Notices
Forced Induction Turbochargers and Superchargers..Got Boost?

Single Turbo 350Z

Search this Thread

Old 09-10-2004, 05:27 AM
ColecatZ

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally posted by Turbonetics
......our polished turbocharger sits up in plain view just behind the drivers headlight..you can actually see your investment everytime you open the hood.......
Don't start me to thinking like that.... I'll fool around and put in a Lexan viewing window in my hood and start charging admission to view it....
Old 09-10-2004, 06:26 AM
Turbonetics

Originally posted by ColecatZ
Don't start me to thinking like that.... I'll fool around and put in a Lexan viewing window in my hood and start charging admission to view it....
That's pretty damn funny! by the looks of your photo it wil sit right were your air filter is.
Old 09-10-2004, 07:31 AM
ColecatZ

Now that I'm thinking about it.... With my polished intake plenum, strut tower brace, and the other polishing projects I have going on, I could use a little more....

Is the turbo and pipping polished...and/or the intercooler?

Not a deal breaker if it isn't, but would be nice to avoid having to get it done myself.

Also, got your PM.....Thanks a bunch, Brad.

Last edited by ColecatZ; 09-10-2004 at 07:35 AM.
Old 09-10-2004, 07:37 AM
Turbonetics

Originally posted by ColecatZ
Now that I'm thinking about it.... With my polished intake plenum, strut tower brace, and the other polishing projects I have going on, I could use a little more....

Is the turbo and pipping polished...and/or the intercooler?

Not a deal breaker if it isn't, but would be nice to avoid having to get it done myself.

Also, got your PM.....Thanks a bunch, Brad.
Turbo only, the first production runsa will be powder coated pipes and will eventually become aluminum black chrome.
Old 09-10-2004, 09:25 AM
mojo powered

I'm very interested to hear about the spoolup. As most might know on here, the design of the merge collector in a turbo manifold is very important for early spoolup. I'm not sure how that works out with a Y pipe bolted to the stock manifolds. I love the idea since it makes the installation (or uninstallation!) quite easier than twin turbo AND so much easier to upgrade as well.

I can't wait to hear more about tuning solutions, dynos and pics.

Old 09-10-2004, 10:07 AM
VR3

Looking forward to the kit coming out and can't wait to see more pics and maybe a vid

Will there be a tuner kit available? i.e. with no management system just the hardware.
Old 09-10-2004, 10:12 AM
Turbonetics

Originally posted by VR3
Looking forward to the kit coming out and can't wait to see more pics and maybe a vid

Will there be a tuner kit available? i.e. with no management system just the hardware.
We will first release the complete system including managment. There really is no reason we could not or should not release a tuner version, makes life easier for us that's for sure. I guess it depends on demand.
Old 09-10-2004, 10:19 AM
DBZ33

I don't understand why this kit made more power with the stock exhaust vs. a free flowing aftermarket one? As far as I know with a turbo car you don’t want back pressure. Am I right?

Also how long after SEMA do you think we will be able to purchase this kit?
Old 09-10-2004, 10:30 AM
slaponte

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

The kit joins the exhaust back at the mid piep, so all you have left is the mid pipe and the muffler. The OEM mid and muffler are extremely well flowing, very little Hp is gained from replacing them. Compared to all the ponies gained, 2 or 3 more from replacing the muffler represent nothing%.
Old 09-10-2004, 09:08 PM
Rayden2001

Originally posted by Turbonetics
Let's try her again...We will post some dyno results shortly as well.
That design is awesome, great.......now I'm starting to back out on twin turbos after seeing this pic. You don't have to remove the front support brace do you? Unlike the greddy kit you have to remove it and I feel this is very important to keep on the car.
Old 09-10-2004, 10:30 PM
JPizzle

Are any sponsorship positions being sought for? If so, I'll comply to all demands .
Old 09-11-2004, 09:18 AM
ColecatZ

Any word on when we can expect to see the dynos get posted? or possibly the other pics that your art department is working on?

Thanks in advance
Old 09-11-2004, 12:22 PM
little_rod

The more I read about this kit, the more I like it. I pushed some other manufactors that came here in the single turbo direction, glad to see one actually coming out.

This system seems to fit well for someone who has kept their car pretty close to stock performancewise (like me ). Interesting that it doesn't include cats yet, I wouldn't need any myself, but a single cat would be a real good option to have with the kit.

I assume you would have TS handle any timing issues with this kit. I saw where the SS box was mentioned, but the main problem with it is it only lets you do the timing adjustments in 500 rpm increments.

Love the location of the turbo, that is truely a highlight of the kit. Got questions though:

1. Maybe I didn't see it, but this kit will come with a BOV, right?

2. I also noticed you quoted 8.3 psi for your power rating, is that what your kit will be producing when you guys introduce it??

3. If you do the TS reflash as part of the kit, will that be included in the 5-6K MRSP (we responsible for shipping)?? Will anything extra be needed if we buy the total kit from you guys??

4. Which turbo in your lineup will you guys be using??

5. Any fuel solutions as of yet or can TS come up with something here also (wondering if a Walbaro will be needed basically)??
Old 09-11-2004, 03:41 PM
ColecatZ

The BOV is visible in the pic posted by Turbonetics.....it's on the intake pipe.... just before the MAF and throttle boddy. It's a "Raptor" by-pass valve....according to the first post and resembles the pic on their website. Specs below

Fully polished
1.5"(38mm) valve
Compact design
Adjustable preload
Sealed valve stem
1.5" (38mm) discharge
'O'-Ring-sealed valve seat
Rolling diaphram design
Both hose or horn configuration included

Last edited by ColecatZ; 09-11-2004 at 03:44 PM.
Old 09-11-2004, 07:19 PM
MIAPLAYA

When I go up there next Friday I'm gonna bring my digi cam and video camera. If Brad is down I'll take some in car videos on our test drive and of course I'm sure Brad is more than willing to do a couple burnouts and drive bys so I can video them. I should have everything posted Fri night for your viewing pleasure... :-)
Old 09-11-2004, 09:38 PM
uplz4588

quick question... i dont know if this has been answered yet but, here i go... i know that there will be some issues w/ the CATS but i plan to run test pipes all year except for the day i take it in to emmisions so will i be able to slap on the stock CAT then take it off after emmisions? i live in IL , so its not as strict as CARB all i need is to slap on a CAT hopefully it will be easily doable w/ this setup...
Old 09-12-2004, 08:10 PM
Rayden2001

Originally posted by JPizzle
Are any sponsorship positions being sought for? If so, I'll comply to all demands .
Hey, I asked first Do you have any pics of this kit installed in a z yet? And what is the the most hp you can put out with this turbo...in terms if we had a built motor with lower compression.
Old 09-12-2004, 08:13 PM
JPizzle

Shotgun on sponsorship!!!!!
Old 09-13-2004, 08:38 AM
MIAPLAYA

Originally posted by Rayden2001
Hey, I asked first Do you have any pics of this kit installed in a z yet? And what is the the most hp you can put out with this turbo...in terms if we had a built motor with lower compression.
i'll have some on Z pics this Friday along with some good video hopefully.
Old 09-13-2004, 12:22 PM
mojo powered

Originally posted by MIAPLAYA
i'll have some on Z pics this Friday along with some good video hopefully.
can't wait to see them...

Quick Reply: Single Turbo 350Z