Notices
Forced Induction Turbochargers and Superchargers..Got Boost?

Recommended Tuner in Florida? HALP!

Search this Thread

Old 06-04-2004 | 12:35 PM
Jergens

Default Recommended Tuner in Florida? HALP!

Note: I realize this is a repost from the Mod forum, but some people only check the FI forum so... if I made a boo boo I'm sorry.

Hey guys, I've finally figured out that I just can't do this FI project on my own, no matter how much I read and research. I am going to need guys that are going to listen to me and know what they're doing. I went to Pettit racing in North Palm. First off they were trying to cheese me price wise for all the parts telling me how they'd be nice a cut me a break for the GReddy with intercooler at only 7700 bucks... THANKS! And I mentioned how I don't want to do it out of the box, I am looking to build a real engine managment unit that isn't going to cause all of the piggy back problems. Their solution was to basically give me a boost control so I could "Dial down to 2 or 3 psi, and "Crank it up" to 5.5 PSI when I want to get serious." Sigh... anyhow I live in Palm Beach, go to school in Tampa, and am willing to travel to get the job done right. I know, there are a thousand places in Miami and Lauderdale, but probably 9 out of 10 of them work on crap, produce crap, and know crap . I have time, as my second Z is meant to be in on June 6th, and I have all the lighting, audio and seats sitting in my garage waiting for me to get them in. After that it is wheels and suspension, then the FI. Honestly at this point I am looking to the JWT kit as it seems to be taking the best parts from the GReddy and PE kits and folding them into one. But please please please help me find a good shop to at least talk to. And who will listen to me instead of being like "Ohhh dumb 22 year old kid, lets try to rip him off." I understand the project is going to be expensive, but I want it to be done right and with care, and sadly I don't have the mechanical apptitude or hardware to get it done myself. I'll pay for it, I just want to be kept in the process and want it done right.

~Josh
Old 06-04-2004 | 12:54 PM
JimRHIT

talk to esemes .. he just got his Vortech installed in Clearwater (I think) ... not all that far from you in Tampa.

Good luck
Jim
Old 06-04-2004 | 01:27 PM
King Tut

Yeah, saw that other guys post. Sick numbers out of the Vortech. Anyways, I already typed my reply in the main Engine forum, so go check it out and don't double post.

Last edited by King Tut; 06-04-2004 at 01:30 PM.
Old 06-04-2004 | 02:44 PM
lorinserbenz

I am in Tampa as well and there are VERY few good tuners and LOTS of bad ones.
You first need to realize these guys are in businesss to make money. Running a high performance shop is not the way to become a millionare. Brick and Mortar stores are going to be higher than the online dealers. Chances are good the local guy will be getting his kit from a distributor who steps on the price by 15%, then add the locals profit and the kit is now WAY overpriced.
I think the best plan is to find a guy to install it who is good and buy the kit from someone else. For a Greddy TT expect to pay $2000 for the install. Read some of the threads of the guys that have done it themselves... its a real B***ch... .

Check the latest Makes and Models magazine. There is a tuner ad for a guy in Brandon that is Greddy dealer.
Lokey Infiniti in Clearwater is a Vortech dealer...
Old 06-04-2004 | 04:02 PM
InfinitiTech

Thanks guys. I am the service director for Lokey Infiniti in Clearwater, Florida. We did Esemes's recent Vortech install, and we are here to help anyone else looking for a high quality, factory technician install. And we will do installs on the Z's as well. We also use one of the area's best tuners to dial in the mapping.

I don't want to go into a full-blown advertisement here, so if you are interested please feel free to PM me.

Thanks!
Old 06-04-2004 | 06:26 PM
esemes

Originally posted by InfinitiTech
Thanks guys. I am the service director for Lokey Infiniti in Clearwater, Florida. We did Esemes's recent Vortech install, and we are here to help anyone else looking for a high quality, factory technician install. And we will do installs on the Z's as well. We also use one of the area's best tuners to dial in the mapping.

I don't want to go into a full-blown advertisement here, so if you are interested please feel free to PM me.

Thanks!
indeed!!

i trusted them, they MORE than met my expectation for quality, price, and most importantly, OUTPUT.....

PM or give a call to Lokey and ask for the SM!!
Old 06-04-2004 | 08:02 PM
InfinitiTech

Originally posted by esemes
indeed!!

i trusted them, they MORE than met my expectation for quality, price, and most importantly, OUTPUT.....

PM or give a call to Lokey and ask for the SM!!
Thanks, Scott!

All PMs replied to. Feel free to contact me with any questions.
Old 06-04-2004 | 08:21 PM
Jergens

Hellooooo nurse. Check your PMs in a few minutes...