Notices
G35/G37 General discussion and news for Infiniti's G or for full Forums check out MyG37.com or G35Driver.com

G35 put up a pretty good fight against my STI

Search this Thread

Old 05-30-2004, 10:47 PM
Nova1

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default G35 put up a pretty good fight against my STI

Just as the title says, I was out cruising around in my STI tonight, and a guy in a black G35 coupe whose license plate was G35SC (Maybe supercharged? Do they have those out for the G35 already?) put up a pretty decent fight, and I must admit I was pretty damn surprised at how well he was hangin with me up until about 80.

I didn't want to race at first. I haven't ever properly worked on launching, and it's my first AWD car. So, needless to say, I bogged the hell out of the lauch. I ligned up behind him at a light, still contemplating whether or not I should give him a run, but as the light got ready to turn, I new he was going for it cause he started creepin forward. I held the revs at 3K (That's where I usually leave it when launching my M3) and as I go, brmp, it drops down to 1500, and the G35 takes off. I played catch up until I hit 5th gear, then kinda started to walk away.

Smooth car, and a real fighter. You guys think this thing might have been supercharged? It was pretty strong, and as I was pumping 2nd thru 4th, I wasn't really making up much ground.

Probably my only post here, so peace guys, and have some fun!
Old 05-31-2004, 04:56 AM
booger

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Sorry ...But if he was SCed he would have walked you .I raced a STI at the track . He jumped out in front of me bad . He had a 1.9..60 foot and mine was 2.5 . It was a 1/8 mile track so the out come would have been worse for him at a 1/4 mile . Once I hit 3rd in my AT5 I was pulling on him as we passed the line
Old 05-31-2004, 06:48 AM
esemes

Originally posted by booger
Sorry ...But if he was SCed he would have walked you .I raced a STI at the track . He jumped out in front of me bad . He had a 1.9..60 foot and mine was 2.5 . It was a 1/8 mile track so the out come would have been worse for him at a 1/4 mile . Once I hit 3rd in my AT5 I was pulling on him as we passed the line
i look forward to a lil sti fun myself......

now, if the subu is modded (as we are , boog) then its gonna be one heck of a fight........

theres a black/gold one around here, with a bov that sounds like a shotgun....... mean.....

i'll be ready next wek, for certain
Old 05-31-2004, 07:30 AM
booger

Originally posted by esemes
i look forward to a lil sti fun myself......

now, if the subu is modded (as we are , boog) then its gonna be one heck of a fight........

theres a black/gold one around here, with a bov that sounds like a shotgun....... mean.....

i'll be ready next wek, for certain
He only had exhaust and intake...but yes your right . If they up the boost a little we would be in trouble .Im getting torque converter this week and hooking up the brake light switch .If I get it done by Friday Im going up to the 1/4 mile track to see what I can do . If not ..I'll hit the 1/8 mile again Saturday
Old 05-31-2004, 08:36 AM
luvmyG35

Being a previous WRX owner i feel i should chime in on this. If we are comparing the STI to a Supercharged G35 from a dead stop and 1/4 mile, then the STi might be able to hold off the G35. Now if we are talking from a roll, the G35 will walk all over the STi. Now some people might not agree with this but its pretty much true. A stock STi is capable of running 13.0 1/4's with a good driver. I believe SC G35's run about the same. So it will probably come down to the drivers but it will be easier for the STi driver because of the AWD so he has no traction issues and can launch just about as high as wants with practically nothing to worry about. On the highway, the SC G35 will murder the STi. Subaru's aren't known for their top end.
Old 05-31-2004, 12:38 PM
SkiBum

On the highway, the SC G35 will murder the STi. Subaru's aren't known for their top end.
That is hysterical. You have it the other way around...
Old 05-31-2004, 12:54 PM
booger

Originally posted by luvmyG35
Being a previous WRX owner i feel i should chime in on this. If we are comparing the STI to a Supercharged G35 from a dead stop and 1/4 mile, then the STi might be able to hold off the G35. Now if we are talking from a roll, the G35 will walk all over the STi. Now some people might not agree with this but its pretty much true. A stock STi is capable of running 13.0 1/4's with a good driver. I believe SC G35's run about the same. So it will probably come down to the drivers but it will be easier for the STi driver because of the AWD so he has no traction issues and can launch just about as high as wants with practically nothing to worry about. On the highway, the SC G35 will murder the STi. Subaru's aren't known for their top end.
Sorry a STI has no chance against a SC G35 in a 1/4 mile .The only wat would it happen is if the G35 was left standing still at the line Like I said the STI that I raced got a 1.9 60 ft and I had a 2.5 and I caught him in a 1/8 mile so it would just be worse at a 1/4 mile. I dont know what STi has for whp but it wouldnt hold up to 380whp that my SC G35 has
Old 05-31-2004, 04:16 PM
SOLO-350Z
'12 TL SH-AWD

Originally posted by luvmyG35
STI is only good for off the line runs. On a roll is the weak spot and the G35 without a SC will be dead even with it. With a SC it would kill it. Same goes for the WRX. Everyone thought it was fast, and the only reason its fast in the 1/4 is because of AWD. If you did a NORMAL street take off at the track the WRX would be a 15 sec car, and the STI a 14 sec car.
Old 05-31-2004, 04:54 PM
esemes

Originally posted by G35_TX
STI is only good for off the line runs. On a roll is the weak spot and the G35 without a SC will be dead even with it. With a SC it would kill it. Same goes for the WRX. Everyone thought it was fast, and the only reason its fast in the 1/4 is because of AWD. If you did a NORMAL street take off at the track the WRX would be a 15 sec car, and the STI a 14 sec car.
maybee so.......

but on the streets, most races (unplanned) are more resemblant to 0-60 times, in which the sti walks almost everyone.... (i had a deposit on one, days before i got the g35, with BIG plans o mod the heck outta it....... once it rrived, and i sat inside, i couldnt trade in my fx45 for it... no way, no how...)

glad to have a 300+hp g35sc, with plans to add a few more ponies too (and have heated leather, navi, power this and that, etc..)
Old 06-02-2004, 10:20 AM
luvmyG35

Originally posted by SkiBum
That is hysterical. You have it the other way around...
How do i have it the other way around?? So you're saying a STi can murder a Supercharged G35 from a roll??? Don't know what you're smoking but it must be good stuff for you to think that
Old 06-02-2004, 11:22 AM
afr0puff

Considering your bog... i'm guessing his plate meant "Sport Coupe" or sports coupe.