Notices
G35/G37 General discussion and news for Infiniti's G or for full Forums check out MyG37.com or G35Driver.com

Hello all, new G35C owner!

Search this Thread

Old 12-03-2004, 06:35 AM
lokic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Hello all, new G35C owner!

So I have been lurking around the boards for the last month or so since I bought my G35C. Finally thought it be a good time to introduce myself.

I purchased an 04' Ivory Pearl G35C with all the options,premium, aero(except fromt chin spoiler which is on its way), NAV, Sports package, etc. To this point I have loved the car, and its looks are amazing. I have always been impressed by the design, and I cant believe how many people on the street stare while driving, especially the girls! Not that it matters much since Im married though. Still debating how much I will mod it besides lowering and the new audio system. I am probally going to wait until I hear news about the 07' Cobra or GTR before I tear the car up. If I dont like whats coming out, I see a turbo kit in the near future with upgraded internals and drivetrain upgrades. I love the stock rims and am deciding to keep them for now.

I am coming to you guys after just selling my 03' Sonic Blue SVT Cobra. It was pretty decently modded. I spent only around $1,700 in performace mods and was pulling over 500/500 rear wheel hp/trq on 91 octane! The powerband was sick, I had 500 ft lbs of torque at 2k RPMs all the way flat to 6.3k.The car was my daily driver. Sold it due to buying a house, as I was about to upgrade to a kennebell blower and nitrous. I sold it to a good home, and after a few months was about to purchase a C6, but the availability of the car and GMs crappy service made me go elsewhere, I collected my deposit and bought the G the same day, and have been a lot happy ever since. Here are a few pics that I wanted to share of both cars!

Look forward to contributing, and plese be patient with me, I am new to the import scene, I may have some stupid questions about brands and parts.

plate is being removed soon, damn delaer drilled in the bumper

and some of my old car (pics were taken by new owner)

Old 12-03-2004, 09:50 AM
shiva

I personally would have gone with the C6 if I had the means, but the G35C is also a nice car. Welcome!
Old 12-03-2004, 11:00 AM
bhamvett

Nice cars. Do you miss the 8 cylinder? I do! See sig.
Old 12-03-2004, 11:21 AM
vegaseric

Your "old" Stang is nice. Are those Fiske wheels? It is very tastefully modded. But you made a great choice for a new ride.
Old 12-03-2004, 01:36 PM
lokic

shivak- I hear you, but if you were in my situation you would not have wanted to car anymore either. So I put a deposit down on one in Sept, and was promised by the dealer to get one no later than December. I waited and waited, called to check status, and everytime it was 'all good', then they call me up and say that I can have a car if I order it completely different that I built it. I said no, and then they said ooh well, now you will have to wait until mid April or May. To top it off the car is having manual tran probs, and all the constraints on the car was holding up orders to mid next year.. I rather wait until the GTR or 07' Cobra comes out to get another fast car. the G35 is suiting me fine for now, I love the looks and has enough ***** to keep me semi happy.

bhamvett- Ya I miss the V8. but what I miss most is the blown V8. Nothing like a positive displacement supercharger on a V8 engine. I dont miss the gas consumption though, lol. 6-8 miles per gallon was tops in the car.

vegaseric- thanks for the compliment, the wheels are CCW's. Lot of Vette, Viper, and Supra guys use them. Awesome wheels and only weigh like 19 lbs each. They are located in Florida. All wheels are forged and built custom for the each car.
Old 12-03-2004, 02:46 PM
vegaseric

I checked out the CCW site; they make some nice wheels for the $$$ compared to HRE and I-forged. I'll have to consider them if I decide to get some decent rims for the G. I saw your old Stang on their site as well.
Old 12-03-2004, 04:50 PM
lokic

Originally posted by vegaseric
I checked out the CCW site; they make some nice wheels for the $$$ compared to HRE and I-forged. I'll have to consider them if I decide to get some decent rims for the G. I saw your old Stang on their site as well.
Exactly, you will get the same quality and save some cash..... and yes that was my old car, the new owner submitted some pics and it made it on their site. I think they are making some desktop backgrounds also.
Old 12-03-2004, 05:09 PM
n1cK!
Infiltrator!

welcome to the site! your mustang is great! bet you miss that 500 ft-lbs, don't ya? you've got a long way to go with the G.

no problems with the "stupid" questions, cuz in reality there aren't any...just repetitive ones. remember to us the SEARCH feature! glad you're happy with the G!

n1cK!
Old 12-03-2004, 06:48 PM
BLKturbo91

Default Welcome!!!!!

Hey there fellow former mustang man.....Hey I would like to see your dyno sheet from that mustang . Not to break your ***** or anything but I have been deep into stangs for 10 years now.......I have seen 500hp/500fpt out of the 03/04 cobra's but they had to put more than $1700 into it.....I have like 60K tied up in a former NMRA outlaw car that I run down south and at some carolina outlaw stuff. Hey nothing is going get the kick in the a$$ like a stang but I like the comfort if my G......I like hearing the radio too.
Old 12-04-2004, 08:21 AM
Import-Tooner

Welcome. And... thanks for not driving a mustang anymore. You are now 100% cooler (in my book).
Old 12-04-2004, 08:36 AM
lokic

Default Re: Welcome!!!!!

Originally posted by BLKturbo91
Hey there fellow former mustang man.....Hey I would like to see your dyno sheet from that mustang . Not to break your ***** or anything but I have been deep into stangs for 10 years now.......I have seen 500hp/500fpt out of the 03/04 cobra's but they had to put more than $1700 into it.....I have like 60K tied up in a former NMRA outlaw car that I run down south and at some carolina outlaw stuff. Hey nothing is going get the kick in the a$$ like a stang but I like the comfort if my G......I like hearing the radio too.
The dyno sheet posted below, it was taken at Torque Freaks in Portland Oregon, Thats where my car was tuned.

My mods, a 2.76~14lbs of boost pulley and idler($160), Diablo sport chip ($300), offroad x-pipe($180), catback ($300), ported stock Eaton blower ($500), intake ($200) any 03-04 Cobra will put out my numbers. It is a simple formula on the stock blower to get that power, and it is cheap as hell to do. The engine is bullet proof with a forged iron block and pistons.No need to upgrade fuel sytem at that power level either, it has 39lb injectors, some say closer to 42.

$1200-2000 dollars(in parts, not including labor as it varies) on an 03 Cobra is standard for getting the numbers I got, it is the max output on the stock Eaton SC without using nitrous. A lot of the older mustang guys were always pissed they had to put so muck money into the car, but you have to remember the 03 Cobra costs about 35k, so it is up there, but you get a powerplant ready for anything, and can be tweaked like Supras to put out crazy numbers.

this is before the car was tuned as you can see from the a/f ratio, I cant find my final sheet, it was a bit higher. Also did not have the offroad x, but you get the picture.

Last edited by lokic; 12-04-2004 at 08:40 AM.
Old 12-04-2004, 03:18 PM
BLKturbo91

Well lokic thanks for putting the dyno sheet up!!!! I kind of thought you were just talking parts cost and not labor and parts.....I know many people get really pissed when the 03/04 cobra eats them up but they are also not starting with a motor that is build for boost like the 03's are......Any how....Don't you miss that power!
Later