Notices
G35/G37 General discussion and news for Infiniti's G or for full Forums check out MyG37.com or G35Driver.com

Gialla or Data Systems?

Search this Thread

Old 11-25-2004, 09:54 PM
Vanos_Villain

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Gialla or Data Systems?

I'm trying to decide between the Data System's grill for the G35, or the Gialla version. Can you guys help sway me either way? Is the fitment good on both grills? The Data System's grill seems to be cheaper than the Gialla grill, so I'm weighing that as well. Are there any major differences between the two? Thanks fellas!
Old 11-28-2004, 12:50 AM
enzo-g

i had to go through the same decision a few weeks ago, but after doing some research on forums i decided to go with the gialla grill. from what i gather, the fitment on the two grills are good but the subtle differences in appearance made me like the gialla more. the data systems grill appears to have a skinnier frame around the mesh/screen. the gialla's grill had a more defined frame, much bolder in appearance.

the oem grill took a little time in removing since i didnt know where to start. after a little bit studying of how the grill attached itself, i took it off in about two mins.

directions on G35 OEM grill removal:

1. remove the four black clips on top of the stock grill. use a flathead screwdriver and pop it off. be careful not to scratch the top surface and you do not need much force to pop it off.

2. on the top left and right corners of the grill, you will see a small opening. through that opening is a lock-type screw that's securing itself onto the front bumper. use a flashlight to see how the lock-screw is situated. it should look lik a diamond shape with a place to turn using a flathead screwdriver. through the opening, use a flathead screwdriver and do a 1/4 turn.

3. to unsecure the bottom of the grill, you need to unlatch about four tabs on the bottom. to gain access to the tabs, peek down through the opening near or in front of the hood latch and you can see the four tabs. stick your hand through this opening and lift GENTLY upwards on the bottom of each tab. be careful, they are made of plastic and may break if you lift too hard.

4. remove stock grill.

here are some pictures i just took (sorry, too lazy to shrink them down):

**the top lockscrews**

**the tabs on the bottom of the grill**

**DONE**

Old 11-28-2004, 07:26 AM
Burrcold

looks awesome!! is there anything that can be done about making that big flat post in the middle less visable? without putting the infiniti sign back on...

oh and how much was the grill after everything was said and done?
Old 11-28-2004, 09:31 AM
Vanos_Villain

Originally posted by Burrcold
looks awesome!! is there anything that can be done about making that big flat post in the middle less visable? without putting the infiniti sign back on...

oh and how much was the grill after everything was said and done?
Good question, and yes, how much was the grill?

Enzo-g, this was an excellent write-up w/ pics. Thanks bro, I appreciated it alot. Believe me, I'll fall back on this as soon as I get my grill. Again, thanks a bunch.
Old 11-28-2004, 12:39 PM
Gumpdriver

Go to Gruppe-s for the cheapest price i have found
Old 11-28-2004, 01:40 PM
Vanos_Villain

Originally posted by GdriverinZ
Go to Gruppe-s for the cheapest price i have found
Link? Phone#?
Old 11-28-2004, 02:32 PM
enzo-g

i got mines from a great seller on ebay that had five for sale. his price was much lower than gruppes and other places. i got mines for $287. the seller's name is "rbmotoring" from rbmotoring.com.

regarding the black center plate, there's is nothing much you can do about that. the mesh and that plate comes in black out of the box, so i left it as is. the plate is to protect the hood latch and from someone opening the hood from the outside. the plate is riveted to the grill itself, so there's no change of removing it.

no problem about the pics and the instructions. anytime....
Old 11-28-2004, 04:15 PM
Vanos_Villain

Originally posted by enzo-g
i got mines from a great seller on ebay that had five for sale. his price was much lower than gruppes and other places. i got mines for $287. the seller's name is "rbmotoring" from rbmotoring.com.

regarding the black center plate, there's is nothing much you can do about that. the mesh and that plate comes in black out of the box, so i left it as is. the plate is to protect the hood latch and from someone opening the hood from the outside. the plate is riveted to the grill itself, so there's no change of removing it.

no problem about the pics and the instructions. anytime....
Looks like I'll be hitting him up. What's the easiest way to contact RBMotoring?
Old 11-28-2004, 06:39 PM
enzo-g

Originally posted by Vanos_Villain
Looks like I'll be hitting him up. What's the easiest way to contact RBMotoring?
email jack@rbmotoring.com
Old 11-28-2004, 06:44 PM
enzo-g

oh by the way, i paid $100 for painting the grill.
Old 11-29-2004, 06:50 AM
Vanos_Villain

oh by the way, i paid $100 for painting the grill.
Thanks for the email and painting info.
Old 11-30-2004, 02:56 AM
Vanos_Villain

Update:

I picked up my Gialla grill from Jeff at RB Motoring today (thanks again Enzo), and customer service was swift and precise. Nice Skyline's at that spot too. Made me want to drop all and get an R33 V-Spec. Hheheee! Anyways, my question to those of you w/ the Gialla grill is...........do the factory clips mount to this grill, or do those strips of adhesive paper take the place of the clips at the bottom of the grill? Has anybody ever had any problem w/ this?
Old 11-30-2004, 10:20 AM
enzo-g

Update:

I picked up my Gialla grill from Jeff at RB Motoring today (thanks again Enzo), and customer service was swift and precise. Nice Skyline's at that spot too. Made me want to drop all and get an R33 V-Spec. Hheheee! Anyways, my question to those of you w/ the Gialla grill is...........do the factory clips mount to this grill, or do those strips of adhesive paper take the place of the clips at the bottom of the grill? Has anybody ever had any problem w/ this?
congrats! RB Motoring's awesome. my order came quickly.

the gialla grill does not come with the bottom clips like the stock grill, and yes, instead the instructions ask you to use their double sided tape. for me, i did not use the tape and decided to mount the grill without it. it works fine with no problems (no movement of the grill at all).
Old 11-30-2004, 10:25 AM
Vanos_Villain

congrats! RB Motoring's awesome. my order came quickly.

the gialla grill does not come with the bottom clips like the stock grill, and yes, instead the instructions ask you to use their double sided tape. for me, i did not use the tape and decided to mount the grill without it. it works fine with no problems (no movement of the grill at all).
And it seems really easy to install, so I'll just have the shop paint it, and I'll install it myself.

Enzo, what do you think about the Impul wing for the G35 vs the Gialla wing?
Old 11-30-2004, 10:38 AM
enzo-g

And it seems really easy to install, so I'll just have the shop paint it, and I'll install it myself.

Enzo, what do you think about the Impul wing for the G35 vs the Gialla wing?
i like them both; i like low profile spoilers. i bought a similar spoiler from unlimitedtuning.com.
Old 11-30-2004, 11:04 AM
Vanos_Villain

i like them both; i like low profile spoilers. i bought a similar spoiler from unlimitedtuning.com.
Which one did you buy, and how much? Pics?