Notices
G35/G37 General discussion and news for Infiniti's G or for full Forums check out MyG37.com or G35Driver.com

VRT in USCC

Search this Thread

Old 10-02-2007, 02:51 PM
eagletanggreen
Got Track!!!!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Motormouth
that is sort of a cop out. but oh well, at least your car is good.

I can't beleive any enthusiast would ever take the line 'well, they did me fine, oops on the others'.

but... your car, your life.

+1
Motormouth as you probably know its all about money. Track guys have money.... bottom line, it not cheap to even do a simple track event (if you do it right) $300 - $500 for track fees $200 for race gas, gas for yout tow truck, logging, $1200 for r compound tires. It adds up. If a shop has a car that is doing track events with thier log / shop name it in thier interest to take care of that customer (high vis), all the other kids with a motor build / Safeway / piggly wiggley getters some how got the shaft from Mr A. I was almost a victim, but when I called him out with his shipping for some VRT "tiawan or however you spell it " coilovers, and me threating him to go crazy on this forum I got a full refund ASAP.
I personally am getting away from any big shop, and teaming up with some new friends, that are giving and arent asking for anything.

Its all about money $$$$ big shops suck @ss
Old 10-02-2007, 03:07 PM
THE ROADSTER

Originally Posted by eagletanggreen
+1
Motormouth as you probably know its all about money. Track guys have money.... bottom line, it not cheap to even do a simple track event (if you do it right) $300 - $500 for track fees $200 for race gas, gas for yout tow truck, logging, $1200 for r compound tires. It adds up. If a shop has a car that is doing track events with thier log / shop name it in thier interest to take care of that customer (high vis), all the other kids with a motor build / Safeway / piggly wiggley getters some how got the shaft from Mr A. I was almost a victim, but when I called him out with his shipping for some VRT "tiawan or however you spell it " coilovers, and me threating him to go crazy on this forum I got a full refund ASAP.
I personally am getting away from any big shop, and teaming up with some new friends, that are giving and arent asking for anything.

Its all about money $$$$ big shops suck @ss
VRT was not a big shop, I never saw more than 5 cars in his shop and one of them was his yellow race car. GTM has a big shop and they are awsome.
Old 10-02-2007, 03:27 PM
Motormouth
Banned

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

GTM being awesome is a matter of opinion, as is VRT not being a big shop.

having 5 cars in a shop being worked on is big time to me. sure, there are much bigger shops, but I think you are picking on a very unimportant detail of what he is saying. he has a point.
Old 10-02-2007, 03:39 PM
IIQuickSilverII

Received 215 Likes on 184 Posts

...............but I think you are picking on a very unimportant detail of what he is saying. he has a point.

i couldnt agree more with you.
call gtm awsome for somethign else, not for the size of the shop. ..
if anythign the bigger it is the more business oriented it gets(ie business 1st customer next no matter what they tell you) and the harder it is to have good quality control...quality mechanics... etc etc..
Old 10-02-2007, 03:46 PM
IIQuickSilverII

Originally Posted by WA2GOOD
Hello, I feel as if I have remained in a professional manner throught ALL of these VRT posts and not slinging mud publicly about what I know about the company known as VRT and the reasons why Mark and myself left.
I must state that I DID try to share and express my concerns about the way things were starting to go with as many customers as I felt were directly impacted before I left.
Ed (Eagle1), in particular was one of the customers (and friend) which I had alot of respect for that I shared with about the goings on and that I was no longer going to a part of that company and will no longer be able to help him out on overseeing his car. I tried not to, but I did take it personally when he listened to what I had to say, but despite what I had told him he still decided to continue and evolve his relationship with Mr A and VRT for the past year, pretty much taking what I put my neck out on the line to tell him and tossing it aside. Ed is awesome and someone that I held in VERY hi regard, had a ton of respect for, and considered him a good friend. I took it hard weather he knows it or not. I went from having weekly, many times daily extended conversations with Ed, (even having dinner at his house with his family) to being treated as if I was the enemy, or as if I had the plague. (I would love to someday here why this was the case). He obviously made his decision on what to do, and that was that. ...........Anyways enough about that.

All's I know is that (not me, but) Mark Brent my main mechanic, buisness partner, and original builder of this car has been contacted directly by Ed to go over his whole car, fix what was wrong with it, and get it back in "good" working order for him. It was mentioned to me today that Ed has also requested that the VRT stickers all be removed, (finally). I am sure the car will be back to as good as it ever was, and back terrorizing track goers in no time.

--Scott @ Relentless Autosports

that is just a bad bad move by ed... but at least he is not requesting you to provide DNA or video evidence of what vrt did like NG did... but he did stuck by them even though you.. a good friend as you though.. told him... i don't know Eagle1 but many have mentioned how much they regard him here, but this put things differently, and makes him look almost as bad as "NG support" in this whole deal.
Old 10-02-2007, 06:15 PM
eagletanggreen
Got Track!!!!!

Originally Posted by IIQuickSilverII
i couldnt agree more with you.
call gtm awsome for somethign else, not for the size of the shop. ..
if anythign the bigger it is the more business oriented it gets(ie business 1st customer next no matter what they tell you) and the harder it is to have good quality control...quality mechanics... etc etc..

Right on the money Quick
Old 10-02-2007, 07:51 PM
RudeG_v2.0
でたらめ検出器

that is sort of a cop out. but oh well, at least your car is good.

I can't beleive any enthusiast would ever take the line 'well, they did me fine, oops on the others'.

but... your car, your life.
+2

I found the post by Ed/Eagle1 as an attempt to be so neutral that it was unbelievable and came across as disingenuous. Then alas, Scott/WA2GOOD exposed that he informed/warned him about Mr. A and VRT before he left the shop.

Here is a possible explanation for Ed's response and his complacency: (Feel free to correct me if my assumptions and perceptions about any of this are wrong.)

First...The reasons for my perception of what might really be going on here between Mr. A/VRT and Ed/Eagle1:

-It was posted in the other VRT thread that Eagle1 is an attorney.

-He apparently has spent considerable money and time tracking his car on a frequent basis with the VRT label (until now).

-He has invested considerable money in his car with VRT and appears to be one of the only persons at current date who is satisfied and was treated fairly.

-He continued his relationship with Mr. A and VRT, distanced himself from his friendship with Scott/WA2GOOD, and let Mr.A take his car for the USCC project AFTER SCOTT INFORMED HIM OF WHAT WAS GOING ON BEHIND THE SCENES WITH MR.A AND VRT.

-Eagle1 stated this...
Originally Posted by Eagle1
I have been traveling alot and not on the board much. Also just got a new computer and had a parental control put in as a matter of course, but it is so strict that it will not let me log on to My350Z. I think it may be because there are some "girlie" threads or links someplace on the site.
However, his post history shows that he has been online recently and frequently, especially since this thread was started on 9-17-07.

https://my350z.com/forum/members/28612-eagle1.html

So, (besides Scott's warning to him) he should have been well aware of all the BS going on at VRT and the nightmare stories of other customers alleging fraud by Mr. A. Despite this, he still donated his car to VRT for the USCC.

So therefore...

I propose that the reason Ed/Eagle1 maintained his relationship with Mr.A/VRT and received such supposedly fair treatment with quality workmanship was because he was in fact an investor or silent business partner with Mr.A/VRT. He denied this in his response, but sorry Ed, I'm not convinced.
Originally Posted by Eagle1
But I am not VRT, I was a customer, and have no business or other relationship other than that.
I also find it interesting and a bit suspicious that the VRT stickers are coming off and the car is being taken now to Jim Wolf and Mark at Relentless after VRT was supposedly sold. Yet prior to the sale of the company, he allowed his car to be worked on outdoors at Mr. A's house. Can you say "Cashed out investor"?

Last edited by RudeG_v2.0; 10-02-2007 at 09:40 PM.
Old 10-02-2007, 10:15 PM
WA2GOOD
Banned

I understand what some of you are saying, but my post was not meant to through Eagle1 (Ed) under the bus. I was just simply venting a little personall frustration about the situation. I may have let the personal side of things get in the way of buisness in this case........ but, it was a little theroputic, Hahahaha.

Ed is a great guy and someone to look up to, that is why I took it the way that I did, and as hard as I did. I am pretty sure Ed has (had) no vested interest in VRT.
Old 10-03-2007, 07:37 AM
eagletanggreen
Got Track!!!!!

Originally Posted by RudeG_v2.0
+2

I found the post by Ed/Eagle1 as an attempt to be so neutral that it was unbelievable and came across as disingenuous. Then alas, Scott/WA2GOOD exposed that he informed/warned him about Mr. A and VRT before he left the shop.

Here is a possible explanation for Ed's response and his complacency: (Feel free to correct me if my assumptions and perceptions about any of this are wrong.)

First...The reasons for my perception of what might really be going on here between Mr. A/VRT and Ed/Eagle1:

-It was posted in the other VRT thread that Eagle1 is an attorney.

-He apparently has spent considerable money and time tracking his car on a frequent basis with the VRT label (until now).

-He has invested considerable money in his car with VRT and appears to be one of the only persons at current date who is satisfied and was treated fairly.

-He continued his relationship with Mr. A and VRT, distanced himself from his friendship with Scott/WA2GOOD, and let Mr.A take his car for the USCC project AFTER SCOTT INFORMED HIM OF WHAT WAS GOING ON BEHIND THE SCENES WITH MR.A AND VRT.

-Eagle1 stated this...
However, his post history shows that he has been online recently and frequently, especially since this thread was started on 9-17-07.

https://my350z.com/forum/members/28612-eagle1.html

So, (besides Scott's warning to him) he should have been well aware of all the BS going on at VRT and the nightmare stories of other customers alleging fraud by Mr. A. Despite this, he still donated his car to VRT for the USCC.

So therefore...

I propose that the reason Ed/Eagle1 maintained his relationship with Mr.A/VRT and received such supposedly fair treatment with quality workmanship was because he was in fact an investor or silent business partner with Mr.A/VRT. He denied this in his response, but sorry Ed, I'm not convinced.

I also find it interesting and a bit suspicious that the VRT stickers are coming off and the car is being taken now to Jim Wolf and Mark at Relentless after VRT was supposedly sold. Yet prior to the sale of the company, he allowed his car to be worked on outdoors at Mr. A's house. Can you say "Cashed out investor"?

This would make a great movie, just add some romance for the chicks, and a gun fight, adn not $hit you got your self a movie, it already sound better than "Redline"
Old 10-03-2007, 09:15 AM
Triple8Sol
Banned

Got my issue recently and finally got around to looking at it yesterday. Love Eagle1's car, his build threads and writeups, and his passion for road racing. BUT...those VRT stickers gotta go!!
Old 10-03-2007, 09:44 AM
IIQuickSilverII

^^^

thats if everything that they listed for mods is really there

i am waiting to hear form TIm about the updates on the germans Z...and whats the deal with the engine ..is it in Eds car?
Old 10-04-2007, 11:58 AM
buzzardmountain

Received 7 Likes on 4 Posts

I wanted to say this before, but I'd guess Ed's car probably got the parts promised and paid for by other customers.
Old 10-04-2007, 12:08 PM
IIQuickSilverII

Originally Posted by buzzardmountain
I wanted to say this before, but I'd guess Ed's car probably got the parts promised and paid for by other customers.

i agree with you that wouldnt surprise me at all if thats the case... maybe thats part of what scott tryed to tell him, and then he gets "backstabbed" by ED going in support of mrA$$

....its the NG syndrome...
Old 10-04-2007, 03:28 PM
RudeG_v2.0
でたらめ検出器

Originally Posted by eagletanggreen
This would make a great movie, just add some romance for the chicks, and a gun fight, adn not $hit you got your self a movie, it already sound better than "Redline"
LOL! That wasn't the response I was expecting! But you're right!!! The VRT drama could make a great movie.
Old 10-04-2007, 03:29 PM
RudeG_v2.0
でたらめ検出器

Originally Posted by buzzardmountain
+1