Notices
G35/G37 General discussion and news for Infiniti's G or for full Forums check out MyG37.com or G35Driver.com

Can a g35c take a rsx-s ? plus i dont find g35c fats compared to my Z

Search this Thread

Old 03-15-2004, 02:53 PM
tdukeman

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Talking

Originally posted by bhk1004
hmmmz.... I drive a 350z auto and I havent had any problems with any g35s.... no mods or anything... but im guessing a person that can drive a manual properly can hand a g35c all day and nite. I mean people buy cars for different reasons but truthfully I doubt people buy 350z's cause they cant afford a g35... its almost exactly the same price. just cause a bone stock one starts at 27 just means people want it so they can waste the money on mods. Anyways u should hand a stock rsx-s its axx all day and nite though so dont worry 2 much. if anything ull start 2 kill it as u get in higher speeds.
agree I just bought the 350Z Touring Model last week. Two reasons why I bought it over the G35:
1. The people at Infiniti looked at me and assumed that I wasn't the right caliber I assume and were rather rude. I'm not a kid, nor am I guy going through a mid life crisis. Just a 28 year engineer would could care less about people with staunchy attitudes.

2. The Z seemed WAY sportier and it does have just a few more HP, which is what I was going for.

Sure I could have bought the G35 but I wasn't me..The wife bitches, but I just bought her a 2003 F150 with a lift kit and big *** tires, so she couldn't say a damn word.

Cheers
Old 03-15-2004, 02:58 PM
tdukeman

Originally posted by NoExcuses
was your z an auto or stick? I still have not purchased either car yet. I'm still trying to decide on which one I really want. The speed has nothing to do with it. because the z is only marginally faster. Maybe it feels faster to you because of the differences in the suspension. Right now I'm kind of leaning towards the g35 simply because of the 2 extra seats (as small as they are). In a perfect world the g35 would not be so much heavier...I understand its got 2 more seats...but its even heavier than the g35 sedan (which isn't much heavier than the z).
At first I was considering the seats in the back though small would have been great for the little one... but as I thought I seem to recall when I owned my Chrysler Sebring, she sat in the back and threw up every time....Needless to say....I'm not buying a mobile vomit bag. so though she can't see over the dash, I've not had the pleasure of watching her blow projectile vomit on my windshield.
Old 03-15-2004, 04:14 PM
Dissident

I puked the last time I sat in the FRONT of a sebring. j/k
Old 03-15-2004, 10:32 PM
35oZephyR

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally posted by tdukeman
agree I just bought the 350Z Touring Model last week. Two reasons why I bought it over the G35:
1. The people at Infiniti looked at me and assumed that I wasn't the right caliber I assume and were rather rude. I'm not a kid, nor am I guy going through a mid life crisis. Just a 28 year engineer would could care less about people with staunchy attitudes.

2. The Z seemed WAY sportier and it does have just a few more HP, which is what I was going for.

Sure I could have bought the G35 but I wasn't me..The wife bitches, but I just bought her a 2003 F150 with a lift kit and big *** tires, so she couldn't say a damn word.

Cheers
Hey Tdukeman...did you go to Discover Infiniti on Convoy??

My buddies and I went to test drive the G35c there before I got my Z and after some hesitation they let my buddy get behind the wheel. I was fed up with them treating us as transparent bystanders so I passed on test driving the G.

My buddy really liked the G but he said he wasn't "impressed" because the dealer was being a jerk. The dealer then had the nerve to ask what mods were in my friend's A4 that we rolled up in. My friend politely listed his mods and the dealer cuts him off with "That's not impressive either"

I thought it was funny but kinda rude on a salesman's part...oh well!
Old 03-17-2004, 10:12 AM
Altihaulic

dude some salesmen are just Arseholes.

Last edited by Altihaulic; 03-17-2004 at 10:18 AM.
Old 03-17-2004, 10:20 AM
tdukeman

Originally posted by 35oZephyR
Hey Tdukeman...did you go to Discover Infiniti on Convoy??

My buddies and I went to test drive the G35c there before I got my Z and after some hesitation they let my buddy get behind the wheel. I was fed up with them treating us as transparent bystanders so I passed on test driving the G.

My buddy really liked the G but he said he wasn't "impressed" because the dealer was being a jerk. The dealer then had the nerve to ask what mods were in my friend's A4 that we rolled up in. My friend politely listed his mods and the dealer cuts him off with "That's not impressive either"

I thought it was funny but kinda rude on a salesman's part...oh well!
we just bought a house in San Marcos, so I went to the dealership in Escondido right off the 15. Gee just becuase I'm not 45 and wear khackies I must not make enough money...Well f!@#$ them I probably make more than a large majority of those pompous asses. And it's all due to hard work. Mommy and Daddy always said if you want it, get it your own damn self

So I went to Nissan directly have that and purchased the 04 Touring Daytona Blue...my feelings towards this car are ALL positive. I loved my 02" IS300 it doesn't hold a candle to this.

Last edited by tdukeman; 03-17-2004 at 10:26 AM.
Old 03-19-2004, 06:40 AM
qirex

yeah the guys at discove infiniti are kinda dicks.

However, when we went to get my wife's fx35/tech we had a female salesperson. She saw us pull up in my Z. SHe said "nice ca". She proceeded to letme drive the SNOT out of a M45.

She was actually pretty cool - but her manager was a *dick*. He wouldnt come down on the price $500. As you guys know the tech package on the fx is $10K but *All* we wanted was thenav - they dont let you break up the package.

ANyhow, we went to Hoehn in carlsbad/escondido and got the car there for $400 OVERinvoice. Great deal IMO.

Look up Dee Ancrum at Hoehn. He's on the FA boards. Great guy - and very knowledgeable about the cars and how savvy we internet car forum guys are. "I've got nothing to hide - you guys already know everything" he says.
Old 03-19-2004, 06:45 AM
tdukeman

Originally posted by qirex
yeah the guys at discove infiniti are kinda dicks.

However, when we went to get my wife's fx35/tech we had a female salesperson. She saw us pull up in my Z. SHe said "nice ca". She proceeded to letme drive the SNOT out of a M45.

She was actually pretty cool - but her manager was a *dick*. He wouldnt come down on the price $500. As you guys know the tech package on the fx is $10K but *All* we wanted was thenav - they dont let you break up the package.

ANyhow, we went to Hoehn in carlsbad/escondido and got the car there for $400 OVERinvoice. Great deal IMO.

Look up Dee Ancrum at Hoehn. He's on the FA boards. Great guy - and very knowledgeable about the cars and how savvy we internet car forum guys are. "I've got nothing to hide - you guys already know everything" he says.
You would think that they would be trying to be a little more accomodating. i don't care if they are salary or commision I can't imagine that it looks good for them, when they lose sales because they have their head shoved so far up their **** they can't breathe common sense.
Old 03-19-2004, 07:09 AM
tdukeman

Originally posted by tdukeman
You would think that they would be trying to be a little more accomodating. i don't care if they are salary or commision I can't imagine that it looks good for them, when they lose sales because they have their head shoved so far up their **** they can't breathe common sense.
P.S. this is the email I sent them

Dear Infiniti Sales People,
My wife and I went down to your showroom about a week and half ago. We were very put off by how your sales people acted, and thus lost a sale. I understand that Infiniti is a "high quality" car, but you shouldn't judge those by how they dress. I came in wearing a Denver Broncos ball cap, and a running suit. I guess because I'm 28 and not 45 that the sales person assumed that perhaps I couldn't afford a G35c. I stated that I was interested in looking at one, rather than giving me any information and trying to determine my wants and needs he coldly stated " there's one on the floor that's unlocked you can look at." What kind of crap is that?! You're there to sell and not judge. I've spoken to quite a number of people both friends and colleagues who have experienced the same staunchy deminor…..Hhhmmm maybe if the sales crew was a little bit more welcoming and a little less snobby they'd make more sales. I don't know whether sales is commisioned or salary, but if they are salary, perhaps putting them on commision would teach them to treat people with some good common respect.

Because of the way we were treated, we immediately went down the street to Mossy Nissan and a nice gentleman by the name of Lorenzo approached me and gave me the scoop on the 350Z. Not only did they provide me with all the information I needed they went out of their way to make a sale easy and painlesss. They never once gave me the run around, were deceptive, or misrepresenting, but rather very open, courteous, and completely professional. Well to make a long story short. I no longer have my Lexus, and now drive a 04 Daytona Blue Touring Model. Perhaps if you sent some of your staff down there for field trip to learn how to sell, your sales ratings might improve over what they currently are.

Better luck next time
Old 03-19-2004, 11:26 AM
35oZephyR

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Oh sh*t nice!!

That was written very well...a nice courteous kick to the nuts if you ask me!

Reading your letter reminded me of another Discovery Infiniti experience my parents had about a half decade or so ago when those "luxury retrofitted pathfinders" (I forget what they're called) came out. I think they're called Qx4??? We owned the M30 which was Infiniti's first coupe...so we weren't that new to Nissan's new branch.

Anyhow, my folks are laid back and very casual. They don't speak english too well ..actually they do...but I had to interpret some technical mumbo jumbo the dealers were trying to swing my folks way to impress them. Well the dealer that was taking us out in the SUV was treating my folks like crap. He marked it up like no other and tried to justify it with his theory of supply and demand..yadda yadda yadda...using my folks lack of english to his advantage.

Well...my folks had such a bad experience dealing that they haven't looked into any Japanese luxury vehicles since! They've purchased Germans and Domestics only in the past few years.

It's sad how one Discover Infiniti dealer warped their perspective on a whole automobile market! But my Z's helping them recover their interest in Japanese automobiles again...they're considering another Nissan now!

Great letter though! G'luck with your Z.

Last edited by 35oZephyR; 03-19-2004 at 11:32 AM.
Old 03-20-2004, 07:29 AM
qirex

damn lots of us socal'ers in here espec san diego.
I have to say that to discovery's credit - I rolled in there with painter shorts and a tee-shirt. On top of that I'm black. Well I guess that since there's like 5 brothers in san diego - the saleslady thought I *must* have been a rap/football star haha.

Either way, I really dont give a hoot. When I go buy a new car - I get the invoice pice and show up n the second to last day of the month. I treat the salespeople like the crap that *some* of them are and we work from there.

Hell, when I bought the Z i walked in thee and said - "ho wants to sell me a Z today"?
Pretty funny watching these fools trip over each other. Not Dee though, he's a really good guy - when the GTR comes pout (if its an infiniti) I'm going to see him at hoehn.
Old 03-23-2004, 12:25 PM
BRZ33
Banned

Z owners who want a G35 coupe but cant afford one??? Thats BS, my Z was 34,000.00 and I bought my Z because I wanted it, not because it is cheaper than the G35 coupe. If anything the G35 coupe is only a couple of hundered more than the Z Touring model and Track and thats basically because the G35 coupe has back seats, back seats equal more leather, more leather equals more $. Why do G35 owners feel superior over Z owners?? Stupidness? Ignorant? I believe so.

Originally posted by o snap its eric
tailspinz, im sorry but i have to break it to you. THis car is heavier and a biut slower than the Z. All your threads have been saying is bashong on the G and how it is way slower than you Z. Well DUH! The Z is a race car like car while the G is more refined. I mean if you compare motor to motor its 99% identical. And the G is 200lb heavier. except a your 1/4mi time a little slower but not as slow. I smoked a rsx-s by at least half a car.

I think its about time you realize you drive a more refined car with just about the same power as the Z but its more heavier. STOP complaining. There are so many people out there who would kill for a car what you have. I knew some Z owners who wants one but cant afford one.

Now lets enjoy this car and accept it for its weight and its slower 1/4 times.
Old 03-23-2004, 12:54 PM
WashUJon

n/m

posting problems

Last edited by WashUJon; 03-23-2004 at 12:57 PM.