Notices
G35/G37 General discussion and news for Infiniti's G or for full Forums check out MyG37.com or G35Driver.com

Got the G35 Sport Paddle shifters installed

Search this Thread

Old 03-28-2008, 08:28 PM
Firedawg63nla

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Got the G35 Sport Paddle shifters installed

1st things is I got these with Zack on driver Zackt69 or rarejdm.com.
I will post His post on driver so not to confuse

I'll get pics of the kit without the lower cover installed. I think Lawrence got his lower cover on... he was trimming it while I was connecting the wires yesterday. It would come with everything modified and ready to bolt on. The steering assy and paddles need modification. There is a mounting bracket, control unit, and hardware also included. The paddles bolt on, the control unit is a small box, and the wiring to the shifter is 6 wires total, 1 pos, 1 neg, and 4 to the shifter.

There is a new hurdle though. The 03/04 models with require a slightly modified bracket. Until yesterday, I didn't know that the earlier models were completely different. I got it to work on Lawrences car, but it wasn't bolt on like the 05/06 is.

After going back and forth with my partner in Japan, the price is set at $750 shipped, with a $300 deposit up front. I don't know how that price sits with you guys, but if I can't get that much for it, then there's no point in me doing it since the upfront costs are pretty high in making it a bolt on kit. This does not include the lower cover, since that has been a nightmare for me to get made and modifying them 1 at a time is too time consuming and costly.

If there is interest still, start up a list and let me know if you want willow or black paddles. I'll need at least 10 orders before this can happen.

Thanks-
Zack

Ok Now my post. I love these things.

Zack Thanks Man for installing this on my ride. The 2003 g is so different and it was a PITA to fabricate some stuff today. Zack did it though and Man am I happy. Shifting to Chino Hills was fun and you are right man. NOW I drive with both hands on the wheels..hahahahaha. The kit was worth the money. GL with the sale when you or if you do it. Quality..
Attached Thumbnails Got the G35 Sport Paddle shifters installed-2452882_202_full.jpg   Got the G35 Sport Paddle shifters installed-2452882_203_full.jpg  
Old 03-28-2008, 08:46 PM
Lawy'dU

didn't you have these done quite a while ago? I guess it's really time to start advertising these things. I wish Zack the best of luck. Great dude, and sick little kit.
Old 03-28-2008, 08:48 PM
Firedawg63nla

Originally Posted by Lawy'dU
didn't you have these done quite a while ago? I guess it's really time to start advertising these things. I wish Zack the best of luck. Great dude, and sick little kit.
Look at my posts and interior pics in my other threads. I don't see these installed. I actually got them in yesterday. I have been waiting on fab parts.

note the date of the post. Your assumption that I'm just promoting these are a rush to judgement.
https://my350z.com/forum/showpost.ph...3&postcount=71

You know Zack is a friend and I give credit to whoever helps me. I shared this because I'm just really happy and already can't wait to drive the car again. It really does make a difference..Like all my mods I have had this planned for months. The R&D was a PITA..I just wanted to share the story and what was involved.

Last edited by Firedawg63nla; 03-28-2008 at 09:03 PM.
Old 03-29-2008, 05:20 AM
Twinturbo2800

do they shift faster or anything? or just the same as before with the stock shifter ?
Old 03-29-2008, 06:42 AM
Firedawg63nla

Feels better and a bit faster. Comfort and fast response is from my hands not having to leave the wheel.
Old 03-29-2008, 06:55 AM
bhendjol
achoooooo

so, youre trying to initiate a group buy? And it's a bolt-on for 05?
show me more pics, please. How difficult it is to install?
Old 03-29-2008, 08:08 AM
surfquikslver

thats sweet.
Old 03-29-2008, 03:20 PM
booger

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

This may be a dumb ?....but do you lose any of the radio or cruise functions that are on the wheel with a 03 G35 ?
Old 03-30-2008, 07:54 PM
Firedawg63nla

Originally Posted by bhendjol
so, youre trying to initiate a group buy? And it's a bolt-on for 05?
show me more pics, please. How difficult it is to install?
No group buy started by me. I just wanted everyone to have Zack's comments so I didn't have to answer a lot of questions

No the radio functions are fine I don't even have any stock stereo system left in the car.

I just got back from a 600+mile round trip(from LA to Oakland)ar through traffic was great The response and at the fingertips was awesome.