Notices
G35/G37 General discussion and news for Infiniti's G or for full Forums check out MyG37.com or G35Driver.com

My new works :)

Search this Thread

Old 03-31-2008, 12:49 PM
IIQuickSilverII

Received 215 Likes on 184 Posts

Originally Posted by surfquikslver
? ...15 mm and 20 mm spacers is ridonculousss
....... There cars looked sick AND one of the owners even ran a BBK which led him to have to run spacers which would mean more poke. Theres no problem having these wheels if your a cautious driver.
I didnt want my car to have the same fitment like every other G out there.
Its not possible for my wheel to hit the fender! With the spring and shock pressure there is no way that my wheel would ever hit the fender! Worst case scenario, the tire will rub it. Offsets are a taste, You got The wheels/offsets you wanted, which does not fit my taste and i got the wheels/offset that i want and they obviously dont fit your taste.
u are not really making sense....
besides just the "look" you want...
Old 03-31-2008, 12:53 PM
surfquikslver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

You have to run a 15mm and 20mm spacer to clear the stock brembos if you have them and thats what the previous owner did.
Old 03-31-2008, 12:58 PM
SOLO-350Z
'12 TL SH-AWD

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

The FRONT is not the problem for offset. You can run spacers up front and should still clear the fender. The rear won't need spacers and as of now it doesn't clear the fender.

Last edited by SOLO-350Z; 03-31-2008 at 01:03 PM.
Old 03-31-2008, 02:08 PM
RudeG_v2.0
でたらめ検出器

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

LOL!!! Jorge and I got called noobz by someone with a December 2007 join date and less than 150 posts! That just made my afternoon!
Old 03-31-2008, 03:13 PM
XKR

Originally Posted by Nexx
looking at the pics, i still cant understand where some of you guys are thinking that he is going to rub his rim on the fender. this has been done before even more of a drop and they do not rub the rim, i understand your concern but its unwarranted.

Unwarranted you say ?? Check out what the OP said.

Theres no problem having these wheels if your a cautious driver.
I didnt want my car to have the same fitment like every other G out there..
Cautious driver should mean watching out for pedestrians and senior citizens....not watching out for rims and fenders

So I am going to do just like the OP....I want to be different. I have 12" Pistons front and 6" Pistons rear. I am going to call Sharif and tell him I want to be different....I want him to switch things around and put the 12" in the rear. Don't worry....I will be cautious.....

Can you just imagine driving across an intersection in a car like the one in the picture below at 45 to 50 mph and not seeing the change in elevation until its too late and then looking in your rearview mirror just in time to see that you just left your fenders behind .... I am sure you all have seeing claw marks in the road when those Ricers bottom out.

Last edited by XKR; 03-31-2008 at 03:33 PM.
Old 03-31-2008, 05:14 PM
hatchboi

just curious but what number offset do yall FI guys consider right on a Z, G35? +22 all around, +17f +18r?
Old 03-31-2008, 07:58 PM
turismo

Old 03-31-2008, 08:09 PM
blackz123

what kinda works are those??
Old 04-01-2008, 03:14 AM
BBS
Banned

heres another pic from the weekend

i got to fix that ugly ripple by the bottom mesh on the bumper
And the rear rims and tires that are the wrong size.

XKR's fitment looks a BILLION times better.

Regards.

Last edited by BBS; 04-01-2008 at 03:16 AM.
Old 04-01-2008, 04:13 AM
DustinZ33

I've read everyone's comments and I'm not here to choose sides but I'm confused on one thing. I don't understand how some of you can come in here and say that someone's wheels and tires are the "wrong" sizes. There is no "wrong" sizes when it comes to your opinion and your car. Who are you to say what is right or wrong. There is no "all mighty right and wrong" list of wheel and tire sizes for the Z. It's what you think looks best on your car. It just boggles my mind that some of you can have the audacity tell someone they are wrong when this is all an opinionated subject. I can understand being wrong if he came in here and said that this was his new road racing wheels setup but seriously. Let it go.
Old 04-01-2008, 04:29 AM
SOLO-350Z
'12 TL SH-AWD

Originally Posted by DustinZ33
I've read everyone's comments and I'm not here to choose sides but I'm confused on one thing. I don't understand how some of you can come in here and say that someone's wheels and tires are the "wrong" sizes. There is no "wrong" sizes when it comes to your opinion and your car. Who are you to say what is right or wrong. There is no "all mighty right and wrong" list of wheel and tire sizes for the Z. It's what you think looks best on your car. It just boggles my mind that some of you can have the audacity tell someone they are wrong when this is all an opinionated subject. I can understand being wrong if he came in here and said that this was his new road racing wheels setup but seriously. Let it go.
There is always a wrong size, especially one that could cause damage to the car itself. Cars are not designed to have wheels that stick past the fenders.

Man are people really this dense on this forum.
Old 04-01-2008, 04:31 AM
BBS
Banned

So if i want to tune my car to 9.8:1 AFR because i like Pouring black smoke like a dump truck does that make it right?

Good luck,
Old 04-01-2008, 04:48 AM
DustinZ33

Originally Posted by BBS
So if i want to tune my car to 9.8:1 AFR because i like Pouring black smoke like a dump truck does that make it right?

Good luck,
No sir. But, that's not what we are discussing. We are just talking about a wheel and tire. Tuning your car like that would severely mess up the engine. His wheels aren't messing up his car. Yes, I will agree that they can potentially mess up his fender more than a smaller wheel. But it's still a maybe. I still don't think it's wrong. You'd definately mess up your engine tuning it like that. Basically, I think there is a right way to tune an engine but no real set in stone way to fit a wheel.
Old 04-01-2008, 04:51 AM
BBS
Banned

No sir. But, that's not what we are discussing. .

That's exactly what we are discussing. An idiot doing something wrong and using the reason that "he likes it" as reasoning. I like black smoke i think its MAD VIP IMPORT STYLEZ YO and you cant tell me different.

Regards,
Old 04-01-2008, 05:03 AM
DustinZ33

read my whole statement. I just did. I'm not trying to be rude to you so don't be rude with me.
Old 04-01-2008, 05:07 AM
j.arnaldo
Banned

Guys, pardon my ignorance, but I have a doubt: I'm aware that Infinity and Nissan are the 2 wings of the same bird, but: do Zeds/G35s share the same chassis? Except for the tail lights & other details, they're like fraternal twins! Thanks, in advance, for your clarification.

Last edited by j.arnaldo; 04-01-2008 at 05:15 AM.
Old 04-01-2008, 05:13 AM
BBS
Banned

read my whole statement. I just did. I'm not trying to be rude to you so don't be rude with me.
I read it and i don't see how my point differs from his. You dont feel there is a right or wrong wheel and tire size for a given platform. I don't agree, this kid bought some used wheels off someone else. He has no clue about fitment. Guess what neither do i. However common sense tell me that if the wheels stock out past the leading edge of the fender. If the suspension bottoms out damage will occur when the wheel hits the fender. Common sense tells me that if im going with a custom wheel size i call someone who knows the correct offset. Im sure if you call HRE or Iforged and tell them you want a 20x11.5" wheel on the rear. They will say the offset does not matter.
Old 04-01-2008, 05:21 AM
surfquikslver

Originally Posted by BBS
And the rear rims and tires that are the wrong size.

XKR's fitment looks a BILLION times better.

Regards.
you cant even call that fitment, look at the rears.
Old 04-01-2008, 05:23 AM
BBS
Banned

you cant even call that fitment, look at the rears.
Are you dumb?

His rear fitment looks "perfect" and he has more tire than you can fit with your setup.

Good luck,
Old 04-01-2008, 05:27 AM
surfquikslver

Originally Posted by BBS
I read it and i don't see how my point differs from his. You dont feel there is a right or wrong wheel and tire size for a given platform. I don't agree, this kid bought some used wheels off someone else. He has no clue about fitment. Guess what neither do i. However common sense tell me that if the wheels stock out past the leading edge of the fender. If the suspension bottoms out damage will occur when the wheel hits the fender. Common sense tells me that if im going with a custom wheel size i call someone who knows the correct offset. Im sure if you call HRE or Iforged and tell them you want a 20x11.5" wheel on the rear. They will say the offset does not matter.
Work made these for a g35. I do have a clue about fitment, i posted these in a fitment thread and got nothing but compliments..I post it here and you "F.I" guys who seem to think you are some sort of god give me nothing but rude repetitive advice to get a higher offset. I had HRES on my old bmw and they are ****, long story.. but they were made for my car and they also had a poke but i specifically told them i wanted the set up like that. What part of, this is how i want my car to look do you not understand guys? If it ever damages my fender than ill post on here and you can laugh at me all you want! But in the mean time i think our points have been clearly marked.

Quick Reply: My new works :)