Notices
G35/G37 General discussion and news for Infiniti's G or for full Forums check out MyG37.com or G35Driver.com

Can a g35c take a rsx-s ? plus i dont find g35c fats compared to my Z

Search this Thread

Old 02-19-2004, 09:14 PM
bg35coupe

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: Can a g35c take a rsx-s ? plus i dont find g35c fats compared to my Z

Originally posted by Tailspinz
I have a auto g35coupe with borla exhaust my good freind has a 6sp rsx-s says it's fatser i killed him with my 350z 2 months ago .. can i still take him with a g35coupe i'll be honest with you guys... i only have 150 miles on my car just got it 4 days ago and added my exhaust same day.. but I really really don't feel tha tthe car is quick? i keep reading that it's alomosty as quick as the Z .. nooo way in helll My z was fassst.. i had borla exhaust and pop charger i havent added my pop charger on my g35c yet i am waiting for heat shield .. anyways let me know if anyone raced as rsx-s type and what outcome was.
Thanks.. ( i hope its not so quick becuase it brand new)
your g gonna be way slower than 350z (6spd) why in the hell bought auto g35c if you were going to race?
Old 02-21-2004, 04:33 AM
zeroday

Originally posted by 35oZephyR
I completely resent the rational that most people buy Z's because it's more affordable and they wished they had a G.

That's total B.S. because the cars are marginally the same in price when comparing the right trims. Most of these Z drivers would have bought a G35c if they wanted it.

Two different styles for different folks. Should I say the G35c folks didn't go with the Fx45 because they couldn't afford it? I know that's a drastic comparison but it's as ridiculous as the Z over G35c theory.
tottally agree with you here. i keep reading that BS too. i bought my Z right after they came out and paid 39k OTD which was about MSRP for my touring Z. i drove a g35 and liked it, but i preferred the Z...money was not the issue at all. its funny to me when people say the Z is cheaper than the g35....like options are irrelevant and base price is all that matters.
Old 02-27-2004, 01:38 PM
ChWMeiNThG

fact : Z is not cheaper compare to g35c but most of 350z on the street are cheaper!!!!
i only saw two track 350z. you gotta agree with me man!! we don't see a lot of track 350z out on the street maybe that's why peeps often think 350z are cheaper than g35c but it is not.
if you compare with full option g35c and 350z g35c is little more expensive like 300 bils or something.
Old 02-29-2004, 02:27 AM
G35MiXeD
Banned

1st of all to bg35coupe, "g gonna be way slower than 350z" <~ are u stupid? a good driver in g and 350z can give it a good run, it's not "WAY SLOWER"

and to ChWMeiNThG wtf is "300 bils" speak correct english eh?
Old 02-29-2004, 02:29 AM
G35MiXeD
Banned

not being disrespectful but just know what you are talknig about b4 u talk
Old 02-29-2004, 10:42 AM
Altihaulic

Default Re: Re: Can a g35c take a rsx-s ? plus i dont find g35c fats compared to my Z

Originally posted by bg35coupe
your g gonna be way slower than 350z (6spd) why in the hell bought auto g35c if you were going to race?
i believe you are incorrect. i have ran many 350z's and each race has been neck and neck. G35 is just a 4-seater Z.
Old 03-05-2004, 08:18 PM
zeroday

Default Re: Re: Re: Can a g35c take a rsx-s ? plus i dont find g35c fats compared to my Z

Originally posted by Altihaulic
i believe you are incorrect. i have ran many 350z's and each race has been neck and neck. G35 is just a 4-seater Z.
a g35 is a 4 seater z? lol you need to do some more research. there are many many differences.
Old 03-07-2004, 04:57 AM
booger

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

First of all...you said you only have 400 miles on the car. If you are still breaking it in , you havent went WOT on the g35 yet. When you do you will feel that the car is almost just as good as the Z. Its heavier . So its not going to do 1/4 as fast. Its quieter,smoother, nicer interior,
Old 03-07-2004, 09:19 AM
zeroday

Originally posted by booger
Its quieter,smoother, nicer interior,
'nicer' when refering to an interior is subjective...for example im not a fan of the infiniti analog clock(seems out of place IMO) and the feaux metal dash. just doesn't feel sporty to me. agreed on smoother/quieter.
Old 03-07-2004, 12:13 PM
booger

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally posted by zeroday
'nicer' when refering to an interior is subjective...for example im not a fan of the infiniti analog clock(seems out of place IMO) and the feaux metal dash. just doesn't feel sporty to me. agreed on smoother/quieter.
I dont have a feaux metal dash on my G....mines all black....and the clock.....I like it...to each his own
Old 03-07-2004, 01:21 PM

well I luv z - have z - but honestly - G35 is way more car for the money. For 32k you get nicely equipped g35, leather inside, Bose, brembo, and g alloys (which to me are better then the stock Z wheels)...

One thing that I can put aganist Z is the lack of room. You defiantly need to own another car or van just for hauling stuff.. But sure as hell, Z feels and sounds faster - and that is the thing we like about them. Even today I have a hard time deciding should i trade Z for G. That room problem is getting to me.
Old 03-07-2004, 01:28 PM

Default suggestion

Originally posted by booger
I don’t have a feaux metal dash on my G....mines all black....and the clock.....I like it...to each his own
'

i kind of dig the clock myself although some of the Z gauges should find its way to G..

If I was designer of G - i would have made all the gauges look like old sport car gauges. Kind of plain, but yet not so. Something like older Masserati or Lambo...

I don't know why you guys argue over what car is better. They are both very good.
Old 03-07-2004, 02:11 PM
Altihaulic

Default Re: Re: Re: Re: Can a g35c take a rsx-s ? plus i dont find g35c fats compared to my Z

a g35 is a 4 seater z? lol you need to do some more research. there are many many differences.
lol, you need to do some more research.
Old 03-07-2004, 04:30 PM
NoExcuses

Default Re: Re: Re: Re: Can a g35c take a rsx-s ? plus i dont find g35c fats compared to my Z

Don't own either car yet. Kind of leaning towards the g-coupe but still not sure...will make up my mind by mid may when its time to purchase. But please tell me what the many differences are as I am interested in both cars right now.

1. The Z has a more sport tuned suspension giving it a little bit better handling along with a little harsher ride.

2. The Z is lighter by about 150-200lbs

3. The Z has about 7hp. I doubt there is really any difference in hp...but thats what nissan claims so I'll give the z the advantage there.

As far as performance goes...those are really the only differences I know about. If there are more, please let me know as it may affect my decision.
Old 03-07-2004, 04:53 PM

that sport suspension is giving it threading problems!

custom suspension - go go go
Old 03-08-2004, 05:42 AM
zeroday

Default Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Can a g35c take a rsx-s ? plus i dont find g35c fats compared to my Z

Originally posted by Altihaulic
lol, you need to do some more research.

do i?

1. different chassis, the G has a longer wheelbase
2. different suspension, z's is firmer
3. completely different interior, z's is sport oriented, g35 is luxo oriented
4. different driveshaft, z's is made of carbon fiber
5. different intake, the z's is less restrictive
6. different stereo setup, the g35's radio is not easily swapped out for aftermarket due to it's integrated design.
7. g35 has dual zone climate control, z does not.
8. g35 has seat memory, z does not
9. z has a digital tire pressure monitoring system, g35 does not
10. g35 has auto on/off headlamps, z does not
11. z has a front strut bar, g does not
12. stock tires are different
13. seats are different

i could go on and on and on...diff door handles, headlights, sheet metal, mirrors, shifter, guages, etc etc etc

the engine/tranny is the same, and the VDC& STC system is the same..and maybe the brakes are the same..... but saying the g35 is a 4 door z with more luxury is just a completely false statement. i don't have the time to get into this even deeper but it seems to me maybe some people were lied to by their car salesman.

please dont mistake this for a my car vs your car, im just trying to debunk some myths floating around here...
Old 03-08-2004, 06:32 AM
Fear Night

When I went car shopping I narrowed it down to the G35C and 350z. The Infiniti dealership kept trying to tell me the G35C is the EXACT same car as the Z just with a backseat. I knew this was utter ******** by comparing the specs and features. Their using this to trick people into believing their just getting a 2+2 Z. Not to mention Infiniti came 1% off sticker where as Nissan came 12% off sticker after a little negotiation. I'm very happy with my Z and I will never regret not buying the G. Great car though ... luxury wasnt a big priority for me.
Old 03-08-2004, 06:47 AM
Altihaulic

I don't mean to hyjack this thread, but i am not going to fight w/ you.

But most of the things you listed are just visual diff, which is common sense. why would the g and z share the same interior, lol.

There the same basic car, one is for more sportyness and the other for luxury. Where did i say exact same car.

- both cars share the same chassis, (g's is just stretched).
- both share the same basic suspension setup. z has diff. struts and springs.
- both share the same engine and trans.
- who really cares about a cf drive shaft, please.
- who cares about the technical stuff that can be changed.
ex/ like the intake

The only things that actually matter on the 350z that is diff. from the g, it has a sport tuned ecu, stiffer suspension. And thats about it.

You just listed a bunch of cosmetic stuff that doesn't really matter.
ex/ "they don't share the same sheet metal,"no crap, thanks for clearing that up for me.

btw, I believe in Car and Drivers review they said that the G is a 4 door 350z, word for word, if i am not mistaken.

oh wait i bet your mad because you got beat by a G and you hate them all. lol

i bet you would freak out if i told you your car shares the same platform as the FX series.

to each their own.

seriously this thread is pointless....pz...

Last edited by Altihaulic; 03-08-2004 at 06:57 AM.
Old 03-08-2004, 07:10 AM
Dissident

I love it when people act like Bose and Leather are good things; I want neither, thank you. For those people, the Z is way cheaper and a steal (as you can get an enthusiast for quite a bit cheaper).

BUT, if you need a back seat, and like all the luxury (you wusses! j/k ), the G35 is a good deal, especially with a longer warranty. It IS a 2+2 Z for all intents and purposes. Same chassis (yes, it is extended, but it is still the FM nissan platform), and same engine/tranny.'

Half the difference you are citing between the two can be said about different 350 trim models The difference in weight is about the difference in having a passenger or not, and I can assure you, the who the person sitting in the drivers seat is makes much difference than if there is someone next to him or not.

Stupid topic to debate, IMO. They are both great cars, and I'd be damn happy with either one. But debating which is better is even dumber than debating if the Z or RX8 or EVO or SUV or whatever is better. Lame...
Old 03-08-2004, 07:40 AM
Altihaulic

Originally posted by Dissident
I love it when people act like Bose and Leather are good things; I want neither, thank you. For those people, the Z is way cheaper and a steal (as you can get an enthusiast for quite a bit cheaper).

BUT, if you need a back seat, and like all the luxury (you wusses! j/k ), the G35 is a good deal, especially with a longer warranty. It IS a 2+2 Z for all intents and purposes. Same chassis (yes, it is extended, but it is still the FM nissan platform), and same engine/tranny.'

Half the difference you are citing between the two can be said about different 350 trim models The difference in weight is about the difference in having a passenger or not, and I can assure you, the who the person sitting in the drivers seat is makes much difference than if there is someone next to him or not.

Stupid topic to debate, IMO. They are both great cars, and I'd be damn happy with either one. But debating which is better is even dumber than debating if the Z or RX8 or EVO or SUV or whatever is better. Lame...
i agree, i just wanted to set it straight. pz

Quick Reply: Can a g35c take a rsx-s ? plus i dont find g35c fats compared to my Z