN, don't walk, away. There are way too many things that can go wrong for you to not be able to tactfully question things.

It's hard to know whether it's a good deal or not without having an itemized quote. My reco is to ask for an itemized quote.

--Steve
Old 05-25-2004, 09:49 AM
was wesman

Originally posted by zimbo
If you're afraid to speak frankly with your tuner then RUN, don't walk, away. There are way too many things that can go wrong for you to not be able to tactfully question things.

It's hard to know whether it's a good deal or not without having an itemized quote. My reco is to ask for an itemized quote.

--Steve

Excellent advice....I whole heartedly agree.

--wes
Old 05-25-2004, 04:11 PM
ZainT

so even if i cut the labor off.. which would leave the price at 7200 that is still too much for a Greddy TT w/ FMIC, the required gauges, and a turbo timer.. all being from Greddy.. that is still not even close to a "wholesale" price for those?

btw thank you all again for helping me with this thus far
Old 05-25-2004, 04:36 PM
was wesman

Originally posted by ZainT
so even if i cut the labor off.. which would leave the price at 7200 that is still too much for a Greddy TT w/ FMIC, the required gauges, and a turbo timer.. all being from Greddy.. that is still not even close to a "wholesale" price for those?

btw thank you all again for helping me with this thus far
Nope....I'm pretty sure I could price all of that out on the internet and get the same deal, in fact it would probably be less.

Don't get caught up in the MSRP you always see, no one ever pays those prices, the manufacturer and resellers like to inflate that so it seems like you're getting a good deal.

I'm not sure what cost is on that kit, but I often times see small shops discounting Greddy stuff at 33% off of the retail prices...so figure they're getting a bit more than that off or they wouldn't be selling it.

--wes
Old 05-25-2004, 04:58 PM
PhoenixINX

Originally posted by was wesman
I'm not sure what cost is on that kit, but I often times see small shops discounting Greddy stuff at 33% off of the retail prices...so figure they're getting a bit more than that off or they wouldn't be selling it.
33% off retail is what a small shop would get as their cost.

If a shop is selling at that, it would be a zero margin deal. Doubt you're seeing much of that, unless they are going to make it up on the backend with labor.
Old 05-27-2004, 03:02 PM
Sharif@Forged
Sponsor
Forged Performance

Here is a break-down of what I consider a low...but doable street pricing of the kit. This isnt "sponsor level" pricing..just really good pricing if you hunt around. So if someone really wants to sponsor you, they should give you like cost+5% or something...and free labor.

$5800 Greddy TT with FMIC
$1500 Installtion of Greddy kit with FMIC
Total for the BASIC kit: $7300

At this point..you can safely drive off and be done.

Here are the extras I would add
$75 Turbo Timer
$175 Greddy BOV Type S---or HKS---they all do the same thing
$100 Defi (or other quality mechanical boost guage)
$425 AEM Wideband A/F Guage
$500 Profec e-01 boost controller/eManage Programmer
$500 Installation of all of the above items
Total for EXTRAS: $1775

Base Kit: $7300
Extras: $1775
Grand Total: $9075

This assumes you have an exhuast already, and will run high flow cats or test pipes....you dont wanna run the stock exhuast system on the Greddy TT.
Old 05-28-2004, 05:30 AM
PoWeRtRiP

Originally posted by was wesman
Nope....I'm pretty sure I could price all of that out on the internet and get the same deal, in fact it would probably be less.

Don't get caught up in the MSRP you always see, no one ever pays those prices, the manufacturer and resellers like to inflate that so it seems like you're getting a good deal.

--wes
ive never been able to get 33% off but i can usually get at least 20-25% most stuff from my buddies shop which i think is a fine deal
Old 06-07-2004, 01:27 PM
ZainT

I am getting the Greddy TT kit for 8200 and all is in included.. tell me if this is good for wholesale price with labor.. labor is 1100$:

Greddy TT /w FMIC,
Greddy E.G.T. Guage
Greddy Profec E-01 boost controller/data logger
Greddy BOV
Greddy Turbo Timer

Also the E-01 comes with a boost gauge correct? or atleast that is what the said so I only need to E.G.T. gauge?