Notices
Forced Induction Turbochargers and Superchargers..Got Boost?

In need of a Vortech Review:)

Search this Thread

Old 07-20-2004, 07:30 PM
g35twinturbo

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default In need of a Vortech Review:)

I am soooooo close to getting a vortech system for my g35, and if any of you have noticed almost 99% of my posts are questions regarding the system.

I would like to thank all of you, who have answered my questions in the past , and say that this is the reason this forum is the best out of all the 350z / G35 forums around.
Now to my question

I have almost seen every thread related to vortech for the g35 /350z on the web. But i havent herd a review of what it feels like and what its like to drive.

Does this transform the car into somthing that slams you into ur seat or does it simply just pull harder in the higer gears?

I am hoping that this is somting that will make your passengers *poop there pants* (not in your car of course).

I would love any kind of kill stories you have or herd as well as what kind of numbers you think this system can achive (such as 0-60 , 1/4 mile)

I would like to thank you all for your time, and would appricate any information you can add.

Thanks,
Jordan
Old 07-20-2004, 08:11 PM
zimbo

Jeez louise. Yeah, it's great. Go for it already.

--Steve
Old 07-20-2004, 09:16 PM
jdm3fiddyZ

The vortech is a great system. Ive had it for a week and it still feels fast as shiiit. I am getting it tuned in the morning for some extra hp....The first time i stomped on it out of the box, it was scary, i couldnt wait to show my friends. They freaked out the first time too...You wont regret getting the system at all, trust me. And the blowoff valve is the loudest i have ever heard for any system, even turbos. People say they can hear me coming like a block away.... Get the system! and have fun!
Old 07-20-2004, 09:33 PM
DBZ33

It is a very big improvement. It feels like you have a big V8, not like a turbo car that comes on hard all at once. Don't get me wrong I wish I had enough money to get the Twin Turbo kit but it was just too much money. For around $6000.00 I had the Vortech kit installed and tuned with gauges and test Pipes. I put down 371RWHP you can’t beat that. The Turbo kit with install, tuning, gauges, Bov, Exhaust, and test pipes was around $9000.00. Too much for me right now.

I now can run with the big boys. I raced a 03 Supercharged Cobra, Evo with exhaust mods, (Friends) Supra TT with exhaust, all kinds of mustangs and one C5 Vette stock. I won all the races. The 03 cobra was only by a car up to 90mph. I didn't think I was going to win it sounded mean.

I would say go for it!!!
Old 07-20-2004, 10:49 PM
g35twinturbo

sorry zimbo for asking all these questions, i just want to make sure i know what im getting into.

And as for the rest of you guys, u just made me a happy man. I am sure im gona with the vortech system now.
Old 07-21-2004, 06:14 AM
toykilla

I cant wait for mine!
Old 07-21-2004, 12:48 PM
JimRHIT

Me either ... but alas ... I am "not going to order" it until January 1st ......

at least thats what I promised myself
Old 07-21-2004, 01:43 PM
teh215

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Jordan - You are not going to regret it...

Kinda reminds me of the VW commercial where the guy has a toy Beetle on his head and it keeps getting bigger in each shot...
Old 07-21-2004, 02:19 PM
g35twinturbo

im going to try an get it asap. now if i only could find my money
Old 07-21-2004, 02:46 PM
teh215

I bought mine SC on my CC since I didn't have the cash upfront. The ONLY reason that I used the CC was because I KNEW that I could afford to pay it off in a few months. I also spent the previous few months accumulating all of the other parts I wanted such as gauges, plenum, etc. and paying off the CC each month before I got the SC. Don't get yourself into a hole if you can't afford it. Good luck. Modifying a car is supposed be enjoyable, not a financial nightmare ...

.. Where's that new CC I just got in the mail
Old 07-21-2004, 03:01 PM
fluidz

My Vortech was absolutely WONDERFUL
Old 07-21-2004, 03:07 PM
g35twinturbo

good point teh215, i actually more worried about about prolonged engine and problems with the car vs the financial burden.
Old 07-21-2004, 04:54 PM
esemes

believe me, a S/C is great for the VQ (as im sure the TT is too)......

a word of advice on the vortech...

GET THE 312 pulley, AT LEAST, if you are going to have the car tuned....

if you dont have the facilities to tune, the 333 pulley (comes with the kit) nets 8lbs....

the 312 pulley nets 9lbs BUT MUCH better midrange boost....

im sure one of tjhe 312 guys here can chime in on the safety of using the 312 with the oem vortech maps....

-es

reminder:: i have two oem serp. belts sitting here beggin....
Old 07-21-2004, 09:02 PM
Houston G35

Jordan,

This is my real world experience. I have had the great privilege to play with my coupe for about 2k miles w/ the Vortech, drive a 2000 911 many times, and own multiple Cameros. This is my opinion. The G35 w/ the Vortech is the best yet. It is about as fast off the line as the 911, and is noticeably faster than the 911 in the upper power bands. I expect to see substantial gains when I do my next round of mods, which will probably consist of a few bolt on’s and more tuning.

As for the other cars, they are in a different class. They are less refined and more sluggish.

I have been driving the Porsche for the past week. It feels like a big engine with a seat around it. It has a great suspension and cool look, but I keep getting the feeling that it is about to break down. Even though this car only has 10K on it, it has had multiple repair issues. Currently, condensation drips around both the driver and passenger side wheel wells.

Personally, when I floor my G, I feel pinned to my seat. I experienced this more when I first got the Vortech, but I still feel it. It is just not quite as intense. I guess I got used to it after a while.

If your goal is to have fun in daily driving, then this coupe is GREAT. If your goals is to beat most any new car under 40K, then this is the coupe for you. If your goal is to keep up with sports cars between 40K and 70K, then this is the coupe for you. If you want to beat muscle cars off the line, then this might be the coupe for you (with additional mods). If you want to surprise everyone you race against, then this is the coupe for you.

Finally, if you KNOW you will be happy with 400ish hp and the mid 300’s torque, then an S/C is right for you. If you think you will continually want more power and have the ability to purchase it then consider a TT.
Old 07-21-2004, 10:30 PM
g35twinturbo

Originally posted by Houston G35
Jordan,

This is my real world experience. I have had the great privilege to play with my coupe for about 2k miles w/ the Vortech, drive a 2000 911 many times, and own multiple Cameros. This is my opinion. The G35 w/ the Vortech is the best yet. It is about as fast off the line as the 911, and is noticeably faster than the 911 in the upper power bands. I expect to see substantial gains when I do my next round of mods, which will probably consist of a few bolt on’s and more tuning.

As for the other cars, they are in a different class. They are less refined and more sluggish.

I have been driving the Porsche for the past week. It feels like a big engine with a seat around it. It has a great suspension and cool look, but I keep getting the feeling that it is about to break down. Even though this car only has 10K on it, it has had multiple repair issues. Currently, condensation drips around both the driver and passenger side wheel wells.

Personally, when I floor my G, I feel pinned to my seat. I experienced this more when I first got the Vortech, but I still feel it. It is just not quite as intense. I guess I got used to it after a while.

If your goal is to have fun in daily driving, then this coupe is GREAT. If your goals is to beat most any new car under 40K, then this is the coupe for you. If your goal is to keep up with sports cars between 40K and 70K, then this is the coupe for you. If you want to beat muscle cars off the line, then this might be the coupe for you (with additional mods). If you want to surprise everyone you race against, then this is the coupe for you.

Finally, if you KNOW you will be happy with 400ish hp and the mid 300’s torque, then an S/C is right for you. If you think you will continually want more power and have the ability to purchase it then consider a TT.
Thanks alot houston, thats really what i needed to hear. Where do u live btw, i was almost positive u lived in socal?
Old 07-22-2004, 03:24 AM
zimbo

Originally posted by Houston G35
Ain't that the truth.

--Steve
Old 07-22-2004, 03:26 AM
g35twinturbo

good morning zimbo, im hoping that feeling will last a bit longer then a week
Old 07-22-2004, 04:33 AM
teh215

Originally posted by g35twinturbo
good morning zimbo, im hoping that feeling will last a bit longer then a week
It will... and so will the grin