Notices
G35/G37 General discussion and news for Infiniti's G or for full Forums check out MyG37.com or G35Driver.com

Can a g35c take a rsx-s ? plus i dont find g35c fats compared to my Z

Search this Thread

Old 03-08-2004, 08:43 AM
zeroday

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally posted by Altihaulic
I don't mean to hyjack this thread, but i am not going to fight w/ you.

But most of the things you listed are just visual diff, which is common sense. why would the g and z share the same interior, lol.

There the same basic car, one is for more sportyness and the other for luxury. Where did i say exact same car.

- both cars share the same chassis, (g's is just stretched).
- both share the same basic suspension setup. z has diff. struts and springs.
- both share the same engine and trans.
- who really cares about a cf drive shaft, please.
- who cares about the technical stuff that can be changed.
ex/ like the intake

The only things that actually matter on the 350z that is diff. from the g, it has a sport tuned ecu, stiffer suspension. And thats about it.

You just listed a bunch of cosmetic stuff that doesn't really matter.
ex/ "they don't share the same sheet metal,"no crap, thanks for clearing that up for me.

btw, I believe in Car and Drivers review they said that the G is a 4 door 350z, word for word, if i am not mistaken.

oh wait i bet your mad because you got beat by a G and you hate them all. lol

i bet you would freak out if i told you your car shares the same platform as the FX series.

to each their own.

seriously this thread is pointless....pz...
well if car and driver said it it must be true LOL. and i guess the weight savings of a cf drive shaft is worthless, suspension is cosmetic, and chassis is the same even though the g's is longer. look, believe what you want. whatever makes you happy. differences are differences and there are many between the two cars. i can see from your last post that you plan on turning this into a juvenile pissing contest when all i'm pointing out is that beyond engine/tranny the two cars are very different. have a nice day
Old 03-08-2004, 08:47 AM
zeroday

Default Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Can a g35c take a rsx-s ? plus i dont find g35c fats compared to my Z

Originally posted by zeroday

please dont mistake this for a my car vs your car, im just trying to debunk some myths floating around here...
^^maybe some missed my earlier comment?
Old 03-08-2004, 09:30 AM
infidsg35

The cars are diffrent. But as far as performance.

The CF driveshaft is nice but not that big a deal.
Suspention is also nice but I saw that the G outcornored the Z.
The chasis is the ONLY thing that is better bacause it is lighter.

Everything can be changed such as suspention, intake, driveshaft but as I said the ONLY thing us G's cant get back is the 150 LBS from the chasis..

They are diffrent cars in looks but performance nope I dont agree!
Old 03-08-2004, 09:59 AM
zeroday

stock vs. stock comparison, not talking about better/worse. DIFFERENCES. what is it with you people.
Old 03-08-2004, 10:28 AM
Dissident

Okay, so what is your definition of the same car? Is a 300ZX NA and a TT the same car? They have less in common, with the exception of looks, than a 350z and a g35. what "myth"are you trying to debunk? The differences are small enough that most people like both cars, and the performance difference is small enough that given a contest of speed, the driver would make a bigger difference than the car, and the differences between one driver and the two cars would still be pretty darn small.
Old 03-08-2004, 10:58 AM
zeroday

Originally posted by Dissident
Okay, so what is your definition of the same car? Is a 300ZX NA and a TT the same car? They have less in common, with the exception of looks, than a 350z and a g35. what "myth"are you trying to debunk? The differences are small enough that most people like both cars, and the performance difference is small enough that given a contest of speed, the driver would make a bigger difference than the car, and the differences between one driver and the two cars would still be pretty darn small.

the myth that a g35 is the same car as a Z, save the sheet metal/interior. there are many many differences, but as you point out, its a subjective question and everyone has their own idea about what differentiates cars so one could conclusively classify it as a different entity. people here seem to be getting really defensive about their G35's . I didn't ask what makes a g35 better than the Z, or vice versa. my only point was when someone makes a comment like 'the g is a 4 seater z' it is sending a message that is not really accurate and could taint someone's buying decisions. Maybe we should deal with specifics rather than such generalizations? either way, people here need to relax...its just a car, no need to get bent out of shape.
Old 03-08-2004, 12:27 PM
infidsg35

This is dumb. People have there opinions and you know what they say about opinions You know what your right the G is not a sports car. The Z is the ultimate sports car and will beat the G in a race by at least 10 car lenths! That 150 LBS extra make the G almost in the same catagory as the Hummer H2... So if you want a nice ride and a lil power get the G. If you want all out PERFORMANCE and agility then get the Z.. Now I guess people can make a wise choise in buying by reading my post. And if you take what im saying with you to the dealership then your just a plain arsss.. Lets kill this thread and start a new productive one..
Old 03-08-2004, 12:39 PM
zeroday

Originally posted by infidsg35
This is dumb. People have there opinions and you know what they say about opinions You know what your right the G is not a sports car. The Z is the ultimate sports car and will beat the G in a race by at least 10 car lenths! That 150 LBS extra make the G almost in the same catagory as the Hummer H2... So if you want a nice ride and a lil power get the G. If you want all out PERFORMANCE and agility then get the Z.. Now I guess people can make a wise choise in buying by reading my post. And if you take what im saying with you to the dealership then your just a plain arsss.. Lets kill this thread and start a new productive one..
i think maybe you should grow up.
Old 03-08-2004, 12:48 PM
zeroday

and you'll all be disappointed to know that i wont be posting in the g35 forum anymore. amazed at the immaturity i've encountered here. if you re-read my posts maybe you'll figure out that i wasn't attempting to 'diss yo ride and shi*'...

bye now.
Old 03-08-2004, 01:00 PM
infidsg35

Mission Accoplished!!!

Last edited by infidsg35; 03-08-2004 at 01:03 PM.
Old 03-08-2004, 02:21 PM

My god - I can't belive the length some ppl are willing to go to..

So are you going to sleep better knowing that there is more difference between Z and G than it apears?

They have the same engine, same trany, same chasis - width is the same..

You could say that Z is smaller version of Nissan Skyline.
Old 03-08-2004, 02:37 PM
Altihaulic

well if car and driver said it it must be true LOL. and i guess the weight savings of a cf drive shaft is worthless, suspension is cosmetic, and chassis is the same even though the g's is longer. look, believe what you want. whatever makes you happy. differences are differences and there are many between the two cars. i can see from your last post that you plan on turning this into a juvenile pissing contest when all i'm pointing out is that beyond engine/tranny the two cars are very different. have a nice day
you have made this into a juvenile pissing contest.
Old 03-08-2004, 03:54 PM
infidsg35

Thanx guys.. I knew I wasnt crazy.... He will be missed..
Old 03-11-2004, 10:01 AM
qirex

Originally posted by infidsg35
Thanx guys.. I knew I wasnt crazy.... He will be missed..
seems that the g35driver guys are a *little* more realistic (and mature)

linky...linky

http://g35driver.com/forums/showflat...sed&sb=5&part=
Old 03-11-2004, 11:26 PM
Splurt

I think u definately won't have a problem with a RSX-S. I honestly do believe that the G and the Z are right on par with each other. Hell, I've driven my uncle's OB g35c 5at, and it's still very fun and fast. Now if only I could convince him to get some mods as well
Old 03-12-2004, 09:38 AM
nighthawk350z

this got turned from rsx-s vs g to z vs. g... guys z and g are similar yes their are differences but hey we're all sharing a lot of similar things!! now to the rsx-s... they run 0-60 in 6.6 and 1/4 mile in 15.6. g35 6-speed runs around 5.4-5.5 and 5AT runs around 5.5-5.7. dont overestimate the rsx either. my friend has a modded type s w/ nitrous and it runs 14.0-14.1s consistently. he is a good driver and he has a fair share of mods (n/a tho) so u should have no problem taking out a type-s...nuff said
Old 03-12-2004, 11:22 AM
themyst

Default Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Can a g35c take a rsx-s ? plus i dont find g35c fats compared to my Z

do i?

1. different chassis, the G has a longer wheelbase
2. different suspension, z's is firmer
3. completely different interior, z's is sport oriented, g35 is luxo oriented
4. different driveshaft, z's is made of carbon fiber
5. different intake, the z's is less restrictive
6. different stereo setup, the g35's radio is not easily swapped out for aftermarket due to it's integrated design.
7. g35 has dual zone climate control, z does not.
8. g35 has seat memory, z does not
9. z has a digital tire pressure monitoring system, g35 does not
10. g35 has auto on/off headlamps, z does not
11. z has a front strut bar, g does not
12. stock tires are different
13. seats are different

the intake difference can be alleviated by getting the 350z intake tube, the g35 radio is simple to swap out, you just need to get the JDM center console. the 04 g35c's come with tire pressure monitors standard.

and to whoever posted that the Z handles better than the G, guess again. the G35c held .92 G's, the Z held .87. thats a relatively large difference. Now, if you were to compare the Track model 350z to the g35c 6mt... which car is better equipped for the same amount of money?
Old 03-12-2004, 01:30 PM
Mean Gene

Thumbs down Break-in Miles

Tail - I don't know about the rsx-s BUT I know that U don't have nearly enough miles on your car to get a real feel for the true performance of the VQ engine. I raced a Ford Lightning when i only had 700 miles on my G coupe & he caught me @ 70 mph & kept me 2-3 lengths behind until we s/d @ 125 mph. As I slowly piled up the miles ( a whopping 4500 in 6 months - hey, I don't drive it when it rains!! ) I could feel the car getting stronger. I've even had a chance for a rematch with the Lightning ( it's totally stock because I know the guy ) & I took him rather easily. Of course, my G's been modded pretty heavily N/A short of cams or some form of F/I but that's next - nitrous for the short term anyway. Others tell me that the VQ35's not really broken in until 8-10k miles so hopefully there's more to come! . FWIW - I've run several 4.8 - 4.9 0-60's with a best 1/4 mile of 13.0 @ 107 mph & that's in complete street trim & 1/2 tank of gas. With any luck I can get into the 12's N/A & MAYBE hit high-high 11's w/ nitrous. We'll see when the track opens up for good come racing season.
Old 03-13-2004, 05:47 AM
zeroday

Default Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Can a g35c take a rsx-s ? plus i dont find g35c fats compared to my Z

Originally posted by themyst
and to whoever posted that the Z handles better than the G, guess again. the G35c held .92 G's, the Z held .87. thats a relatively large difference.
stock tires on the g are much better than the Z. the test you are referring to used stock vehicles. also, in the best motoring videos from japan...z edged out the g quite a bit on the track so it's anyone's guess which is actually better. my final 2 cents.

Last edited by zeroday; 03-13-2004 at 05:52 AM.
Old 03-13-2004, 06:28 PM
jerrs350z

Default Re: Re: off topic

Originally posted by 35oZephyR
Get some good limo tint on your side windows and that's a good start there.

Then go rent Back to the Future III and watch the last part where Marty Mcfly is about to race his pick-up but decides not to and barely misses getting T-boned by a Rolls Royce.
My Z is definitely faster and handles better than the G35 I used to have. Both were AT and cost the same loaded. Can't say anything bad about either of these great cars! If you must go race a BMW with your G35, thats more fun.

Quick Reply: Can a g35c take a rsx-s ? plus i dont find g35c fats compared to my Z