Notices
Forced Induction Turbochargers and Superchargers..Got Boost?

turbo Kit Quality and price

Search this Thread

Old 10-31-2004, 05:27 AM
doublej

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default turbo Kit Quality and price

I have been looking around the sites for the TT kits and have found quite a number of them. Now heres my Question.
Out of all you guys that Have TT kits which is the best fittament,Best Looking, Best quality, Best price,best power? So rate your kits guys I may sell the STi fora G35 or 350z soon.
Old 10-31-2004, 05:42 AM
z33boi

Well i must say IMO APS is the best lookin, quality, and power but the price is a lil up there
Old 10-31-2004, 07:03 AM
Z1 Performance
Former Sponsor

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

I think it's really subjective to be honest. APS is def a nice looking kit. The GREddy by comparison is not as nicely constructed, but the street prices are awesome now and it can serve as the basis for a smoking setup down the road. PE also released some updtaed versions of their kits 9without oil pan, without intercooler, etc) that also make it a worthy competitor.

Ask yourself this - who will do the install and tuning, and what sort of budget are you trying to stick to?

adam
Old 10-31-2004, 07:54 AM
doublej

Budget is no concern just quality and power for the most part.
Old 10-31-2004, 08:15 AM
Lorca@Z1

Originally posted by doublej
If this is true then the APS kit is your best choice.
Old 10-31-2004, 01:33 PM
SSR Engineering

Originally posted by doublej
Not to toot my own horn, but our quality is top-notch. With our kits we include equal length 321 Stainless manifolds, dual intercoolers (for g35s only), oil pumps, life-time warranties, and we probably yield the most power per psi out there. So far we are at 402WHP @ 6.4PSI on an automatic g35 coupe. I would say our kits are probably the most complete kits on the market.

Last edited by SSR Engineering; 10-31-2004 at 01:37 PM.
Old 10-31-2004, 04:27 PM
AmyCroft

Smile And Price - Number of Installed ?

Price

Configuration
RWHP = 402whp
Number of Install's

Cheers Amy -

Originally posted by SSR Engineering
Not to toot my own horn, but our quality is top-notch. With our kits we include equal length 321 Stainless manifolds, dual intercoolers (for g35s only), oil pumps, life-time warranties, and we probably yield the most power per psi out there. So far we are at 402WHP @ 6.4PSI on an automatic g35 coupe. I would say our kits are probably the most complete kits on the market.
Old 10-31-2004, 04:29 PM
SSR Engineering

Default Re: And Price - Number of Installed ?

Originally posted by AmyCroft
Price

Configuration
RWHP = 402whp
Number of Install's

Cheers Amy -
Configuration = Twin Turbo
Number of installs = Around 8
Price = $7795
Old 10-31-2004, 05:33 PM
Sharif@Forged
Sponsor
Forged Performance

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: Re: And Price - Number of Installed ?

Configuration = Twin Turbo
Number of installs = Around 8
Price = $7795
Are you kidding us????

I havent heard of even one person on this board having that setup. And I remember there were major discrepancies and inconsistencies with your alleged kit. Didnt you guys also have a plenum that you purported "Designed", but really didnt. Your credibility on this board is next to zero...IMHO.

My vote goes for the APS...money no object. )
Old 10-31-2004, 05:41 PM
SSR Engineering

Default Re: Re: Re: And Price - Number of Installed ?

Originally posted by gq_626
Are you kidding us????

I havent heard of even one person on this board having that setup. And I remember there were major discrepancies and inconsistencies with your alleged kit. Didnt you guys also have a plenum that you purported "Designed", but really didnt. Your credibility on this board is next to zero...IMHO.

My vote goes for the APS...money no object. )
We work in conjunction with Speed Force Racing to deliver the products we have to offer for the 350z. Someone might have got confused and didn't understand why we both offer the same product. What kind of proof do you want to see about our kit? A dyno video, a dyno sheet, pictures, or do you want to check it out in person?

One of the reasons you haven't seen the kit on a 350z is because we only offer it for the G35, hence the dual intercooler setup. We will be fitting the turbo system on a 350z in the next few weeks.
Old 10-31-2004, 05:52 PM
spazpilot

Once again we run into a thread like this to were everyone puts down the greddy, or any other kit as a matter of fact. The word I always love to here is "Our kit puts down better numbers then greddy" First, why is everyone using greddy as a mark if it is such a POS. PE, SSR, APS or any other kit has not proven to lay down better numbers then Greddy at the same boost. One word for anyone buying these kits. Do some seroius looking. Some of these companies are making there kit sound better then they are!!! For instance, the aps kit ( which I do like alot), claims 500cc injectors for there fuel system. If you read futher they are 500cc at 4 bar which is 58psi. the 440 that come with the greddy are also 500cc at 58psi (508 is the actual number). Would even doubt if they are the same injectors. Bottom line is buy what you want. NO kit is complete. You will still need to buy stuff for it. Boost gauge, boost controller, etc.....
Old 10-31-2004, 05:56 PM
spazpilot

Default Re: Re: Re: Re: And Price - Number of Installed ?

We work in conjunction with Speed Force Racing to deliver the products we have to offer for the 350z. Someone might have got confused and didn't understand why we both offer the same product. What kind of proof do you want to see about our kit? A dyno video, a dyno sheet, pictures, or do you want to check it out in person?

One of the reasons you haven't seen the kit on a 350z is because we only offer it for the G35, hence the dual intercooler setup. We will be fitting the turbo system on a 350z in the next few weeks.

your dyno and your video is not what we want to see. we want it on a car that does not belong to you. We would like to see a non bias dyno/video. Take it to a dyno day, were it can be compared to other kits. thats what people want to see.
Old 10-31-2004, 05:59 PM
SSR Engineering

Default Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: And Price - Number of Installed ?

Originally posted by spazpilot
your dyno and your video is not what we want to see. we want it on a car that does not belong to you. We would like to see a non bias dyno/video. Take it to a dyno day, were it can be compared to other kits. thats what people want to see.
Well sure I'll contact a couple customers that have our turbo system on, and have them post their non-biased opinion and dyno sheet. Possibly videos as well. This weekend we just had a customer in maryland install one of our turbo systems.
Old 10-31-2004, 06:55 PM
Lorca@Z1

Sorry, but IMHO the 321 Stainless manifolds are reason enough not to buy the kit.
Old 11-01-2004, 12:26 AM
SSR Engineering

Originally posted by Lorca@Z1
Sorry, but IMHO the 321 Stainless manifolds are reason enough not to buy the kit.
And why exactly is that? That kind of baffles me personally, that would be like saying you would rather have a civic then a ferrari.
Old 11-01-2004, 06:17 AM
Lorca@Z1

And why exactly is that? That kind of baffles me personally, that would be like saying you would rather have a civic then a ferrari.
One word "cracking"
Old 11-01-2004, 07:05 AM
SSR Engineering

Originally posted by Lorca@Z1
One word "cracking"
Cracking on 321 stainless is a rarity even among rotary engines (which run hundreds of degress hotter then any standard piston engine). Cracking is a fatigue amongst lower grades of stainless steel which is also known as carbide precipitation, 321 is alloyed with titanium which stabilizes the chromium at higher temperatures, (where the fatigue is commonly seen in lower grade steels)
Old 11-01-2004, 08:49 AM
Lorca@Z1

Cracking on 321 stainless is a rarity even among rotary engines (which run hundreds of degress hotter then any standard piston engine). Cracking is a fatigue amongst lower grades of stainless steel which is also known as carbide precipitation, 321 is alloyed with titanium which stabilizes the chromium at higher temperatures, (where the fatigue is commonly seen in lower grade steels)
321 stainless has not worked on the Z32 and I don't expect it to work on the Z33. Aside from the expansion and contraction due to heat, there is just so much unsupported weight hanging off the manifolds that they don't hold up. Look at the pictures of the cracked cast GReddy manifold that I posted.

The only non-cast sollution on the Z32 that has held up has been inconel, which is somewhat cost prohibitive. I have inconel tubular manifolds with PE 1420's on my Z32 but they cost close to $2000 which is just going to kill the price of a high production kit.
Old 11-01-2004, 09:17 AM
MY350Z.COM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

APS kits use Garrett turbos which would be a huge deciding factor for me. The support/information that they've given on this site is overwhelming. The quality and detail of their components is the best I've seen.

Contact me for anymore details or ordering information.

Victor
Old 11-01-2004, 09:45 AM
etx

I have the greddy kit, and I'm 100% happy with it. The turbos are a perfect match for this motor, and the cast manifolds are ideal for a street car. The IC is huge and very efficent, and the price of the greddy kit is very fair. I think this whole APS kit is a bunch of bandwaggoning. Not that it does not look like a great kit, I don't see very many things that make it worth the extra cash. The greddy kit isn't cheaper because it's any less quality, they just produce these kits in a higher quanity which results in a lower price for us consumers.

Quick Reply: turbo Kit Quality and price