Notices
G35/G37 General discussion and news for Infiniti's G or for full Forums check out MyG37.com or G35Driver.com

Vibrating Noise on Start-Up

Search this Thread

Old 11-09-2004 | 09:55 PM
dom_rebel

Unhappy Vibrating Noise on Start-Up

Hey Guys,

I am new to this forum,
I am from Montreal, Canada and just purchased a G35 Coupe 6MT 3 weeks ago. I love it and can't live without it...
The problem is: when i start the car up, I hear a metal-to-metal noise coming from the muffler. It sounds as if the muffler is lose a bit and vibrates on another piece of metal. The sound last for about 2-4 seconds...
Is it normal?? has it happen to anybody else before?? Is my new car sick already??? What should I do???
Old 11-10-2004 | 06:12 AM
bhamvett

Mine is new, and does not make that sound. Take it to the dealer.
They will give you a car to drive, while they fix it!
Old 11-18-2004 | 08:38 PM
tcfool

Default Re: Vibrating Noise on Start-Up

Originally posted by dom_rebel
Hey Guys,

I am new to this forum,
I am from Montreal, Canada and just purchased a G35 Coupe 6MT 3 weeks ago. I love it and can't live without it...
The problem is: when i start the car up, I hear a metal-to-metal noise coming from the muffler. It sounds as if the muffler is lose a bit and vibrates on another piece of metal. The sound last for about 2-4 seconds...
Is it normal?? has it happen to anybody else before?? Is my new car sick already??? What should I do???
From the front or rear? Sometimes I hear a clinking noise like you describe for about 2-4 seconds as well except mine sounds like something mechanical engaging and it sounds like it is coming form under the hood... It just started a few days ago. I have 6,000 miles and I have had mine since 06-27-03....

TC
Old 11-18-2004 | 08:59 PM
dom_rebel

Well, mine really seem to come from the muffler area, but it is only when the car is COLD, or on a relatively COLD temperature...
The dealer said that it is probably a piece of the exhaust that is a bit loose...
I have also noticed that the interior of the car makes a lot of squeaks and crakles, as if the part were not solidely assembled together... (especially the glove compartment)
It's a very minor detail, but something that I have noticed while driving the car...
But its still such a GREAT CAR!!!!