Notices
G35/G37 General discussion and news for Infiniti's G or for full Forums check out MyG37.com or G35Driver.com

New owner -- Got a P1774 code for the trans

Search this Thread

Old 04-05-2016, 04:16 PM
Gearheadvr4

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default New owner -- Got a P1774 code for the trans

Had my first major issue. What I thought was a relatively trouble free car does have a trans issue. Got a P1774 code for the trans. LOW COAST BRAKE SOLENOID VALVE FUNCTION. When coasting at around 55 to 60 mph the trans slipped and seemed to downshift suddenly and the RPM spiked very high. Thankfully I was pretty quick and shifted into neutral. The engine never shut off during this and ran fine. It would run fine and drive fine for a while then bam downshift and high RPM. This happened two more times before I could make it home. Also got a pending P0420 for powertrain which may or may not be related.

The G35 has a lot of miles with 180K. The car overall is still in good shape minus a couple of cosmetic things and of course the transmission. The engine checked out and runs great. I got an amazing deal on it, hard to pass up.

Some other things that do need worked on is the drivers seat and the front bumper. The front bumper is barely hanging on. It seems the only thing holding it on are the screws on the top behind the radiator. Everything underneath is missing. No engine splash guard attached to the bumper, no fender liner, ect. Does anyone have part numbers for everything that holds the bumper on?

The drivers seat is worn and has some tears. I got a quote to get it repaired and it was a sticker shock. Not sure what my options will be there. Coming from a 3000t VR4 those guys can get complete replacement leather and just recover them. I haven't found that option for the G35. I'm guessing maybe because of the perforated leather for the heater?

Surprisingly everything else works. Windows, stereo, cd, cruise, AC, ect. Haven't found anything at all that needs attention. It doesn't seem like a 180k car.

Any help you guys can give would be great!
Old 04-06-2016, 04:16 AM
ntellegence

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Gearheadvr4
Had my first major issue. What I thought was a relatively trouble free car does have a trans issue. Got a P1774 code for the trans. LOW COAST BRAKE SOLENOID VALVE FUNCTION. When coasting at around 55 to 60 mph the trans slipped and seemed to downshift suddenly and the RPM spiked very high. Thankfully I was pretty quick and shifted into neutral. The engine never shut off during this and ran fine. It would run fine and drive fine for a while then bam downshift and high RPM. This happened two more times before I could make it home. Also got a pending P0420 for powertrain which may or may not be related.

The G35 has a lot of miles with 180K. The car overall is still in good shape minus a couple of cosmetic things and of course the transmission. The engine checked out and runs great. I got an amazing deal on it, hard to pass up.

Some other things that do need worked on is the drivers seat and the front bumper. The front bumper is barely hanging on. It seems the only thing holding it on are the screws on the top behind the radiator. Everything underneath is missing. No engine splash guard attached to the bumper, no fender liner, ect. Does anyone have part numbers for everything that holds the bumper on?

The drivers seat is worn and has some tears. I got a quote to get it repaired and it was a sticker shock. Not sure what my options will be there. Coming from a 3000t VR4 those guys can get complete replacement leather and just recover them. I haven't found that option for the G35. I'm guessing maybe because of the perforated leather for the heater?

Surprisingly everything else works. Windows, stereo, cd, cruise, AC, ect. Haven't found anything at all that needs attention. It doesn't seem like a 180k car.

Any help you guys can give would be great!
More than likely you have to replace the valve body (unless you can find a spot to troubleshoot and fix the valve body. The tranny computer is attached to the valve body. This controls different solenoids that makes the car shift. The solenoid could be bad or anywhere in that circut. Now your talking about soldering. That's why most just replace.) I have a 07 g35x. Just bought a valve body last week. Rwd is a little less. Now take a deep breath. The dealer in NYC had it for $1400.00+. Plus once installed it has to be programmed by the dealer. I found it for $900.00+ on orderinfinitiparts.com. Lowest price I searched. If you use the site and it doesn't take your payment send a message thru the website and someone will get back to you. It's a Infiniti dealer in NC.
Old 04-07-2016, 01:12 PM
Gearheadvr4

At 180k on the trans, i'd rather just replace the whole transmission. Roughly the same cost it seems.
Old 04-07-2016, 01:28 PM
Gearheadvr4

are the 350z trans for 05 the same exact as the g35?
Old 04-08-2016, 02:52 AM
Gearheadvr4

I cannot find any info at all that says they are. Every place I called showed only the G35 trans for 05. Normally if you call a salvage or other parts dealer they will say this part fits your vehicle and is compatible with ect ect. The listings in their computers could be wrong. Maybe since the g35 is longer the trans is slightly longer?

I'm with you guys, it should be the same but I don't want to spend the money and time until I can find something 100% that says so.
Old 05-01-2016, 01:54 PM
Gearheadvr4

Default 07 350z auto trans into 05 G35... Will it work?

I know that I may need to flash the TCM, but are there any other issue I could run into where this won't work?

The build date for the car is Aug 05 on the G35.