Notices
G35/G37 General discussion and news for Infiniti's G or for full Forums check out MyG37.com or G35Driver.com

My 1sr experience driving the g35coupe (z owner)

Search this Thread

Old 02-04-2004, 07:24 PM
Tailspinz
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default My 1sr experience driving the g35coupe (z owner)

Hey guys.. some of u may already know that i am a Z owner and I have to get rid of my z becuase my wife is expeceting... i have had the Z for 1 year and 3 months now and i freekin love the car ... i put a pop charger and borla exhaust i baught ADR-M sport rims for it and now i have to get rid of it... so i thaught to myself what is the closest car out there to the Z with back seats and obviously the g35coupe was the choice... plus i cam add all my mods.. borlz ehaust , pop charger use my rims.. so i orderd one the dealer didn't have one for me to test drive tho.. i orderd Black on Black Navigation System , and i asked to add the spoiler which is a 850$ option.. i got a auto . Anyways i have had this concern that i was afraid i was going to get the g35 coupe and
be dissapointed with the power... i heard its a slug.. and that its not nearly as fast as the z.. blah blah .. well tonight i was able to test drive a freind of a freinds G35coupe.. my buddy new i orderd it and was all nervouse and his co -worker has one so he got it for the day from the guy.. lol and i test drove it... this is what i thaught.... wow so much more room! I loved the interior .. very classy ... love the tail lights. Now its not as quick as my z that is for sure! but it still moves... much more comfortable ride not as bouncy... much quiter than the z than again i have a borla exhaust which is louder than stock.. all in all i was impressed and i am looking forward to getting my g35 coupe! I will add my exhaust to it and pop charger and gte a z- tube and hopefully that wil make up for the loss power!
Old 02-05-2004, 03:35 AM
03ZUC

I knew you would like it....Jreed
Old 02-05-2004, 04:18 AM
BillR

My G w/ AT has NEVER lost a race to a Z. I wouldn't say they are slower at all.
Probably more of a drivers race than differences in the car.
Old 02-05-2004, 05:31 AM
kjbalto

Exactly what you said about the driver's race. I've raced a Z three different times and we were head to head. The Z has 7more hp, you can't notice a difference in that. Good luck with your new G. I own a G35 coupe now and I love it. Not to knock the Z, because I do like the car a lot, but my first impression of it was that it was very cheap inside. But everybody has their own opinion. Again, good luck and nice choice!
Old 02-05-2004, 07:09 AM
Tailspinz
Banned

Thanks for your feedback... I will say this and telle me if u agree.
You can be going the exact same speed in both cars and for some reason if u are in the Z it feels fatser.. WE rolled from 40mph 1st for like 10 seconds and the g35coupe felt soo smooth and didn't feel like i was really moving.. when we switched back and i drove back home i stayed at 40mph for abit and i was like hmmmm becuase the suspension and engine noice /exhaust is louder it honestly makes u feel like you are going fatser,,, maybe that is jsut weird but that it was i noticed..lol
Old 02-05-2004, 07:49 AM
themyst

I swapped cars with my coworker a few times... he has a touring 6MT and I have a G35 Coupe 6MT. Drawing comparisons, the Z has a lot more engine noise, the exhaust note is a bit softer on the Z than the G... suspension is definitely softer on the G. I'd say the G would make a better daily driver, the Z would make a better weekend car. Either way, you can't lose. For what it's worth, I prefer the G.
Old 02-05-2004, 07:51 AM
themyst

Originally posted by kjbalto
Exactly what you said about the driver's race. I've raced a Z three different times and we were head to head. The Z has 7more hp, you can't notice a difference in that. Good luck with your new G. I own a G35 coupe now and I love it. Not to knock the Z, because I do like the car a lot, but my first impression of it was that it was very cheap inside. But everybody has their own opinion. Again, good luck and nice choice!
Unfortunately the G also weighs 200 lbs more. I agree with you though, its def. a drivers race.
Old 02-05-2004, 09:41 AM
Philthy
Boost Junkie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

The difference is only a tenth (or two) of a second... Totally up to who's the better driver...

I'm sure there maybe a perception that you're going faster in a Z, but the reality is you're not.
Old 02-05-2004, 10:11 AM
deanG35c6

I will add my exhaust to it and pop charger and gte a z- tube and hopefully that wil make up for the loss power!
You'll only have to make up 7hp according to Nissan. I think the Zs quicker only because it's 200 lbs lighter. That would explain the 2/10th seconds difference. 1/10th second for every 100 lbs is what I heard.
Old 02-05-2004, 05:18 PM
Tigerstylez

like they said...

weight weight weight is the only difference...at least IMO
Old 02-07-2004, 04:44 PM
E.F. VaBeach

NAH - It's more than just weight that's the difference - it's style, feel and senses.

The G35 is a great young family sport coup - it's a "gotta put the new baby in the back, carry groceries and please mama because it has a rear seat area" compromise. Granted, the best compromise out there, but it's still not a two seat sports car - it's a four seat coup that insulates you very well from the visceral feel of driving in the open.

If I could only have one car and had to get permission from mama to have it - I'd have a G35.

But I don't, and the 350Z roadster steps way beyond the G35 compromise - it puts you and the machine in the wind together.
Old 02-07-2004, 05:56 PM
Tigerstylez

you are talking roadster vs g35 now and no you cannot compare those two at all...

but personally, being a g35 coupe owner...with no kids and no mother to answer to.....I would never by a 350z over a g35coupe...but i guess that is why they make both....if people liked one thing they would only need one car maker....