Notices
G35/G37 General discussion and news for Infiniti's G or for full Forums check out MyG37.com or G35Driver.com

Battle of the Boosted. G35 TT Vs IS300 T

Search this Thread

Old 02-28-2006, 09:20 AM
tmounk

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

This guy got crapped on by an IS300 turbo.

tany009

got my a$$ handed to me by an is300....lol

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

as the title says, i got my *** handed to me by an is300 turbo. heres what happened. i was on the turnpike on my way home from my girls house when i see the is300 with an oversized exhaust that looked like a pregnant manatee...lol. well me, all excited that i just put on my lebree resonated pipes decided to have some fun with this is300. mind you, i had no idea this crap was turbo charged. so i down shift into third and fly by him then slow down a few car lengths in front of him. so the bastard pulls up next to me and gives me the thumbs up that he's ready to throw it down. i quickly throw it into 2nd and slam on the gas and so does he. as im about to throw third i see this bastard pull like a car on me, im like what the f#$%#@@$k and in the process of looking at him i miss third. i also miss third because the freaking monster is300 made this crazy noise like a banshee that scared the crap out of me...lol.. but i continued to floor it and remained a car and a half behind him, which i was happy with because the motherf$#ker was turbo charged. when i pulled up to him to talk to him, i realize its a 40something year old refugee from some third world country that only spoke spanish...lol..well me being latino (PR) i asked him what he had and he replied, turbo charger. but overall im happy with the results because i only have: popcharger, pulley set, 5/16 spacer, ground wire kit, lebree resonated test pipes. can't wait to see what the next few mods will do.
Old 02-28-2006, 10:47 AM
tecni

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by maximumsportZ
Where in Orlando are you located?

Looks like your going to have it done right this time. Questions like this I would think it would better to ask in the FI section. I hear getting gaskets and parts from greddy can be a *****!

Good luck.
Yeah I'm shooting for a flawless install this time.
Metrowest area.

I will post this on FI and see what I can find.

Thanks
Old 02-28-2006, 02:36 PM
Fairlady_z33

In my opinion we Z/G owners are under now cause the fact that everything about are cars is not know as for the supras platform is know which is the same the IS uses right now they can spank some of us now and we can smack them back but we will have to wait 3 more years and then all are questions on are cars would be answered then the real racing can began IMO
Old 02-28-2006, 08:51 PM
2jzgtegoldis

hahaha this is funny, i think my engine will beat yours for sure, how about a race like this?
Old 03-01-2006, 12:00 AM
tecni

will do! Meet me at 6:00pm LOL J/K playa
Old 03-10-2006, 10:32 PM
tecni

Default Continution

Ok so now we have GOLDIS almost finished and waiting for intercooler piping and an exhaust downpipe. And these are pics form today where you can see the second IS300 receiving a 2JZ-GTE swap. Acoording to "Ivan", the owner, he should be done with most of the work on monday. Everything BUT the intercooler pipien and down pipe will be installed. THe other major obstace that must be tackled is the fuel system.

Apparently the IS comes with a returnless fuel system and the 2jz-gte has a RETURN fuel syetem, leaving the fuel rails exposed. This calls for either capping the fuel rails or manufacturing a return fuel system. GOLDIS decided to cap it but the graphite IS is looking for a solution to make the return fuel system functional.

As far as my progress goes (g35), I will have the Pistons, rods,ARP studs, and turbo seals in by wednesday. Hopefully I will have the reapir manual in by the same time so I can start working on putting all of this together.

Here are some pics of the graphite IS300 in its early stages of the swap. ENJOY:

Old 03-10-2006, 10:35 PM
tecni

the dog is part of the upgrade, not only is this guy gonna be pushing 280whp at stock boost but add one dog power and you have one G35 killin machine LOL. Keep dreamin
Old 03-13-2006, 03:27 PM
supra crazy

OMG every one is on myspace.Idont even know how i found this but just kept lookin throw freinds and freinds of friends. http://viewmorepics.myspace.com/inde...7D43A9A4436972
Old 03-13-2006, 08:04 PM
Driven1
Professional

I think someone should call Paul Efantis and get some info on how to REALLY use that thing. LOL
Old 03-13-2006, 08:45 PM
tecni

Damn I guess it really IS a small world! Its kinda funny how you spotted that!

Just got back from working on the second IS300 and here it is:

THis here is the famous "powered by me pic"!

In this one we're putting the finishing touches before the monster goes on the 4 door.

Old 03-13-2006, 08:46 PM
tecni

So far, we've invested 20 hours into the swap.
So far both IS300's have been coming along smoothly. Those engines are hard as hell to fit in that engine bay and I'm predicting some issues with the engine being too close or actually rubbing against the firewall when the motor is under load. I guess we'll have to see what happens.

Now we got:
One IS300 running but with no intercooler piping yet. Its scheduled for assembly on saturday.
Another IS300 with just the motor in but still not running
Fianlly the G35 back to N/a and awaiting Wiseco pistons, pauter rods, apr studs and rebuilt Greddy TT's

Stay tuned

Last edited by tecni; 03-13-2006 at 09:03 PM.
Old 03-14-2006, 08:57 AM
Driven1
Professional

IT might svae you guys a whole lot of time if you called MSP motorsports and performance in Fredrick, MD and talked to either Paul Efantis or Krystos Efantis. I believe they have already done this and would be able to tell you exactly how to do it. Sweet work though guys! Can't wait to hear about your results and how it runs.

Oh, and here's their website. www.motorsportsperformanceracing.com

Originally Posted by tecni
So far, we've invested 20 hours into the swap.
So far both IS300's have been coming along smoothly. Those engines are hard as hell to fit in that engine bay and I'm predicting some issues with the engine being too close or actually rubbing against the firewall when the motor is under load. I guess we'll have to see what happens.

Now we got:
One IS300 running but with no intercooler piping yet. Its scheduled for assembly on saturday.
Another IS300 with just the motor in but still not running
Fianlly the G35 back to N/a and awaiting Wiseco pistons, pauter rods, apr studs and rebuilt Greddy TT's

Stay tuned
Old 03-14-2006, 12:43 PM
tecni

Well there's really nothing too complicated about the swap. Other than relocating the ABS unit, finding a down pipe to match the motor to the cat back, swapping the harnesses, and running the intercooler piping... Everything else is pretty straight forward.
Old 03-15-2006, 10:01 PM
2jzgtegoldis

Well there's really nothing too complicated about the swap. Other than relocating the ABS unit, finding a down pipe to match the motor to the cat back, swapping the harnesses, and running the intercooler piping... Everything else is pretty straight forward.

yeah after i did the homework and spent all the time to find out if it would really work
Old 03-16-2006, 02:04 AM
tecni

You sound a little bitter there bud... You have to give credit where credit is due though and if you really wanna go back to the basics. You had no idea you could put a 2JZ-GTE in your car until Ivan told you he had been doing research for an entire week on it and that it could be done.

Yes, you were quicker to jump on the project than he was. He let you work on it first so you could shine a light on just about everything that COULD go wrong.

But going back to my original post... Putting a 2JZ-GTE in the IS200 is very straight forward! Its not like putting an LS-1 in a 240sx!
Old 03-16-2006, 02:12 AM
Hraesvelg
Got Uranium?

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by 2jzgtegoldis
yeah after i did the homework and spent all the time to find out if it would really work
Damn, you just got here! Settle down there buddy!
Old 03-16-2006, 03:55 PM
2jzgtegoldis

You sound a little bitter there bud... You have to give credit where credit is due though and if you really wanna go back to the basics. You had no idea you could put a 2JZ-GTE in your car until Ivan told you he had been doing research for an entire week on it and that it could be done.

Yes, you were quicker to jump on the project than he was. He let you work on it first so you could shine a light on just about everything that COULD go wrong.

But going back to my original post... Putting a 2JZ-GTE in the IS200 is very straight forward! Its not like putting an LS-1 in a 240sx!

ah ok, no you are wrong, the idea came from IS300.net, not ivan, YEah we both did homework before buying the engines, but all you can find out and ivan and I only knew that it was posible in some way, Then i found the engines in a GREAT price, and then took all the risk and found out all the parts needed and found all the problems that we would have to do the swap, IN overall, IF i didnt started and take the risk, nobody would of done it.
Old 03-16-2006, 04:02 PM
tecni

Here's what's new:

Nothing too exciting...
I was just test fitting everything but I have to go back and redo a coupe of things and order 2 oil jets, I ordered new bearings, a few orings and it should be ready to be put in... in a week or two.
I'll probaby send it off to get inspected and balanced as well.
Old 03-16-2006, 04:02 PM
2jzgtegoldis

Originally Posted by Hraesvelg
Damn, you just got here! Settle down there buddy!

lol, no I didnt just get here, the GOLD IS you see from the beginning is my
Old 03-19-2006, 09:12 PM
tecni

As always, just stoppin by here to show you guys what's been going on lately.

The Gold IS300 went and got the intercooler piping done this weekend at a local speed shop and here are the pics.

The other IS is getting his piping done tomorrow and hopefully 100% completed. As for me... I just replaced all the seals on one of the turbos, tomorrow I'll do the other and if all goes well, I'll mail them out to get balanced. I'm still waiting on new rod bearings and ARP studs.

Quick Reply: Battle of the Boosted. G35 TT Vs IS300 T