Notices
G35/G37 General discussion and news for Infiniti's G or for full Forums check out MyG37.com or G35Driver.com

JWT Flywheel "Chatter" Question

Search this Thread

Old 04-04-2004, 01:28 AM
scz

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default JWT Flywheel "Chatter" Question

I saw on the performance nissan website that the JWT flywheel has chatter under 2500rpm's and it sounds like a cement mixer. Does anyone know from first hand experience if this sounds really stupid, not noticeable or if it is not that hard to just deal with. I am thinking of either getting a tilton flywheel or JWT but after hearing how non-streetable the tilton is in LA traffic I was aiming more towards the JWT. However, if it really does sound like a cement mixer at low rpm's i might have to search a little more.
Old 04-04-2004, 06:40 AM
chops

Default Re: JWT Flywheel "Chatter" Question

A buddy of mine has the Nismo lightweight flywheel and clutch, and he also has the chattering in the rpm range you mention.

I have driven the car and it does not bother me. You hear it when you are bogging the car so to speak, 4th or 5th gear and low rpms. It sounds like the heat shields on the cats are rattling.

The car is very street able, but the JWT is lighter than the Nismo, so it might be a little tougher on the start, but then you will be in shift heaven.
Old 04-04-2004, 03:50 PM
Jason@Performance
Sponsor
Performance Nissan

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

it is not a bad sound... just some people dont know what it is when they have it installed and think something is wrong...

it is only noticied under 2500 RPM if you are pressing the throttle to the floor... and it isnt very loud...

the stock flywheel can do it too... some times louder then the NISMO or JWT would dependingon how hard you have drivin the stock flywheel...

The TILTON can be streetable if you get the rite clutch for your needs... the Cerametallic Racing Clutch I have in my car is amazing on a track or at high speeds... but stop and go... if you were to get the carbon-carbon clutch it will slip and behave just like the stock clutch... only rev a heck of a lot faster... the carbon-carbon clutch is 4 times the price of the racing clutch, but will last more then 8 times longer.... and 4 times longer then an OE clutch...
Old 04-04-2004, 05:48 PM
scz

Wow I might just have to skip on the tilton after seeing the price of the carbon/carbon. That is some expensive ****.