Notices
Forced Induction Turbochargers and Superchargers..Got Boost?

Xerd Headers with F/I, Anyone have this yet?

Search this Thread

Old 06-04-2004, 08:48 PM
johanna1

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Xerd Headers with F/I, Anyone have this yet?

I want to get the Xerd headers, but am scared about running lean when I get my Vortech Kit. I wanted to know if running the Xerd headers and the Invidia2 True Dual Exhaust with the stock kit setup without tuning, would I be alright? Any little cost effective thing I could do to not run lean and still keep this setup. I just don't have the money if I am going to get the kit know because I order some rims.
Old 06-05-2004, 12:23 PM
johanna1

Anyone have these headers with N/A? I know they make good hp on dyno, not that much torque but it seems like no header makes good torque for this car. I know their has to be someone out there with this on a F/I car. I know someone with a TT would'nt have it because of the turbo manifolds, but I know someone out there supercharged would have this since it takes the cats away. I know these are not going to pass emissions, but around in Virginia, the only thing they hassle you about is your window blades, kind of silly don't you think.
Old 06-05-2004, 01:43 PM
teh215

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

You *should* be OK since the Vortech kit comes very rich right out of the box. My setup is still untuned and I am seeing AF ratios around 11:1 above 5000 RPM. If you are worried about running lean I would either get it tuned with the headers or invest in a wideband setup. The PLX wideband I have was about $300.
Old 06-05-2004, 01:57 PM
johanna1

This might be a stupid question, but couldn't I tune it with the SAFCII, I used it when I had my turbo civic and it worked fine with tuning little stuff like fuel. I switched to the AEM EMS later on before I got rid of it. Too bad they don't sell that for the Z, it would be perfect. Also too bad not too many people want to mess with the Z's ECU.
Old 06-08-2004, 05:26 AM
j's350z

We have the XERD headers on our N/A Z and are actually going to the dyno today to get them tuned and see what kind of HP we picked up. However, we are running the Perfect Power smt6 so we can adjust the fuel and timing accordingly to get the best results.... I will post my findings later today...
Jason
MRC Motorsports
Jason@racemrc.com
Old 06-08-2004, 05:37 AM
350zSpeedRacer

I picked up 16 whp and 14 ft lbs of torque on my N/A Z with the XERD headers.

And TereP (ZChickz) has the Nismo headers on her car, along with the Procharger and is doing just fine with her A/F.
Old 06-08-2004, 05:47 AM
PoWeRtRiP

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

i have the xerds and felt a noticeable gain when i put them on
Old 06-08-2004, 06:12 AM
was wesman

I've got them with my ATI kit. I had them prior to the FI and they produced good gains up top. There's no problem with them on a FI car, I assume everyone will tune their cars before running it with FI anyway.

If you can spend that much money on getting your car to FI, you can certainly afford the $100 an hour or whatever it is locally to get the car tuned for an hour.

--wes
Old 06-08-2004, 06:23 AM
PoWeRtRiP

its 175/hour with a 3 hr minimum charge to get a car tuned at the only dyno in town, needless to say i plan on visiting orlando for tuning
Old 06-08-2004, 06:28 AM
was wesman

Originally posted by PoWeRtRiP
its 175/hour with a 3 hr minimum charge to get a car tuned at the only dyno in town, needless to say i plan on visiting orlando for tuning
lol...what a rip.

You sure that's the only shop in town ?

Check here for local dynojets:

Dyno's
Old 06-08-2004, 11:33 AM
johanna1

Has anyone gone for a inspection at a dealer with these headers on and not been caught? I want them but have free inspections at dealer so want to go there for them but don't want to get caught. I know they don't to emissions checks around in Virginia, but when I was trying to trade my Turbo Civic in awhile back (not same dealer), the dealer when doing a inspections to see how car was running seen that I had no cats and tried to call the State Police on me. What a bunch of asses to try to do something like that to me. The thing is that I thought I had cats up there but found out that my installer took them off when he did the turbo kit. No wonder I could smell fumes coming from the exhaust so heavily.
Old 06-08-2004, 12:18 PM
PoWeRtRiP

Originally posted by johanna1
Has anyone gone for a inspection at a dealer with these headers on and not been caught? I want them but have free inspections at dealer so want to go there for them but don't want to get caught. I know they don't to emissions checks around in Virginia, but when I was trying to trade my Turbo Civic in awhile back (not same dealer), the dealer when doing a inspections to see how car was running seen that I had no cats and tried to call the State Police on me. What a bunch of asses to try to do something like that to me. The thing is that I thought I had cats up there but found out that my installer took them off when he did the turbo kit. No wonder I could smell fumes coming from the exhaust so heavily.

my dealer actually thinks they are neat, my car has all the boltons and they even installed my jwt clutch/fly while replacing my tranny and i never get any problems for parts on there. just dont act like a goofball and if you know your parts broke somethign on the car man up and fix it yourself.

hey the closest dynojet is daytona beach about 45-60s away. not too bad but not exactly a short trip. the only one listed on there closed down yrs ago.
Old 06-08-2004, 01:28 PM
was wesman

Originally posted by PoWeRtRiP
my dealer actually thinks they are neat, my car has all the boltons and they even installed my jwt clutch/fly while replacing my tranny and i never get any problems for parts on there. just dont act like a goofball and if you know your parts broke somethign on the car man up and fix it yourself.

hey the closest dynojet is daytona beach about 45-60s away. not too bad but not exactly a short trip. the only one listed on there closed down yrs ago.
I have some family in J-ville, lived in Florida until joining the military. I used to hit Daytona all the time, that's a good excuse to go check out the other "sites" there
Old 06-09-2004, 04:55 AM
PoWeRtRiP

called them all up they all sold their dynoes. but i found another one in town, 100 3 runs w/af but only 125/hr tuning. not too bad for tuning but a rip for the pulls. looks like its back to orlando for me.