Notices
G35/G37 General discussion and news for Infiniti's G or for full Forums check out MyG37.com or G35Driver.com

Battle of the Boosted. G35 TT Vs IS300 T

Search this Thread

Old 01-25-2006, 09:25 AM
tecni

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Battle of the Boosted. G35 TT Vs IS300 T

OK so I just bought a VQ35DE from a local Salvage yard yesterday and took it all apart last night and I'm getting a price quote from Titan Motorsports to get it built ASAP.

What's the big deal you say? Ever since I bought my G, my friend has been trying to beat me with his IS (with NO LUCk of course) especially after I got my Greddy tt's he gave up fror a while but now he's dropping a 2JZGTE into his IS and from what I hear it will be a beast.

Do you think a 2jzGTE IS 300 will beat a fully built G35 with Greddy TT's. (maxing both setups). -----> max PSI on both.

I hear he will break his Tranny at or beyond 350hp unless he get a getrag or a supra 6 speed tranny.

Any thoughts?
Old 01-25-2006, 09:50 AM
SpeedRcr

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

if he sets it up correctly from the block up and is able to hold all the hp then he should be able to take you unless you start to upgrade your setup
Old 01-25-2006, 12:42 PM
js3324

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Is he just doing the block or the whole engine? The whole engine swap is exceptionally hard and theres alot of small details that are hard to work out despite what you may have heard.
The problem with the IS is traction due to the tires it can fit so even if he does have a nice size turbo hes not going to have much luck getting the power down to the ground...if he does though expect it to do just as well as any Supra. The tranny holds up decently depending on how well he can drive(even when abusing it, as long as he abuses it "right")
Old 01-25-2006, 12:55 PM
NissanBlack350Z

G will kill it
Old 01-25-2006, 01:19 PM
showstoppertk

idunno man. theres a guy here with a fully built 2jzgte w/getrag trans in his IS and he runs 10's all night long. its def not easy and/or cost effective, but if its done right those things can run. I have yet to see a G run 10's here.
Old 01-25-2006, 02:55 PM
tecni

Old 01-25-2006, 03:04 PM
97supratt

Originally Posted by NissanBlack350Z
G will kill it
LMAO you got proof to back it up? The 2jz-gte has gotten upto 900whp with stock block. Dont make me bust out some major dynos and links. That motor is made to handle boost, if you put the same mods on each car, his car will make more torque and most likely respond better to the mods because of course that motor is meant for boost. I dont care how built a VQ is, the 2JZ-gte is untouched as of now. Good luck though, make sure you fully build your bottom end and boost a lot.
Old 01-25-2006, 04:05 PM
r10apple

Um, you are likely in trouble...go to IS300.net and you will find a lot of IS's pushing over 500whp and as many running 10's and really low 11's--regularly...

Last edited by r10apple; 01-25-2006 at 04:40 PM.
Old 01-25-2006, 04:17 PM
visionboy

turbo is300>>>turbo g35

http://www.visionboy.com/cars.html#is300

at least this is300 is...
Old 01-25-2006, 06:10 PM
tecni

Hmm, looks like I'm gonna need to upgrade to a G43! STROKER baby!!!
Might as well if I'm gonna have to get a standalone FMS.

Now where the hell do I get 7200 bucks LOL
Old 01-25-2006, 06:12 PM
tecni

Supraboy, proof to back what up? I'm not making claims here, I'm stating facts on what I'm doing. On gettin it built that is...
Old 01-25-2006, 08:54 PM
BigBoost

Boost for boost the VQ ***** all over the 2JZGTE. Build your bottom end and its all over for him. He will need a big laggy turbo to make serious power while you will not even know what turbo lag is. Just compare a NA G35 to a NA IS300, its no contest...the same will be for a G35TT vs IS300 with a big laggy turbo. His car will not be fun to daily drive while yours will have a broad useable powerband.

3.5 > 3.0
Old 01-25-2006, 09:00 PM
BigBoost

Originally Posted by 97supratt
LMAO you got proof to back it up? The 2jz-gte has gotten upto 900whp with stock block. Dont make me bust out some major dynos and links. That motor is made to handle boost, if you put the same mods on each car, his car will make more torque and most likely respond better to the mods because of course that motor is meant for boost. I dont care how built a VQ is, the 2JZ-gte is untouched as of now. Good luck though, make sure you fully build your bottom end and boost a lot.
Stop watching fast and furious all day. Bla Bla Bla, yeah 900 on stock block for one dyno session with 1000psi on a gigantic turbo.. big deal. Who wants to drive that around town?

Try watching JGTC racing where turbo VQ 350Z has dominated.
Old 01-25-2006, 10:07 PM
taurran

Originally Posted by BigBoost
Stop watching fast and furious all day. Bla Bla Bla, yeah 900 on stock block for one dyno session with 1000psi on a gigantic turbo.. big deal. Who wants to drive that around town?

True, but that's racing on a whole different level. These guys are just talking about driving fast in a straight line. Of course, the g35/350z wasn't really designed with that in mind... but with enough money, anything is possible.

I do, however, envy the stability of the 2jz platform. Those things are built like brick sh**houses.
Old 01-25-2006, 11:31 PM
tecni

taurran: I also respect the 2JZ platform but thake a comprable engine to that like the RB26 and place them head to head and you will quickly find out that any motor that was intended to be boosted will hold high psi alot better than the one intended for N/A.

To be quite honest, this rivalry agains my friend is completely capricious because I've had my TT's for over 5 months and I still havn't found anything out there that has beat me. Don't get me wrong, I'm sure I'll eventually find them but so far, M3's, E55 AMG's, Stang Cobra's, etc have been no match.

But I have no doubt that the 2JZGTE is a worthy oppponent to the VQ but is it only beacue its an iron block? What else besided small block manufacturing materials makes the 2JZ more powerful? After all the VQ35 is 500cc's larger than the 3.0 liter 2jz...
Old 01-26-2006, 03:09 AM
SpeedRcr

if i remember it came stock with forged internals...the inline 6 is always a good powerplant to build from...and more displacement does not always mean more usuable hp...
Old 01-26-2006, 09:16 AM
97supratt

Watching fast and furious ? I owned a RSP TT when you were in your play crib. Go on the supra forum, challenge any of those folks to a race. A supra has the 2jz-gte platform. The IS is lighter than a supra, I dare you to go race one and find out what happens. Dont open your mouth to something you dont know son, I didnt come on here and bash you. You can be the e-thug that you are, but when it comes down to it, if you havent owned a 2jz-gte you'll never know...
Old 01-26-2006, 09:19 AM
97supratt

Originally Posted by tecni
Supraboy, proof to back what up? I'm not making claims here, I'm stating facts on what I'm doing. On gettin it built that is...
I wasnt talking to you mr. Let me bash on supras, I was commenting on black350z's quote. You guys can compare the 2jz-ge to a VQ anyday you want and the VQ will come out on top. But if you compare the 2JZ-GTE your in for some trouble. You guys dont know didly squat about those motors, they handle boost better. Why is that so hard to understand? They have iron blocks, VQ has aluminum. Even if you put pistons and rods, you have a chance of blowing the block to hell. The 2jz-GTE is made for boost, now if you cant understand that then dont make comments like that.
Old 01-26-2006, 09:23 AM
97supratt

Originally Posted by tecni

But I have no doubt that the 2JZGTE is a worthy oppponent to the VQ but is it only beacue its an iron block? What else besided small block manufacturing materials makes the 2JZ more powerful? After all the VQ35 is 500cc's larger than the 3.0 liter 2jz...
It isnt just the iron block. It is fully forged internals, low compression pistons. The intake runners are huge, the cams are bulletproof, the valvetrain is superb (especially when modified), the fuel system is untouchable. Everyone uses supra fuel pumps because they are number 1 in flow. Why dont you guys do more research on the 2jz-gte and then compare because you guys are being biased. I now drive a 06 enthusiast and I still think the 2jz-gte is superior in every way. But if you compare the 2jz-ge then yea, the VQ is on top of that.
Old 01-26-2006, 09:25 AM
97supratt

Also, 900whp is daily driven. JGTC vehicles cost more than your house dont compare, plus they dont run the same engines. JGTC is regulated by the fuel they use, the compression, the boost, etc. Get your facts straight.

Quick Reply: Battle of the Boosted. G35 TT Vs IS300 T